• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
. How many schools now have less rugby teams than soccer teams?

Nearly all - if not all. Even SJC, i think.
They need to think very seriously about dividing the kids on weight and from the beginning so that mums never have the sinking feeling when they turn up to the ground - I think they need ARU sanction on this because it might involve some kids having to play up more than 2 years - or whatever it is.
IIRC schools like 'View used to just number their side from the top - opens was presumably just that and then you have 12 Stone Div 1, 2 etc.

Short Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)
They need to think very seriously about dividing the kids on weight and from the beginning so that mums never have the sinking feeling when they turn up to the ground - I think they need ARU sanction on this because it might involve some kids having to play up more than 2 years - or whatever it is.
IIRC schools like 'View used to just number their side from the top - opens was presumably just that and then you have 12 Stone Div 1, 2 etc.

SJC is a long way off having more soccer teams than rugby, Riverview and Shore both have more in rugby but the gap is closing, Scots I think are about even and Newington and Kings both have far more in soccer.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
SJC is a long way off having more soccer teams than rugby, Riverview and Shore both have more in rugby but the gap is closing, Scots I think are about even and Newington and Kings both have far more in soccer.

In some age groups? An SJC parent told me in his age group which is now Year 12 just assumed it was the same rot that had set in nearly everywhere else.

Short Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)
In some age groups? An SJC parent told me in his age group which is now Year 12 just assumed it was the same rot that had set in nearly everywhere else.

According to the SJC fixtures for yesterday, there were 12 opens rugby teams and 6 opens football teams. So a sizeable amount for SJC, but rugby isn't going anywhere fast.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)

Scots have 9 teams a piece for Rugby and Soccer.
But given 15 boys in rugby teams and 11 in soccer teams a lot more boys still playing rugby.

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
And that is sad
This will interest some. I hope the picture is readable. No one uses the current rules because they are so complicated.

001cd3dc5caf339f7010ab2f84723465.jpg

37173bd38d1c699228e3136042b6dafe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRightHandMan

Frank Row (1)
Upon spectating the View vs Joeys game, The decision to have two Yr10 in the View backline (inclusion of A.Bell at 15) was a gamble that did not pay off. Calm, collected and safe composure lacked at the back for view with ball in hand and defence. In which Joeys took rightful advantage over with all tries scored by (13,11,14) and assisted by (15) on 3 occasions.

tjp#9

Frank Row (1)
Have my doubts unless there is a culture change starting with the new headmaster. Grammar might have talent at u12 but they either move to other schools, quit rugby or battle on with a poor rugby structure and get beaten by other schools who pick up their act in senior years

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Reading your comments about the structure of Grammar's rugby programme I have no doubt in saying that you clearly never attended the school.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
@Huly, High are being flogged by everyone in the thirds comp.

I havent watched a game so I dont know any of them.'

But if there was 1 stadnout player then I would suspect someone on this forum would know about him. The blue team is already full of of very special talent some of whom will be so dissapointed not to get higher honors, (Lawson, Lombardi, Rixon, Edwards, Gregory to name a few)

name your High Players you think are deserving, but I dont think there is any room for them.
High, being a "High" School go through the CHS system now so have a pathway to further selection in higher honours if good enough In my day, they played CHS on Wednesday and GPS on Saturday and were competitive in both. They had a healthy representation (as. Did Grammar) in an 8 (9) team GPS competition but times have changed. I think it would be hard to pick a player from GPS thirds Comp over one from GPS firsts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deezebola

Frank Nicholson (4)

The fact he was;t picked is a joke, if not at fullback he would have to be picked on the wing. turned down NSW u18 league team and U20 doggies for the newington and Gps. he is by far the better player and is trying to carry the newington backline with Tyrone and Kunzele while also being marked heavily

Status
Not open for further replies.