• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPS Observer

Herbert Moran (7)
For the future....in the 2016 CIS Primary School rugby rep team are 3 Grammar boys (next best GPS representation is Scots with 2)

GPS Observer

Herbert Moran (7)
Not surprising. Grammar Edgecliff play the top team from every school in Under 12's.

Well its a great development and one many will hope isn't a one-off.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Grammar looking good in 2016. Love to see them back in a higher grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have my doubts unless there is a culture change starting with the new headmaster. Grammar might have talent at u12 but they either move to other schools, quit rugby or battle on with a poor rugby structure and get beaten by other schools who pick up their act in senior years

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
eating my humble pie . re Kings over Newington

I am tipping Kings now to win the comp

Scots , a bit lucky is what I heard . they will need to play better if they are a title hope . however Shore is a quality team . a win for Shore will surely be coming soon

either way this years GPS comp is outstanding . and don't agree with whoever thought this years standard is down on previous years

GPS will put together an excellent rep team
Shame that Shore didn't get up

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
Just by the by, the View 6, Charlie Rorke is also in year 11. But there is no shame in being outplayed by him - he's a freak who has outplayed pretty much every GPS back rower this season.

He is very good and well positioned for next year then. K will be better at Parra for the return game. K still need to play scots and joeys away - this comp is still wide open

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Have my doubts unless there is a culture change starting with the new headmaster. Grammar might have talent at u12 but they either move to other schools, quit rugby or battle on with a poor rugby structure and get beaten by other schools who pick up their act in senior years

There is nothing wrong with the "rugby structure". Lachlan Fear has very good structure through the school, including the prep schools.
boys with no family rugby culture go to the school camps and drink from the cup emerging with ability they never revealed before.
The problem is mothers: they tell me how much their son wants to play rugby because of the spirit and enjoyment the rugby boys have by comparison with soccer. But the mothers are worried about injuries and won't let them play.

The Chiropractor

Frank Row (1)
Bit easier to read I thought.
Let me know if any mistakes.
cadc2d9bc05a09038a8531aa0f243b68.jpg

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
There is nothing wrong with the "rugby structure". Lachlan Fear has very good structure through the school, including the prep schools.
boys with no family rugby culture go to the school camps and drink from the cup emerging with ability they never revealed before.
The problem is mothers: they tell me how much their son wants to play rugby because of the spirit and enjoyment the rugby boys have by comparison with soccer. But the mothers are worried about injuries and won't let them play.

Agree that lach fear is doing some good work with limited resources.

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The problem is mothers: they tell me how much their son wants to play rugby because of the spirit and enjoyment the rugby boys have by comparison with soccer. But the mothers are worried about injuries and won't let them play.[/quote]

You'd have to say this is a problem that is Sydney wide to varying degrees. It's one of the reasons numbers are dropping across the board. How many schools now have less rugby teams than soccer teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.