• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PTB

is it safe to say stewart & horwitz aswell as rorke and whitely are the only guarantees for gps 1st jerseys? with kellaway not far behind but not a definite?

stem

Stan Wickham (3)
is it safe to say stewart & horwitz aswell as rorke and whitely are the only guarantees for gps 1st jerseys? with kellaway not far behind but not a definite?
History says YES.
The system is so lacking in support/ finance/ focus/ review that past incumbents will be selected.....too expensive to look outside the established associations. Or are the selectors underpaid /overworked. ( cynical whinge says overpaid /underworked ??????)
Sad for those young men overlooked and working hard. Frustrating!!...... but that is Rugby.
Having said that, never forget we beat NZ schools last year...a rare event. it will be a fascinating year ,watching great talent in all associations.
Roll on the games.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
OK have had to delete about 10 posts with fucking bonehead schoolboy shit. There is now a zero tolerance policy on this thread, any posts that I deem to be fucking stupid (eg talking up you mates or nobodies, taking the piss with a fake XV etc) will be deleted and the users banned.

If there is a pattern where all of the fuckwits are coming from one school (yes we can tell) then that school will be blocked.

We don't want to have to do what Sportal did, and so far we have been the only place on the web where you can have a good chat about GPS rugby. Please let's keep it that way.

And to legitimate users please use the 'report' button on posts you think apply to the above criteria. This makes everyone's job a lot easier.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Anyone want to throw out some names who are likely to play Schools ?

Rorke and Dempsey from View looked like strong contenders from their form last year. There was also some massive unit from Newington playing in the backrow who a mate of mine mentioned was only in year 11...

footychixbeers

Stan Wickham (3)
Armidale 1sts

1) j. Anderson
2) wales
3) Diggins
4) hume
5) Bellemore
6) chapman
7) Storr
8) O'keefe
9) sunny (VC)
10) Clegg Heath (C)
11) Nicholson
12) Futardo
13) Chris Furtardo
14) Jamison
15) Maunsell

This is just my view, I'm a senior this year, manager of the team

Maunsell is looking good this season, with a lot of weights training, gaining a lot of body mass, and his step-brother storr is set to make his mark in the record books as the youngest ever player.

C

comrades

horwitz stewart and kellaway are all shoo ins for 1's, aswell as Dempsey and rorke. these 5 will likely go on and play schools, i would be pretty surprised if they didnt. i like this dempsey kid tho, he as an uncanny ability to change a game and is a weapon in defence and ball running which is rare among gps backrowers. however, horwitz is coming off a serious injury iv heard so itl be interesting to see how he performs.

F

Finland Fella

Watched last seasons Newington 2nd XV number 8 Ben Chahoud have a blinder in round 1 SG Ball for the Sharks. With Oscar Pryor Lees and David Morris also returning, the New backrow looks very strong. Chuck in backs like Lussick, Milne, Tepai and Pople - I'm warming to the Black and whites chances - but hey, you guys keep talking up Joey's, View, Scots, Kings etc. As we saw last season, New don't handle expectations too well. Underdog status, that'll do just fine.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)

GPS selections are going to be very interesting this year as there really is a great wealth of talent to choose from. I'll toss up the below suggestions for comment:

1. Robertson (J) or Bateman (K) or Streeter (E)
  2. Barker (I) or Vea (N) or ??
  3. Sandell (J) or Kelly (I) or Ahosivi (N)
  4. Rorke (I) or Matson (K) or Hardy (J)
  5. Schwagger (J) or Cannell (N) or Prassas (N)
  6. Dempsey (I) or Goldie (J) or Moylan (K)
  7. Murphy (J) or McCalman (K) or Morris (N)
  8. Vassilis (N) or Kamp (S) or Whitely (I)
  9. Curtain (J) or Davis (K) or Lussick (N)
  10. Horwitz (S) or Deegan (J) or Tulloch (K)
  11. Redden (I) or Vlahos (N) or Rollins (E)
  12. Stewart (S) or Foketi (K) or Kay (J)
  13. Barclay (J) or Moeroa (N) or Frost (S)
  14. Pople (N) or Tourish (K) or Milne (N)
  15. Kellaway (S) or Jones (K) or Wilde (J)
I've put in three selections per position and would expect to see a fair smattering of these names in the GPS 1s, 2s and 3s - biggest struggle was with hooker as only two really stood out to me. (I haven't seen a suggested Scots forward pack put up yet and there are a couple of other players there in Colby Hawkins and Jamaine Crossley who might be contenders if they are in Scots firsts).

H

HarveyColon

seriously? not one grammar name has been mentioned and I don't think it will either. good point though.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
GPS selections are going to be very interesting this year as there really is a great wealth of talent to choose from. I'll toss up the below suggestions for comment:

1. Robertson (J) or Bateman (K) or Streeter (E)
  2. Barker (I) or Vea (N) or ??
  3. Sandell (J) or Kelly (I) or Ahosivi (N)
  4. Rorke (I) or Matson (K) or Hardy (J)
  5. Schwagger (J) or Cannell (N) or Prassas (N)
  6. Dempsey (I) or Goldie (J) or Moylan (K)
  7. Murphy (J) or McCalman (K) or Morris (N)
  8. Vassilis (N) or Kamp (S) or Whitely (I)
  9. Curtain (J) or Davis (K) or Lussick (N)
  10. Horwitz (S) or Deegan (J) or Tulloch (K)
  11. Redden (I) or Vlahos (N) or Rollins (E)
  12. Stewart (S) or Foketi (K) or Kay (J)
  13. Barclay (J) or Moeroa (N) or Frost (S)
  14. Pople (N) or Tourish (K) or Milne (N)
  15. Kellaway (S) or Jones (K) or Wilde (J)
I've put in three selections per position and would expect to see a fair smattering of these names in the GPS 1s, 2s and 3s - biggest struggle was with hooker as only two really stood out to me. (I haven't seen a suggested Scots forward pack put up yet and there are a couple of other players there in Colby Hawkins and Jamaine Crossley who might be contenders if they are in Scots firsts).

James Goldie could take one of the hooker spot, Nic Penisi as a 6. Josh Wilde from Joeys also a contender for a wing spot. i think youve got the first team right, although the halfback spot could be taken by any of those 3. All 6 of the halves youve named played u/16s last year am i right ?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
James Goldie could take one of the hooker spot, Nic Penisi as a 6. Josh Wilde from Joeys also a contender for a wing spot. i think youve got the first team right, although the halfback spot could be taken by any of those 3. All 6 of the halves youve named played u/16s last year am i right ?

I thought about Penisi but he'll have to prove himself after missing so much of last year due to injury.

I wasn't really picking a firsts team in any event just naming 3 potential players per position.

Curtain, Davis, Lussick, Deegan and Tulloch were all U16s last year but a few of them played Opens in GPS. Pretty sure Horwitz is older but happy to be corrected.

Looking back on my selections I'm a bit surprised at some of the school totals particularly New and View - I suppose that happens when you focus on players and your knowledge of them rather than where they go to school. The totals were: Joeys - 11, Newington - 11, Kings - 9, Riverview - 6, Scots - 5, and Shore - 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.