• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
1.Vuni Fifita(2XV)
2.Campbell Shearer(2XV)
3.George Prassas(2XV)
4.Anthony Vasilis(2XV)
5.Lachlan Cannell(1XV)
6.Tim lee(2XV)
7.David Morris(1XV)
8.Tom Meaney(2XV)
9.Joey Lussick(1XV)
10.Ellis Abrahams(1XV)
11.Simon Kennwell(NEW BOY)
12.Tepai Meoroa(1XV)
13.Taane Milne(1XV)
14.Latu Latuinpulu(NEW BOY)/Sepesa(15'a's)
15.Josh Mitchell(2XV)

Backs for new will be stronger than the forwards this year but will be well coached enough to be around the top from Brad Gill

Another good side - just wonder whether their forwards can deliver the dominance last year's did. If they can't the best backline in the comp won't get the opportunities they did in 2012.

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
1. Jack Bowditch (1st/2nds)
2. Hosea Fotokuva/Evan Pritchard (1st/2nds)
3. Nathan Kelly (1sts)
4. Beau Petersen (16as)
5. Nick Meagher (3rds)/Dan Kilpatrick (16as)
6. Lincoln Whiteley (2nds)/Tom Spill (3rds)
7. Conor Menzies (2nds)
8. Ben Hunt (1sts)
9. Mike Kennedy (1sts)
10. ?
11. Sam Mete (1st/2nds)
12. Tom Molloy (1st/2nds)
13. Henry Hutchinson (15as)
14. ?
15. Bill Freeman (1sts)

Some great talent here as well. I think that experience will count against them in 2013. Like Shore expect big things from them in 2014.

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
SJC
1. Teirney Glasson (16as)
2. Chris Goldie (3rds)
3. Matt Sandell (C) (1sts)
4. Paddy O'Brien (1sts)
5. Jono Hardy (2nds)
6. Max Knight (16as)/Josh Canturi (16as)
7. Nic Penisi (2nds)
8. Ned Hanigan (2nds)
9. Tevita Macksini (2nds)/ Pat Curtain (1sts)
10. Andrew Deegan (1sts)/Connor O'Shea (2nds)
11. Tim McCutcheon (16as)
12. Andrew Deegan/Willo Mcdonell/Cam Duffy/Curtis Bennent/Pat Curtain/Jakub Gluzenko (1sts/16as/16as/4ths/1sts/injured)
13. Angus McGrath (2nds)
14. Latrel Robinson (16as)
15. Paddy Vaughan (2nds)

Quite a diiferent team to the firsts of last year. Most notably the loss of a number of key forwards. Expect to see a large front row, as the SJC team seek to fight fire with fire. A number of changes in the backline; in the past few years Joeys have lacked a number 10 with a strong kicking game, whilst O'Shea does not possess the kicking game of Dan Carter, it is a certain improvement from Deegan's. I expect quite an inexperienced team, similar to that of 2011. Matt Sandell to lead from the front.​

Like this side a lot probably the best balanced Joeys side for a number of years. In 2012 we had a great set of forwards but were a bit light in the backs. 2013 looks much better. I expect big things from Tierney Glasson up front. He has big boots to fill with Piggy Robertson gone but could prove to be a big foil to Matt Sandell. Chris Goldie is a much better player than he's shown to date as is Nic Penisi. Much prefer to see Jono Hardy playing at lock than the front row and Ned Hanigan and Paddy O'Brien will will bring some great experience from last year. Backs are looking just as good with a bit more speed than last year although Josh Wilde will be missed. I wouldn't mind seeing Latrel playing 13 as he has some freakish skills. Macksini/Curtain/Deegan provide plenty of class options in the halves - just wondering if Deegan could play 12 to accommodate them all?

footychixbeers

Stan Wickham (3)
Talking to a few boys it seems that the team will be very young and developing for 2014 as that year group hasnt lost together since year 5. I can put a few names out there:
1. Jack Bowditch (Year 11)
2. Hosea Fotokuva (Year 11)
3. ?
4. Beau Peterson (Year 11)
5. Nick Foster (Year 11)
6. Dan Kilpatrick (Year 11)
7. Conor Menzies (Year 11)
8. Ben Hunt (Year 12)
9. ?
10. Jack McGregor (Year 10)
11. ?
12. ?
13. Henry Hutchinson (Year 11)
14. Will Dutalis (Year 11)
15. Bill Freeman (Year 11)

If Alex Jalloh plays then hell be in the team for sure, maybe at 12 ?

Are you drunk?
For starters, Nick Foster doesn't even play rugby, let alone 2nd row. Dutallis was in the 16B's at the end of the year last year, and will be lucky to make the 3rds. Bowditch doesn't even play prop, and maybe the other one your looking for could be Nathan Kelly (GPS representative, combined states player). Inside centre Tom Molloy? (1sts, NGS) You should know, after all, you are in his year. Please be realistic here moite.

Rational Team:

1. Nathan Kelly (1sts)
2. Evan Pritchard (2nds)
3. Hosea Fotukava (1sts)
4. Beau Pederson (16As)
5. Jack Bowditch (2nds)
6. Lincoln Whiteley (2nds)
7. Conor Menzies (2nds)
8. Ben Hunt (1sts)
9. Mike Kennedy (1sts)
10. Jack McGreggor (15As)
11. Sam Mete (1sts)
12. Tom Molloy (1sts)
13. Henry Hutchison (15As)
14. Charlie McKay (2nds)
15. Bill Freeman (1sts)

Some to others to look out for:
Jim Lance, Sam McCaffrey, Conor Hurley, Mitch Butler,
Jack Hayson, Tom Spill, Alex Barker

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes there's plenty of talent to choose from plus Greg Mumm taking on the coaching role. Potential lineup based on last year's teams is below.

1. Nick Brown (2nds/3rds) or James King (16As)
2. Jono Burke (1sts)
3. Luc Bateman (1sts/2nds)
4. Ben Stacy (2nds)
5. Jamie Greentree (2nds) or Rob Black (2nds) or George Lehman (16As)
6. Rob Black (2nds) or Sam Connor (2nds) or Hugh Taylor (16As)
7. Jack McCalman (1sts) (c)
8. David Ballantyne (16As)
9. Rory Davis (2nds)
10. Corey Tulloch (1sts)
11. Tom Bucknell (2nds)
12. Charlie Friend (2nds)
13. Will Davies (1sts)
14. John Robertson (2nds)
15. James Kane (16As)

There'll no doubt be a few changes as players reaching physical maturity emerge and the hard pre-season work from others pays dividends for them.

Next to Newington they probably have the most experienced team. As pointed out in an earlier post their 2nds were the gun side last year falling at the second last hurdle to a our gutsy Joeys 2nds side which came from behind to clinch the premiership at North Parramatta. I don't know about their depth and it will be interesting to see how injuries affect them as they seemed to have a big impact last year. On paper this team has a lot of class though as McCalman, Davis, Tulloch, Ballantyne and Davies are all in the NGS and Bateman, Burke and Kane are in the JGS. Next to Matt Sandell, Bateman is my favourite young front rower because of all the work he gets through in a game and he is probably the fittest of the GPS props running around. McCalman is just pure class and Ballantyne has big wraps on him for a young player. Davis and Tulloch also provide class in the halves but they may not have the talent that Newington has out wide.

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
2013 Premiers:

Best forwards:

1. Joeys
2. Kings
3. Shore
4. Newington
5. Scots
6. Riverview

Best Backs

1. Newington
2. Kings
3. Joeys
4. Shore
5. Riverview
6. Scots

Result:
1. Joeys
2. Newington or Kings
4. Shore
5/6. Scots/Riverview

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
2013 Premiers:

Best forwards:

1. Joeys
2. Kings
3. Shore
4. Newington
5. Scots
6. Riverview

Best Backs

1. Newington
2. Kings
3. Joeys
4. Shore
5. Riverview
6. Scots

Result:
1. Joeys
2. Newington or Kings
4. Shore
5/6. Scots/Riverview

You've given a commentary on all teams except Scots. Potential team is below:

1. Tom Cleaver
2. Marley Crossley
3. Aiden Brown
4. Toby Rudolph
5. Matt Boustred or Will Ridley
6. Hamish Murray or Hamish Dunbar
7. Olly Kamp
8. Angus Crichton
9. Mitch Short
10. Ben Starkey
11. Sam Tabuatamata
12. Max Champion
13. Simon Johnston
14. Guy Porter
15. Andrew Kellaway

I suggest that their forwards are the equal of Joeys, Kings & Shore and there is still plenty of talent in the backs. They certainly should rank higher than you have proposed.

jacksbar1960

Frank Row (1)
SJC 1ST XV
1.Jono Hardy
2.Tierney Glasson
3.Matt Sandell [c]
4.Lindon Deans
5. Ned Hanigan
6. Nic Pennisi
7.Sam Pay
8.Paddy Obrien
9.Tevita Macksini
10.Andrew Deegan
11.Tim McCutcheon
12.Pat Curtin
13.Angus McGrath
14.Latrell Robinson
15.Mason Cohen

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Like this side a lot probably the best balanced Joeys side for a number of years. In 2012 we had a great set of forwards but were a bit light in the backs. 2013 looks much better. I expect big things from Tierney Glasson up front. He has big boots to fill with Piggy Robertson gone but could prove to be a big foil to Matt Sandell. Chris Goldie is a much better player than he's shown to date as is Nic Penisi. Much prefer to see Jono Hardy playing at lock than the front row and Ned Hanigan and Paddy O'Brien will will bring some great experience from last year. Backs are looking just as good with a bit more speed than last year although Josh Wilde will be missed. I wouldn't mind seeing Latrel playing 13 as he has some freakish skills. Macksini/Curtain/Deegan provide plenty of class options in the halves - just wondering if Deegan could play 12 to accommodate them all?
After what I saw of him last year, I think Gus McGrath will be at 15

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)

1. Tom Cleaver
2. Marley Crossley
3. Aiden Brown
4. Toby Rudolph
7. Olly Kamp
8. Angus Crichton
9. Mitch Short
10. Ben Starkey
11. Sam Tabuatamata
12. Max Champion
13. Simon Johnston
14. Guy Porter
15. Andrew Kellaway

I suggest that their forwards are the equal of Joeys, Kings & Shore and there is still plenty of talent in the backs. They certainly should rank higher than you have proposed.
Only one minor issue here and it lay at 1, 2 and 3. If these young men can't hold, it doesn't matter a rats backside about the rest. Have they been on a heavy weights/scrummaging program because they are up against some absolute giants. I wish them the best

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
2013 Premiers:

Best forwards:

1. Joeys
2. Kings
3. Shore
4. Newington
5. Scots
6. Riverview

Best Backs

1. Newington
2. Kings
3. Joeys
4. Shore
5. Riverview
6. Scots

Result:
1. Joeys
2. Newington or Kings
4. Shore
5/6. Scots/Riverview

I think these ratings are very harsh on the riverview side coming up. the forward pack are one of the strongest and fastest i have seen go through the school. It should read something like this:
1. Nathan Kelly
2. Hosea Fotukava
3. Evan Pritchard
4. Jack Bowditch
5. Beau Peterson/Nick Meagher
6. Lincoln Whitely
7. Conor Menzies
8. Ben Hunt

I think the speed in this pack is unmatchable. And whilst there size might not match some of the other schools they are definitely strong enough and skilful enough.

The backline aswell are not to be discounted. With skilful players across every position.
9. Mike Kennedy
10. Jack Mcgregor/Jim Lance
11. Sam Mete
12. Tom Molloy
13. Charlie Mckay
14. Henry Hutchison
15. Bill Freeman/Ben Condon
This backline also is very young but also has a lot of speed and power. Once again might not be the biggest ever gone through View but most certainly the fastest.

biggameplayer

Stan Wickham (3)
SJC 1ST XV
1.Jono Hardy
2.Tierney Glasson
3.Matt Sandell [c]
4.Lindon Deans
5. Ned Hanigan
6. Nic Pennisi
7.Sam Pay
8.Paddy Obrien
9.Tevita Macksini
10.Andrew Deegan
11.Tim McCutcheon
12.Pat Curtin
13.Angus McGrath
14.Latrell Robinson
15.Mason Cohen

its going to be a long season for the joe boys if thats the eventual team. To say that Sam Pay will play 7 is laughable, I would rate Max Knight as a much better prospect. Pat Curtin will not play 12, I would much prefer see someone who can actually play in the centres. Whilst 12 is not as difficult to play as 13 in defence, to think that a person who has played the majority of their life at half back makes the switch to the centres to play in the 1st XV is quite disconcerting. Pat Vaughan would be a much better alternative to Mason Cohen and i could also see canturi making an appearance in the triple bar.

biggameplayer

Stan Wickham (3)
its going to be a long season for the joe boys if thats the eventual team. To say that Sam Pay will play 7 is laughable, I would rate Max Knight as a much better prospect. Pat Curtin will not play 12, I would much prefer see someone who can actually play in the centres. Whilst 12 is not as difficult to play as 13 in defence, to think that a person who has played the majority of their life at half back makes the switch to the centres to play in the 1st XV is quite disconcerting. Pat Vaughan would be a much better alternative to Mason Cohen and i could also see canturi making an appearance in the triple bar.

just to build on my reply, if you were going to play Pat Curtin at 12, not only is joeys lacking a quality general play kicker at 10 but also at 12. One of the biggest weaknesses of the SJC teams of the past few years has been their inability to kick in general play, which is why i would advocate play O'Shea at 10, Deegan to 12. Then all deegan has to worry about is defending...

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)

1. Tom Cleaver
2. Marley Crossley
3. Aiden Brown
4. Toby Rudolph
7. Olly Kamp
8. Angus Crichton
9. Mitch Short
10. Ben Starkey
11. Sam Tabuatamata
12. Max Champion
13. Simon Johnston
14. Guy Porter
15. Andrew Kellaway

I tend to agree with Brian Westlake about your front row - there's no Sandell, Bateman, Kelly or Fifita there or for that matter Bowditch if Riverview play him up front. Angus Crichton is an outstanding young player and Oli Kamp will give him plenty of physical support. Dunbar and Murray are also very busy players and Toby Rudolph went well last year. So yes it's not a bad set of forwards. Kellaway and Starkey are the big sparks in the backs but there won't be any Horwitz or Stewart to take advantage of it.

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
I think these ratings are very harsh on the riverview side coming up. the forward pack are one of the strongest and fastest i have seen go through the school. It should read something like this:
1. Nathan Kelly
2. Hosea Fotukava
3. Evan Pritchard
4. Jack Bowditch
5. Beau Peterson/Nick Meagher
6. Lincoln Whitely
7. Conor Menzies
8. Ben Hunt

I think the speed in this pack is unmatchable. And whilst there size might not match some of the other schools they are definitely strong enough and skilful enough.

The backline aswell are not to be discounted. With skilful players across every position.
9. Mike Kennedy
10. Jack Mcgregor/Jim Lance
11. Sam Mete
12. Tom Molloy
13. Charlie Mckay
14. Henry Hutchison
15. Bill Freeman/Ben Condon
This backline also is very young but also has a lot of speed and power. Once again might not be the biggest ever gone through View but most certainly the fastest.

I don't think that you have the speed that you think in these forwards. Joeys will be quick around the park although looking at CTPE's King's side their forwards are likely to be the most mobile. I do however like the potential talent in this Riverview side - a young but very good set of forwards and some very capable backs. Very much potential premiers in 2014 and 2015 provided they take it all in this year.

Warwick

Peter Burge (5)
Another good side - just wonder whether their forwards can deliver the dominance last year's did. If they can't the best backline in the comp won't get the opportunities they did in 2012.

Latu the new boy to the school is he the brother of Apo and Alan.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Tah's full squad training at Newington today! A great treat for the boys to see the skills and drills at their school today!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Admirable and all it might be to see the Tahs at Stanmore, but will that exercise encourage one more young lad to take up rugby? I suspect they were preaching to the Newington converted.

How 'bout the Tahs turn up for a training session at Nepean Rugby Park? Or somewhere in Campbelltown?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Admirable and all it might be to see the Tahs at Stanmore, but will that exercise encourage one more young lad to take up rugby? I suspect they were preaching to the Newington converted.

How 'bout the Tahs turn up for a training session at Nepean Rugby Park? Or somewhere in Campbelltown?
Thats enough of that sort of talk

Status
Not open for further replies.