• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HarveyColon

Grammar won 6 tries to 2, a messy game with poor kicking and dropped balls (pun intended). Good effort from the Grammar forwards. High flyhalf had a disgusting mullet.

A more comprehensive report on the game would be enjoyable to read........throw some names out there

footychixbeers

Stan Wickham (3)
Kennedy (9-Riverview) Only missed out on GPS selection due to his injury against Joeys, hasn't really had the chance to show the selectors. His pass far surpasses any other halfbacks in the GPS and his vision is exemplary. What do we think of him?

G

gps guru

The GPS selections are quite the controversy. I for one was certain O'Donahue would be picked for the GPS ones

S

Sydneybra

Very surprised this Fergus got a position over the Joeys 2nd rower O’Donahue ?? He seemed a stand out in all outings this year?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Very surprised this Fergus got a position over the Joeys 2nd rower O’Donahue ?? He seemed a stand out in all outings this year?

Me too. Perhaps they are looking for taller timber for the lineout. O'Donahue played 8 today so maybe that counted against him in some way.

Tepai is in overseas for his grandmother's funeral and he won't be available for the trial.

Thanks - now his omission is explained.

Is there any talk around Scots about Stewart's injury?

T

therealjackwatts

I find it hard to believe that Kay didn't even make the reserves. He's a natural talent with the ball, has a great running and kicking game and is smart in his decisons, and on top of that he is a great utility. He has played halfback, five eighth, inside centre and fullback. Surely he would fit in there somewhere.

therugbyman

Stan Wickham (3)
With Robertson being moved to the 3 jersey does that damage his chances of making NSW or will the selectors for that team still look at him in the 1 jersey?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I am 100% sure that the NSW selectors already know what he can do at LHP and they will pick him there if they need him there. They don't wait for trials between GPS, CAS etc to start watching the boys either: they'd cover as many schools trial games as they can. I bet there was one at Hunters Hill today for example.

But, like me, they will be interested in the GPS experiment to see how Robertson goes at THP.

Usually coaches like a fellow as mobile as Robertson to play on the LH side because they have only one arm in the scrum and can get away from it quicker than a THP can, and therefore have an influence on play sooner. But if their greater need is a THP to steady the scrummage and that mobile fellow is the best around they could give him the 3 jersey.

With trials how they are I don't doubt that Piggy will appear on the GPS LH side sometimes.

Bill McLean (32)
... ... ... Thanks - now his omission is explained.

Is there any talk around Scots about Stewart's injury?

LG,

I dont have to much knowledge of the NSW schools process as it pertains to NSW selection; what is there position with respect to a lad being unavailable to trial as a result of misfortune (as in Moeroa's case)?

I am also bearing in mind your above mentioned post with regard to selectors being out and about prior to the trials.

My experience with other associations (i.e. club rugby and league for that matter) is that selectors generally have a squad of players already pencilled in prior to final selections.

Surely it would have to be the same here? In saying this I am always mindful that the coaching staff always tends to determine the flavour of the team!

Bill McLean (32)
Stewart has ligament damage to his ankle which will see him miss the upcoming matches

Poor b@rstard! I'm hoping dispensation exists, however with the abundance of talented NSW centres currently in existence he would have to be a slim chance of maintaining his Australian spot! And let's not forget the Queenslanders, in particular Jack Tuttle!

I suppose Stewart can take solace from the fact that he played in a ''Trans Tasman Trophy' winning Australian team last year! I believe he also scored a 'meat pie' in the game as well!

S

Sydneybra

What about Josh Schwager from Joeys?? He was one of the only 16 year olds playing 1sts and was a stand out in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.