• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Morgan Freeman

Stan Wickham (3)
1. Toby Targett (J)
2. Charlie Ghattas (J)
3. Felix Harvison (E)
4. Finnlay Bartlett (S)
5. Arthur Greer (J)
6. Lucas Arnautovic (J)
7. Henri Dempsey (I)
8. Johannes Logan (J)
9. Angus Grover (I)
10. Rex Bassingthwaite (E)
11. Leo Jacuqes (S)
12. Sam Terry (I)
13. Ethan Tombs (J)
14. Talen Risata (K)
15. Toby Rodwell (N)
Makasini (N) should be knocking on the door.

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hey guys! Just letting everyone know (if they haven't already) JOEYS had a prop play on with a dislocated shoulder!

Anyway, I would put Fittler (right wing) to outside centre, Jaques (outside centre) to fullback, and have McKenzie (fullback) at right wing. This was the backline they had last year when they were in year 11 and they were doing much better than they are now. When Large comes back I would have him at inside centre and put Lemoto (inside centre) in the forwards. The 2XV fullback is Will Johnson and he definitely is deserving of a start in the firsts, maybe you could throw him in at flyhalf and drop Soepono to give him a bit of motivation and see how Will Johnson goes in firsts.
Making the backline look like this:
10: Will Johnson
11: Tom O'Hara
12: Onitoni Large/ Heinz Lemoto
13: Zac Fittler
14: Jay McKenzie
15: Leo Jaques
I agree with this. The backline positioning selections from Scots have had me scratching my head a few times.

saladsdon'twinscrums

Bob McCowan (2)
Match of the round this week?
I must say I do think View vs Scots @ Scots will be a great match. There has been a lot of speculation about View playing away so it will be a game for them to prove they can win away as well as home. Also, View coming into the season were underdogs and have started the season with 2 wins whereas Scots have sum to prove coming into the season as favourites and starting the season poorly. However, I think View will walk away with the chocolates this week with Grover having another big one. View 19-12

SDWS

The Front Rower

Ward Prentice (10)
I must say I do think View vs Scots @ Scots will be a great match. There has been a lot of speculation about View playing away so it will be a game for them to prove they can win away as well as home. Also, View coming into the season were underdogs and have started the season with 2 wins whereas Scots have sum to prove coming into the season as favourites and starting the season poorly. However, I think View will walk away with the chocolates this week with Grover having another big one. View 19-12

SDWS
Its really simple for Scots:

Pick this backline: (Scots wins)

9. Max Paterson
10. W. Johnson
11. T. O'Hara
12. Heinz Lamoto
13. Zac Fittler
14. Ja Mckenzie
15. L. Jackques

Dont pick that backline Riverview wins by ++18 points.

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
Its really simple for Scots:

Pick this backline: (Scots wins)

9. Max Paterson
10. W. Johnson
11. T. O'Hara
12. Heinz Lamoto
13. Zac Fittler
14. Ja Mckenzie
15. L. Jackques

Dont pick that backline Riverview wins by ++18 points.
Don't think they'd win by that much but I agree this is a stronger Scots backline. If they pick this and then exploit Riverview's weaker left edge, they'll be hard to contain.

BoysfromtheBxW

Allen Oxlade (6)
1. Felix Harvison
2. Charlie Ghattas (J)
3. Hasani Bloomfield (K)
4. Finnlay Bartlett (S)
5. Arthur Greer (J)
6. Lucas Arnautovic (J)
7. Gus Gordon (E)
8. Johannes Logan (J)
9. Angus Grover (I)
10. Talen Risati (K)
11. Leo Jacuqes (S)
12. Sam Terry (I)
13. Ethan Tombs (J)
14. Tom Hartman (I)
15. Jai callaghan (E)
This is how I would put it

BoysfromtheBxW

Allen Oxlade (6)
My review of Year 10 student (Class of 2026) Players that have been playing in the 1st XV this season

Kings- 2026 is definitely going to be there year.
Talen Risati- Has fit right in to the fullback position and has been one of kings best players this season. He is great on his feet and is an outstanding kicker. I was at the Scots vs Kings game in round 1 and it was heart breaking to see him miss the kick to win it. It must be hard being a 16 year old and having 2000 people watching you kick a goal from the sideline with a whole school screaming at you. He will get used to the pressure and will be one of the top prospects in the next few years.

Hasani Bloomfield - Been an outstanding addition to this Kings side and is a great prop. From my view he is a dominant scrummager and a very good ball carrier.

Toby Davies- Looks to be a great 7 and is very good over the ball. Did well against Scots tackling the big fellas. What worries me is his size and ability to do what a traditional #7 would do and believe kings is lacking that. With a Cleverly or Le maitre or even Dempsey Kings could be a top side.

Scots -
They seem to only have Ashton Large who has had a chance in the opens. Would love to see him come into the backline if scot’s continue to struggle and it is going to be good see him and his brother be in the same team next year!

Riverview
Isaac Perkins
- Watched him through the trial period and it seemed like he struggled to get involved. Haven’t seen him during GPS season yet so unsure of his whereabouts. Would like to hear if he’s injured or if he got dropped.

Shore -
Nick Wendt - Heard rumours that he was playing on the wing for the 1sts this year but haven’t seen him yet. Saw someone on the forum write a few weeks ago that he has a wrist injury. If anyone knows anything on his expected return I would love to know!

Newington
iliyaz Viliamu and Isiah Sheck -
Both outstanding props and this age group seems to have a strength in props with these 2 and Hasani. It’s not often we see 16 year old props in the opens let alone 3. Isiah has been coming of the bench for the past few weeks and has been making an impact. Saw on Streamer that Iliyaz hurt himself in a scrum vs Kings so unsure of his expected return but he was looking promising.

Doing my HSC

Frank Nicholson (4)
Isaac Perkins was in the 1st XV until he got injured in the last trial game against Waves (Ankle)...

He was doing well, real workhorse

Should come back relatively soon

belowthesternum

Bob McCowan (2)
Hasani Bloomfield - Been an outstanding addition to this Kings side and is a great prop. From my view he is a dominant scrummager and a very good ball carrier.
A great prospect Indeed. Are you 100% sure he is in year 10 because remember that he was playing 16as (a year above) and was in year 10 at Oakhill in 2023.

The Chairman

Alex Ross (28)
Anyone got the TOTW for round 2?
1. Targett (J)
2. Ghattas (J)
3. Harvison (E)
4. Graham (I)
5. Greer (J)
6. Gordon (E)
7. Logan (J)
8. Brial (S)
9. Grover (I)
10. Bassingthwaighte (E)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Fenwicke (K)
13. Humphries (N)
14. Risati (K)
15. Callaghan (E)

Tough outs: Dempsey (I), Bartlett (S), Conick (E), Terry (I)

Grip 'n Rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Also, how does no one ever mention the fact that Joeys is constantly team stacking. This is where they bring players from higher grades and make them play down in lower grades. This is probably done to help keep their very prestigious expectation of always having incredible depth.
Thanks for this comment.
Complete waffle. Really clutching the final staws with this type of input .

bimboo30000

Frank Row (1)
Promising signs around the 16's competition this year overall. Some highlight players to mention Henry Gardiner (Joeys) promising outside back with great skill and pace, Taj Scar (Riverview) Hard carrying back solid key for view this season, Connor Durbidge and Duke Millward (Kings) backbone of kings team and back row- consistent every week. Tully Robertson (Shore) and Liam Sidwell (Shore) both assets for Shore opens next year, both in key positions and many rep rugby accomplishments.

Rookie21

Larry Dwyer (12)
1. Targett (J)
2. Ghattas (J)
3. Harvison (E)
4. Graham (I)
5. Greer (J)
6. Gordon (E)
7. Logan (J)
8. Brial (S)
9. Grover (I)
10. Bassingthwaighte (E)
11. Makasini (N)
12. Fenwicke (K)
13. Humphries (N)
14. Risati (K)
15. Callaghan (E)

Tough outs: Dempsey (I), Bartlett (S), Conick (E), Terry (I)
I agree with this though I would have Jaques in there

RushingRob

Ward Prentice (10)
Anyway, back to something important- when is each school's "Back to -" day, I know the Scots one isn't confirmed yet, when is other school's? This day is always a big day and certainly can have a massive impact on the home team when there are hundreds or thousands of old boys returning and cheering on the teams.