• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys View - View will be confident after smashing Joeys in the trial but as always both teams lift for this game. With Curtin at 9 and Kay at 12 i think the Joeys backline will be alot stronger. Either Joeys by 3 or View by 15

Newington Kings - Newington will be playing for a chance at second while Kings just playing to finish in the top half of the ladder. New by 12

Shore Grammer - Possible grammer upset. like the Joeys View game either Grammer by a little or Shore by alot

Scots High - Scots to head to Riverview to support Joeys

B

baldingwingforward

Augurs very well for success in 2012 as well as this year.

Only if the sides contain a large number of Yr 11 or Yr 10 boys. Do you know how many players Riverview will have returning from the 1st 2nd and 3rd XVs? And even then it doesn't really guarantee success - just look at Newington this year. 9 players back from a Championship winning side in 2010 (including 4 Australian reps) and they have been average. Most people thought they would win easily this year. (Still waiting to hear from Rugbygirl!)

Just goes to show you can't pick the form this far out and also what impact coaches and culture can have on a promising group of players.

This far out Joeys or Kings will be the favorites for next year.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
The rain over Sydney today must be bode well for View tomorrow. Kullen will be like a pig in mud tomorrow. Literally.

G

G-78-XV-V

View over Joeys, too strong overall, and playing for the premiership. GOOD LUCK TO RIVERVIEW.
New over Kings, too strong up front.
Shore v Grammar, interesting, dare I say, too hard to call...for us lonely Grammar supporters, this is the age group, where, three years ago, Grammar beat them in the 15A's (at Weigall) and the following year, again, in the 16A's, at Northbridge, and last year Grammar 1st's should have won, if not for two disallowed tries deamed to be "held-up" over the line...
Grammar are at full strength, after missing their GPS centre, Jones, 3 weeks ago against View, and last week, their No.9 against New. Good luck to the Grammar boys.

P

pitbull

Grammar dont have much of a chance, shore have come close to new and view, grammar got absolutely thrashed by both. shore by 15+

G

G-78-XV-V

Sixteens...
Joeys over View, by 7
Kings over New, by 14...heard a rumour that New will play their eligable sixteens who are currently playing opens to try and knock Kings off.
Shore over Grammar by several converted tries (although, how did Grammar beat New last week, were New full strength ??)
Scots...bye

G

G-78-XV-V

Grammar dont have much of a chance, shore have come close to new and view, grammar got absolutely thrashed by both. shore by 15+

Us Grammar supporters have reached levels of optimism yet to be defined by science !!!

G

G-78-XV-V

The other recent one was, "one day you'll work for us".
Have'nt heard it for a while, the headmaster probably canned it.

S120

Chris McKivat (8)
When I was there we used to use the following chant to the tune of Land of Hope and Glory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=podh1wht9RY). It went:

We hate Newington College,
We hate Joeys too, and Shore!
We hate St.Ignatius
But Grammar we love you.

We don't import Tongans,
We don't do Pathways, or Roids (*while pointing at whichever school we were playing at the time)!
We do year 12 once not twice,
We are the Grammar boys!

That got banned when I was in about year 10 I think. Good times. Too bad I never got to play on Weigall when this was being sung. Would have had a little chuckle to myself.

U

Uncle Pete

Classic.
But recent HSC results has seen SGS lose its status as one of the top academic schools. Thank goodness! It is positive to see you guys competing in the sports and winning the rowing was such a blessing as it broke SHORE's dominance but as well, made the GPS stronger.

To whom has it lost that status?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sixteens...
Joeys over View, by 7
Kings over New, by 14...heard a rumour that New will play their eligable sixteens who are currently playing opens to try and knock Kings off.
Shore over Grammar by several converted tries (although, how did Grammar beat New last week, were New full strength ??)
Scots...bye

If New are playing all their eligible U16s I'm nearly tempted to venture over to Stanmore to see if Kings U16As can maintain their unbeaten run in 2011... could be a real cracker of a game especially if Tepai is playing in the centres for New. However I think that there's more entertainment to be had over a number of games by strolling up to View for their annual antagonistic encounter with Joeys.

T

The Blindside

Sixteens...
Joeys over View, by 7
Scots...bye

New 16A's beat Grammar by 60 points last week.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
View v Joeys (Ones) - is that still in the morning? 11am? Can't find the page where it was mentioned now.

Edit - it's on at 11.15 am.

Bob McCowan (2)
history has been made today at riverview with both 1sts and 2nds becoming undefeated gps champions for the first time in history

1sts: 26-22

- riverview in control most of the game jumped out to a 19-3 lead before joeys clawed their way back, some tense final moments eventually the final whistle went

2nds; 40 something - 0

- scoreline says it all joeys never in it

riverview 3rds also undefeated capping off a great year for riverview rugby

N

Norma

Well done View on your first double championship. Too good and well deserved. Only 34 more to go to match the boys across the river.

Great game and played in good spirit. Joeys boys very loud today in support Joeys were brave to come back from 26-3 with 20 to go. View won it in the first half with some luck and Joeys defensive errors. Five more minutes at the end would have been interesting. As a great coach once said "we didn't lose, we just ran out of time".

Finally, it was lovely to see most of the TSC 1st XV team and their coaches there as well all cheering for Joeys. They were quite animated in the last 10 minutes. The coach couldn't contain himself. This season will be seen as a disappointment for TSC as they should have won the title.

I am not sure how you come to the conclusion that TSC should have won the title.....apart from SJC, SIC beat three heavyweights NC, TKS and TSC all away from SIC.

I think given 1sts, 2nds & 3rds for SIC are all undefeated, Riverview thoroughly deserved to be the champions without reservation or qualification.

G

Grunta007

Riverview victory over St Joseph's College

Congrats to Riverview for an outstanding result. Simply brilliant result for the 2nd XV & 3rd XV teams as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.