• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Warringah Maul

Frank Row (1)
My review of Year 10 student (Class of 2026) Players that have been playing in the 1st XV this season

Kings- 2026 is definitely going to be there year.
Talen Risati- Has fit right in to the fullback position and has been one of kings best players this season. He is great on his feet and is an outstanding kicker. I was at the Scots vs Kings game in round 1 and it was heart breaking to see him miss the kick to win it. It must be hard being a 16 year old and having 2000 people watching you kick a goal from the sideline with a whole school screaming at you. He will get used to the pressure and will be one of the top prospects in the next few years.

Hasani Bloomfield - Been an outstanding addition to this Kings side and is a great prop. From my view he is a dominant scrummager and a very good ball carrier.

Toby Davies- Looks to be a great 7 and is very good over the ball. Did well against Scots tackling the big fellas. What worries me is his size and ability to do what a traditional #7 would do and believe kings is lacking that. With a Cleverly or Le maitre or even Dempsey Kings could be a top side.

Scots -
They seem to only have Ashton Large who has had a chance in the opens. Would love to see him come into the backline if scot’s continue to struggle and it is going to be good see him and his brother be in the same team next year!

Riverview
Isaac Perkins
- Watched him through the trial period and it seemed like he struggled to get involved. Haven’t seen him during GPS season yet so unsure of his whereabouts. Would like to hear if he’s injured or if he got dropped.

Shore -
Nick Wendt - Heard rumours that he was playing on the wing for the 1sts this year but haven’t seen him yet. Saw someone on the forum write a few weeks ago that he has a wrist injury. If anyone knows anything on his expected return I would love to know!

Newington
iliyaz Viliamu and Isiah Sheck -
Both outstanding props and this age group seems to have a strength in props with these 2 and Hasani. It’s not often we see 16 year old props in the opens let alone 3. Isiah has been coming of the bench for the past few weeks and has been making an impact. Saw on Streamer that Iliyaz hurt himself in a scrum vs Kings so unsure of his expected return but he was looking promising.
Nick Wendt was set to return to the 1st XV comp last weekend in the second half. He played the first half in the 2nd XV fixture where he came off early. Recent scans have deemed he suffered and ACL injury. Terrible injury to have in his first year of opens rugby, he will be making his return next season.

Nick Wendt was set to return to the 1st XV comp last weekend in the second half. He played the first half in the 2nd XV fixture where he came off early. Recent scans have deemed he suffered and ACL injury. Terrible injury to have in his first year of opens rugby, he will be making his return next season.
Always a bummer when that happens.

PROPaganda

Allen Oxlade (6)
Gutting stuff. He will miss the entire of the basketball season (he was in the 1st last year) and most of the Rugby preseason.

Mosmanwhale

Bob McCowan (2)
Don't think they'd win by that much but I agree this is a stronger Scots backline. If they pick this and then exploit Riverview's weaker left edge, they'll be hard to contain.
A reshuffle of the forwards is needed. Brial and Ulcoqu doing a lot of heavy work. Need some workers in the forwards to help these boys out. #10 won't be replaced until Large is back from injury. Not sure why they wouldn't try Johnson? It will be a lingering question that we may never get the answer to.

wiltwalker

Stan Wickham (3)
Does anyone know of any changes in the Scots camp?

I heard Bartlett may have a head knock, and some serious changes to come in their backline.

Curious to find out.

Wilty

Here for the advice

Stan Wickham (3)
This is how I would put it
My review of Year 10 student (Class of 2026) Players that have been playing in the 1st XV this season

Kings- 2026 is definitely going to be there year.
Talen Risati- Has fit right in to the fullback position and has been one of kings best players this season. He is great on his feet and is an outstanding kicker. I was at the Scots vs Kings game in round 1 and it was heart breaking to see him miss the kick to win it. It must be hard being a 16 year old and having 2000 people watching you kick a goal from the sideline with a whole school screaming at you. He will get used to the pressure and will be one of the top prospects in the next few years.

Hasani Bloomfield - Been an outstanding addition to this Kings side and is a great prop. From my view he is a dominant scrummager and a very good ball carrier.

Toby Davies- Looks to be a great 7 and is very good over the ball. Did well against Scots tackling the big fellas. What worries me is his size and ability to do what a traditional #7 would do and believe kings is lacking that. With a Cleverly or Le maitre or even Dempsey Kings could be a top side.

Scots -
They seem to only have Ashton Large who has had a chance in the opens. Would love to see him come into the backline if scot’s continue to struggle and it is going to be good see him and his brother be in the same team next year!

Riverview
Isaac Perkins
- Watched him through the trial period and it seemed like he struggled to get involved. Haven’t seen him during GPS season yet so unsure of his whereabouts. Would like to hear if he’s injured or if he got dropped.

Shore -
Nick Wendt - Heard rumours that he was playing on the wing for the 1sts this year but haven’t seen him yet. Saw someone on the forum write a few weeks ago that he has a wrist injury. If anyone knows anything on his expected return I would love to know!

Newington
iliyaz Viliamu and Isiah Sheck -
Both outstanding props and this age group seems to have a strength in props with these 2 and Hasani. It’s not often we see 16 year old props in the opens let alone 3. Isiah has been coming of the bench for the past few weeks and has been making an impact. Saw on Streamer that Iliyaz hurt himself in a scrum vs Kings so unsure of his expected return but he was looking promising.
Was not aware the Kings 3 Hasani was year 10. Maybe the Y12/11’s need to give him the ball more he was dominating Shore but saw less than expected of that bullocking running. The 15 was sharp too! For Shore seems Nick Wendy has injured himself again sadly as went off early in 2’s if was in the right jersey of match day program.

The Front Rower

Ward Prentice (10)
The issue with Scots Rugby at the moment is they are playing rugby league in a rugby union game against sides who play union very well. At the end of the day, names on the team sheets don't matter if tactically not there. On the weekend, Joeys slowed down the game, and controlled the tempo and Scots with their league approach were no match. This week will be very interesting to see both team selections and how they bounce back against View at home.
The issue isn't with league it's the coaching of the Scots 1stXV. The coaches are picking kids in positions they have never played before. Apologies someone needs to say it! The Elephant in the room. If the coaches dont pick kids in positions they have played for in years, it's a struggle as witnessed Saturday against an excellent very well coached Joeys team. Scots were out coached, simple as that... Congrat to all at Joeys they deserved it. Scots won only 4 games out of 30 on Saturday seems like they need shake up, maybe Brian Smith wasn't the issue!!!!

NotAlwaysCorrectAdam

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone think the shore 4th xv should be added to the 3rd xv comp next year???
Let's be honest here mate.... King's barely lost 17-10. Two of the Shore tries came off an intercept thrown by the 10 at King's. As far as I can tell, King's was in this game throughout the entirety of the game only losing because of some poor decisions from the 10.

Cheers

Max Jorgasm

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone know of any changes in the Scots camp?

I heard Bartlett may have a head knock, and some serious changes to come in their backline.

Curious to find out.

Wilty
Greetings Wilt,
I can not confirm any changes but I can confirm that Ben Bousie has been spreading word that he will destroy captain of boarding Jack O'hara's cousin who is the opposite winger to Ben in the 1st XV.
Your's truely,

Max Jorgasm
#healupsoonkingjorgo