• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentucky

Bob McCowan (2)
Strong GPS representation in NSW schoolboys

Firsts (14/23)
1. Matthew Sandell (SJC)
2. Hosea Fotukava (SIC)
4. Lachlan Cannel (NC)
6. Angus Crichton (TSC)
7. Jack McCalman (TKS)
9. Mitchell Short (SHORE)
10. Andrew Deegan (SJC)
12. Tepai Moeroa (NC)
13. Taane Milne (NC)
15. Andrew Kellaway (TSC)
Reserves:
17. Matt Serhon (NC)
18. Will Ridley (TSC)
21. Michael Kennedy (SIC)
22. Corey Tulloch (TKS)

Seconds (13/23)
1. Mesui Tufui (NC)
3. Vunipola Fifita (NC)
4. Anthony Vasilis (NC)
5. Ned Hanigan (SJC)
6. David Morris (NC)
9. Joey Lussick (NC)
10. Jack Clancy (SHORE)
12. Will Davis (TKS)
13. Henry Hutchinson (SIC)
14. Josh Mitchell (NC)
15. Nick Clancy (SHORE)
Reserves:
16. Nathan Kelly (SIC)
17. Jamaine Crossley (TSC)

Fact - There are more GPS schools represented in the NSW schoolboy First XV (6) than the GPS First XV (4), some players in these teams coming from GPS third XV

Reminder - Although this is a point of interest, remember that there are dedicated forums to the nsw schools rugby and upcoming national championships

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I reached the giddy heights of the Sixth XV (when there was no soccer) after a year with the 11/10 men (anyone remember Ward "Pally" Austin on 2SM?) but my inconsiderate son thought nothing of embarrassing me by playing in the Fourth XV.

Blame it on two teams' worth of wannabe soccer players above you being stuck to playing rugger in your heyday!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
IMHO if you are on a scholarship then you are receiving "payment in kind" for your attendance and services. If you don't believe nor accept this then pay your own way and don't whinge about "school not releasing" etc.
and further to these sentiments . . . if you are not grateful to the school for giving you a great education "on the house" then I suggest you should just "pack up your toys and go home".

Conversely when you are paying full freight, and parents exercise their rights to free association outside of school hours, some schools have been known to reward participation in a Sunday game of Rugby with a promotion to the 4th XV. Obviously to ensure that you are fresh for your Under 17's grand final.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
If my memory serves me correctly, he was dropped completely from the school rugby program and stripped of all honours and colours in rowing, rugby and athletics. All for showing loyalty to a team, coaches and his club.

Lomu - if it's the young man that I think you and HJ are referring to then surely he has delivered an "up yours" moment with his selection in NSW 1's! His previous experience shows that some people "can't see the wood for the trees!". I'm sure he is appreciated at his new school and good on him!

Cheers, Wreckless :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How is the issue of H Jones, 2012 Newport Club U17 Grand Final and 2012 The Kings School Rugby programme a topic for the Scholarship thread.

What thread is relevant to discuss about the relationship between GPS Schools and the Juniors?

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Lomu - if it's the young man that I think you and HJ are referring to then surely he has delivered an "up yours" moment with his selection in NSW 1's! His previous experience shows that some people "can't see the wood for the trees!". I'm sure he is appreciated at his new school and good on him!

Cheers, Wreckless :)
This is the essence of school scholarships as discussed in the scholarship thread. The essence being, are they "on contract" and have a "employer/employee" or a "contractor" relationship.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Was he on a scholarship? I'm pretty sure that a rather outspoken opponent of scholarships has confirmed that the Jones family was paying full fees for their boy at Kings.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Was he on a scholarship? I'm pretty sure that a rather outspoken opponent of scholarships has confirmed that the Jones family was paying full fees for their boy at Kings.

That is also my understanding. Nothing to do with scholarships - everything to do with loyalty and integrity!

Status
Not open for further replies.