• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

ScrumAndCoke!

Frank Nicholson (4)
I genuinely am fascinated with the Shore kids thinking they’ve got a look in. Take out the 7 and a couple of others and it is a very limited team. Unlikely to have forward dominance and little threat in the backs.
Despite claims to the contrary this age group hasn’t won diddly since the 13s.
Great for GPS rugby that they’re competitive again but they’re not a top three team.
Good on them and hope they prove me wrong.
Shore's lineup for 2024 definitely has a few standout players who will really push the team but there are also some "Underrated players" who i think will find their feet and excel, the likes of (Lewis Kingdom, Henry Conick, James Warner and Ed baxter). I believe these boys are going to be the root of the team as they are all returning 1st XV players and have the confidence this year to do great things. My point being the standout players will be there Eg Marshall, Rex etc but these other boys will step up and play to somewhat of the same level especially if they connect as a team.

Also the back line will be furious with Rex and Jai in 10 and 15. The forward line wont be as deep as the backline but will still be a threat just to reply to your comment about both.
-Scrum

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
joeys in this age group is sub-par at best, they have been most underwhelming for their entire campaign as an age group and have struggled to beat stronger teams on most occasions (i.e. Scots, shore).
They do have a strong year 11 group this year though, led by Justice and Fowler + many other talented players. Struggled in 16's losing many of their players to opens but have gone well in years before. Scots vs Joeys will be a huge match up as always. 16s game will be one to watch

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
Shore's lineup for 2024 definitely has a few standout players who will really push the team but there are also some "Underrated players" who i think will find their feet and excel, the likes of (Lewis Kingdom, Henry Conick, James Warner and Ed baxter). I believe these boys are going to be the root of the team as they are all returning 1st XV players and have the confidence this year to do great things. My point being the standout players will be there Eg Marshall, Rex etc but these other boys will step up and play to somewhat of the same level especially if they connect as a team.

Also the back line will be furious with Rex and Jai in 10 and 15. The forward line wont be as deep as the backline but will still be a threat just to reply to your comment about both.
-Scrum
What is their depth like though? the two round comp inevitably leads to injuries which can change a team's fortunes overnight.
Joeys and New will be extremely susceptible to injuries as well.

as a riverview fan i might be a bit bias, there is something in the water over there tho that makes there forwards beasts, what evers in the water is also making them abit G** as ive heard some weird stories from there first 15

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
This is not true. The forwards led by Luca Cleverely (Australian Schoolboys) and a very strong scrum coming from the 16s there forwards will do just fine and the backs are are as you said very good.
It's not the talent that's the issue for New. It's the clipboard holders that confuse everyone.
isn't that what Shore is with Marshall, but Newington's year 11s are a stronger pack seen by there dominance in the scrums last year and 5 out of 8 of there pack selected in the GPS Teams last year.
Who doesn't make one? Four sides now with extras called up.

TheMaulester

Herbert Moran (7)
What is their depth like though? the two round comp inevitably leads to injuries which can change a team's fortunes overnight.
Great depth within the Shore squads. People like Alex Segaert, Isaac Edwards, Gus Gordan, Ed Arnold and Jamison Lyne would make perfect replacements for any 1st player that get injured. Shore has plenty of wonderful forward and back talent within the 2nds players that would perform just as well as any other 1st player. Let me know if you have any thoughts.

TheMaulester

ScrumAndCoke!

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yeah look, Injuries are most likely going to happen throughout the season as will happen with most teams. The severity of the Injury is the important bit, all you can do is hope it happens to no one and if it does, not the standout playmakers.
In regards to the depth it seems majority of the players have a decent back up in the 2's from the predictions I've heard around other old boys who are very interested in shore this year. I will try get names from some sources to provide.
-Scrum

TheMaulester

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah look, Injuries are most likely going to happen throughout the season as will happen with most teams. The severity of the Injury is the important bit, all you can do is hope it happens to no one and if it does, not the standout playmakers.
In regards to the depth it seems majority of the players have a decent back up in the 2's from the predictions I've heard around other old boys who are very interested in shore this year. I will try get names from some sources to provide.
-Scrum
Just to list a few 2nds players from Shore to can play 1st:
Alex Segeart
Jamison Lyne
Gus Gordan
Ed Arnold
Ed Cowdry
Hugh Reardon
Hugh Brickwell
Isaac Edwards
Preston Scott
Alex Yates

This is just the tip of the iceberg that Shore has this year. Should be a great year
@ScrumAndCoke! Let me know what you think about this list.

The Maulester

ScrumAndCoke!

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just to list a few 2nds players from Shore to can play 1st:
Alex Segeart
Jamison Lyne
Gus Gordan
Ed Arnold
Ed Cowdry
Hugh Reardon
Hugh Brickwell
Isaac Edwards
Preston Scott
Alex Yates

This is just the tip of the iceberg that Shore has this year. Should be a great year
@ScrumAndCoke! Let me know what you think about this list.

The Maulester
I watched a few 2nds games and have heard of a few of these blokes however people like Alex Yates, Ed arnold, Ed cowdery and Isaac edwards must've flown under my radar. What teams did they play last year?
-Scrum

TheMaulester

Herbert Moran (7)
I watched a few 2nds games and have heard of a few of these blokes however people like Alex Yates, Ed arnold, Ed cowdery and Isaac edwards must've flown under my radar. What teams did they play last year?
-Scrum
Alex and Ed Cowdry are young guns from the 16s and Ed Arnold (Back) and Isaac Edwards(forward) played 3rds/2nds last year.

Keep a good eye out for them this year. Great players and very entertaining play style to watch.

TheMaulester