• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primetime

Allen Oxlade (6)
With all the recent liquid sunshine, will the View Ovals stand up to a week of footy, and then be OK after another 2 weeks recovery for GPS games?

With the natural basin-like feature of the land, I think not.

On the positive side of things, the western bank of the field will be slippery enough to provide a spectacle for all attending; undoubtedly a few spectators will take a tumble.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
The relocated No1 on to the eastern side of Views Field One was in outstanding condition today providing at least 80% of the pitch in a 'firm' condition. I can only assume that given 3 weeks of sunshine the groundsmen will relocate the pitch to the western side ready for the 3rd round of GPS.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
The relocated No1 on to the eastern side of Views Field One was in outstanding condition today providing at least 80% of the pitch in a 'firm' condition. I can only assume that given 3 weeks of sunshine the groundsmen will relocate the pitch to the western side ready for the 3rd round of GPS.
George the Eastern side is generally Views soccer pitch. I hear the " round ballers" have really got their noses out of joint because the rugby boys are ensuring their field is in great shape for when the gps comp kicks off again. Great initiative Riverview.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Views next home game is Round 4 on 27-July v Shore. That means the ground staff have 3 full weeks to get the No1 ready (and run a cursory roller over No2)!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
All Thursday games are definately at View despite what is on ARU Web sites.

Sydney Juniors v Country , Politicians vs King Penguins and Classic Wobs vs B&I Legends only.

Team lists on the Classic Wallabies thread.

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)

Sydney Juniors v Country , Politicians vs King Penguins and Classic Wobs vs B&I Legends only.

Hugh, So the NSW 11s are still on at 3pm and the NSW 1s is on at 6.15 pm. Both at Riverview ??

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)

Does anyone know what age group Sydney Juniors are playing Country Juniors?

DYEL

Bob McCowan (2)
Well there is only one Under 17 s team, so perhaps a preview of what's ahead in August. My cash is on Sydney by lots..

Agree with you entirely here Mum,
Having seen the progression of the NSW country team from u14's to what it is now, it is a damn sight worse now than it was 3 years ago.
Seems as though many boys have shifted towards Sydney Independent Schooling with the hopes of furthering their rugby. Much of the cream from the Country 17's age group left in the last 2 years, with the GPS gaining players such as Callum Styles (Scots), Kurtis Crisante (View), Jono Burke (Kings) and players such as John Walker heading to the ISA (Augustines). (obviously more have changed)

That being said, as far as I know, team lists here: http://juniors.rugby.com.au/Representative.aspx indicate that Sydney Juniors may not be as strong as previous years either? correct me if wrong, but i believe this is due to a strong presence of GPS u17's boys in NSW teams?

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Agree with you entirely here Mum,
Having seen the progression of the NSW country team from u14's to what it is now, it is a damn sight worse now than it was 3 years ago.
Seems as though many boys have shifted towards Sydney Independent Schooling with the hopes of furthering their rugby. Much of the cream from the Country 17's age group left in the last 2 years, with the GPS gaining players such as Callum Styles (Scots), Kurtis Crisante (View), Jono Burke (Kings) and players such as John Walker heading to the ISA (Augustines). (obviously more have changed)

That being said, as far as I know, team lists here: http://juniors.rugby.com.au/Representative.aspx indicate that Sydney Juniors may not be as strong as previous years either? correct me if wrong, but i believe this is due to a strong presence of GPS u17's boys in NSW teams?
It's actually Central Coast 18 s v Sydney Juniors..not Country team but more a Zone.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
No there is a Country 17 s however I doubt that they would allow anyone to preview their skills before the annual City flogs Country, I mean versus...they are heading to Melbourne next week for some games against Victoria.
The Central Coast side playing tonight won the country Champs and is an U18 s side. Some of these players were selected in the country 18 s side, although not sure if the country players would be available to play.
A u 18 s zone team acting and u 17 s zone team, so would not be surprised to hear the Coast boys clock up a win. One missing I assume would be Francis Brown as he is currently playing NSW 2 at Riverview this week.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
No there is a Country 17 s however I doubt that they would allow anyone to preview their skills before the annual City flogs Country, I mean versus.they are heading to Melbourne next week for some games against Victoria.
The Central Coast side playing tonight won the country Champs and is an U18 s side. Some of these players were selected in the country 18 s side, although not sure if the country players would be available to play.
A u 18 s zone team acting and u 17 s zone team, so would not be surprised to hear the Coast boys clock up a win. One missing I assume would be Francis Brown as he is currently playing NSW 2 at Riverview this week.

Ta RM - you are eminently well informed and a font for information for dullards such as Wreckless!!!! :)

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Ta RM - you are eminently well informed and a font for information for dullards such as Wreckless!!!! :)
As junior RM played for the current Country boys since the 14 s, we were interested in going to watch. Upon arrival seeing the familiar CC jersey realised the Central Coast were playing Sydney. Money still one Sydney Juniors for City v Country as many players have moved onto to greener pastures. Including my Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom