• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
Don't know how he has gone today but full back isn't his go he is a better fly half. His only problem is defence he falls away too easily and doesn't aim up strongly enough one on one. Hope he blitzes it though. The other player I would love to see at the end of an opens backline is Dylan grant he is a hell of a try scorer just always finds open spaces and the line and real speed

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
excellent Quick Hands but I suspect that the contributors to Wikipedia have inadvertently taken convenient versions rather than looking at the archives available. There is conjecture that Newington College actually started in 1880 with the first students taken from the ‘Wesleyan Collegiate Institution'. The intent of the Wesleyan Collegiate Institution being what is important when they started their school. The name Newington was taken from the building/house name that the Wesleyan Collegiate Institution occupied. [please remember like most of history many of the 'facts' are open to interpretation, i have used research and publications from 1950-60s rather than the more convenient history written in this century].

Well Newington considers itself started in 1863 otherwise they would not be celebrating their 150th birthday this year

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Whats really scary is that Scots did that easily........ Shore have been unlucky this season with a few narrow losses I do hope they pick up a win before the season is done.....

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Shore have been unlucky and had a few injuries today, but they were completely outclassed today. If Scots hadn't switched off and subbed a few of their "stars" Shore may have had a ton scored against them.

The boys from Scots can only play what's in front of them. It's time people stop bleating about the poor opposition (this is the first 1st's team to go through the school from U13's under Marcus Blackburn and it shows) and acknowledge they are a very good rugby team.

Greg Robinson

Bob McCowan (2)
I think the two round competition is hurting shore big time as they dont have the depth of the other schools to match up in 1st grade with their injury toll.

This was also the case last year with grammar when they had reasonable games against newington (rd.1: 52-0) and shore (rd.3: 36-7) but fell away big time towards the end of their season.

Will this two round comp system force shore out of the 1st grade competition like grammar in the coming years?

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Shore have been unlucky and had a few injuries today, but they were completely outclassed today. If Scots hadn't switched off and subbed a few of their "stars" Shore may have had a ton scored against them.

The boys from Scots can only play what's in front of them. It's time people stop bleating about the poor opposition (this is the first 1st's team to go through the school from U13's under Marcus Blackburn and it shows) and acknowledge they are a very good rugby team.
Agreed .......what Marcus Blackburn is doing is a ground up approach to rugby at scots, right from the year 3 at the prep where we have more than 6 teams, to the first 15, its a totally professional approach and Scots are going to be serious contenders every year....... This scots side is very special and a sign of things to come........

B

Br Henry

Agreed ...what Marcus Blackburn is doing is a ground up approach to rugby at scots, right from the year 3 at the prep where we have more than 6 teams, to the first 15, its a totally professional approach and Scots are going to be serious contenders every year... This scots side is very special and a sign of things to come....

I point out that while the Scotts 1st Xv are indeed a very special team who are well coached, the results throughout the school do not support your opinion. When scotts plays joeys in 20 games, the joeys boys won 17 to scotts 3. The 1st XV, 13A and 14G's won while many of the remaining teams were inflicted with heavy defeats. When you have over 70% of your school teams winning games each week then the whole school success will be credible. Till then I am afaid the lads at bellevue continue to focus solely on the pointy end of the school.s program while the "also rans" are relegated to obscurity.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
That score line leaves me very flat. I know that Shore are bedeviled with injuries and truly hope that they can pick themselves up for the remainder of the season.
Hard to pick yourself up from a score like that when you're winless and 3 games left. I think it's a sign of things to come. I don't think they have a dominant team in any of the age groups. We've unfortunately seen this scenario twice before (High then Grammar). I hope it doesn't occur with Shore.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
I point out that while the Scotts 1st Xv are indeed a very special team who are well coached, the results throughout the school do not support your opinion. When scotts plays joeys in 20 games, the joeys boys won 17 to scotts 3. The 1st XV, 13A and 14G's won while many of the remaining teams were inflicted with heavy defeats. When you have over 70% of your school teams winning games each week then the whole school success will be credible. Till then I am afaid the lads at bellevue continue to focus solely on the pointy end of the school.s program while the "also rans" are relegated to obscurity.

I acknowledge that Joeys are the benchmark in GPS rugby and probably in Australian schoolboy rugby, but unless you have a boy currently at Scots, don't bother commenting on the rugby programme at Scots.

Buster

Chris McKivat (8)

Br, not sure i agree with this. While Joeys won a number of games against Scots, plenty of them were extremely close. Go back to my era, and one win in the day was a great result, and most losses were heavy. Scots have come a seriously long way under their current coaching system. Keep in mind the Scots boys lose out in the U15 & U14 age groups through glengarry, when the other schools play full strength right through, which will no doubt affect the 70% win ratios. Scots should be looking at the U13's, U16's and Opens as their benchmark, and they have been extremely competitive in all of those mentioned age groups, yes Joeys won, but the games were close and competitive.

Well done to the Scots boys today, a massive blow out, but some tremendous backline play. The two wingers had a field day as did the centers. Next week could be blinder at lane cover! Can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.