• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby U/16 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HarveyColon

why is there talk of some year 10 kid replacing the incumbent australian schools 5/8 Horwitz?
that doesn't seem likely.......although weird things happen

Keen observer

Bob McCowan (2)
Scots vs Waverly
Huge preseason fixture for The Scots College. The annual match has proven to be a thrill in the past as it exposes the classy running rugby of Sydney Schoolboys. The conflict also illuminates the large (and growing) gap between the GPS' and CAS' quality of rugby. The Scots College 1st XV, 2nd XV and 16A's will be looking to practice their strategies, entertain the masses and re-enforce their current dominance over the obvious underdogs Waverly. Whilst the CAS school will be attempting to minimise the inevitable damage and take notes on the expertise of the Scots College rugby elite.
The encounter should be benefiting for both parties as one will receive a confidence booster before the season and the other will get a masterclass in schoolboy rugby and shown a example of what hard work and determination can achieve.
The local derby should be enthralling as always and should draw a sizeable crowd.

My prediction: Scots goes hard, while Waverly metaphorically bends over and cops it. 70+ - 0
At least Waverly will get a lot of kick off practice.​
BIGBLACKNEGRO
Have you checked the results for the GPS vs CAS yesterday. Scots/Waverly and Shore/Trinity.... feel free to recant your presumptions at any time!

B

Bee Dalton

I watched scots U16's demolish Waverely on friday and I must say I was impressed. Hats off to Cam Torrence and his team. The boys looked fit and strong after what looked like a tough pre season. Thier forwards were exceptional espically thier starting tight 5. I'm tipping them to do exceptionally well this season in the GPS an I believe the u16 NSW forward pack will be mostly made up of Scots players.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
rumours are that Joeys 15As five eight from last year Reegan Carr will be at Riverview this term.

B

Bee Dalton

There are a lot of fine athletes coming through the ranks at scots. I believe their u16's squad is capable of great things. Im a kiwi through and through. Came to AUS when i was just 11 and excelled in rugby programs across the country ever since so i know athletes when i see them. Even the scots front row are extremely talented athletes with Max Mansfield (a hooker coming through the ranks at scots and may get get a run in the firsts this season) is line for the high jump championship at this years GPS athletics carnival. Max has a very bright future and has been lifting some incredibly heavy weights over the pre season and he is really looking to make a representative team this year, possibly NSW u16's. Another fine front rower who is a tremendous athlete is one Chris Noon. He is looking the real deal this year both in rugby and 1500m running at the athletics carnival. Noon has suffered some injury setbacks over the past few seasons but he was a key player for Scots u15 team last season.

Steve J. Brown

Frank Row (1)
There are a lot of fine athletes coming through the ranks at scots. I believe their u16's squad is capable of great things. Im a kiwi through and through. Came to AUS when i was just 11 and excelled in rugby programs across the country ever since so i know athletes when i see them. Even the scots front row are extremely talented athletes with Max Mansfield (a hooker coming through the ranks at scots and may get get a run in the firsts this season) is line for the high jump championship at this years GPS athletics carnival. Max has a very bright future and has been lifting some incredibly heavy weights over the pre season and he is really looking to make a representative team this year, possibly NSW u16's. Another fine front rower who is a tremendous athlete is one Chris Noon. He is looking the real deal this year both in rugby and 1500m running at the athletics carnival. Noon has suffered some injury setbacks over the past few seasons but he was a key player for Scots u15 team last season.

I totally agree with you Bee, it seems as if Max Mansfield is the dark horse that everybody is starting to talk about. His exceptional speed and determination are two of his major characteristics, but evidently his primary strength is his foraging ability in the rucks. Scots seem to have the U16 GPS title in the sack.

B

Bee Dalton

I totally agree with you Bee, it seems as if Max Mansfield is the dark horse that everybody is starting to talk about. His exceptional speed and determination are two of his major characteristics, but evidently his primary strength is his foraging ability in the rucks. Scots seem to have the U16 GPS title in the sack.

Hmmm it seems that Max has been nicknamed but his fellow peers at Scots as 'Insane Usain' (Refering to Champion Sprinter Usain Bolt) based on his pure speed and strength. Just thought you might to know that so when he make those line breaks against Sydney Boys High you can yell 'Go Usain!'

Steve J. Brown

Frank Row (1)
Hmmm it seems that Max has been nicknamed but his fellow peers at Scots as 'Insane Usain' (Refering to Champion Sprinter Usain Bolt) based on his pure speed and strength. Just thought you might to know that so when he make those line breaks against Sydney Boys High you can yell 'Go Usain!'

Very clever nickname you have appointed Max, Bee. It is brilliant on how you used two words that rhyme and put them together to form such a brilliant nickname. Pure brilliance

R

R.Gazal

I heard a rumor that Sydney High have imported there whole forward pack this year and have imported a few players in the backline from queensland schools if this is true Sydney High will be a force in the GPS season

F

fernando

I heard a rumor that Sydney High have imported there whole forward pack this year and have imported a few players in the backline from queensland schools if this is true Sydney High will be a force in the GPS season
this is untrue. they will not be a force at all... high to come last

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys 16As start there season off this weekend against Oakhill. The team is missing a few big names including a superstar in the front row and another one at inside centre. Should be interesting to see how they go as they play two big games in the weeks after against Scots and Riverview. Joeys by at least 20, depending on match fitness. After that they should embarrass an over-confident Scots at home before taking on View away who could be missing a few players to opens. Looks like a big 3 weeks for the boy at Hunters Hill.

T

terminator

I've heard that on of Riverview's star players Hosea, is unfit this season and the team is unsure whether he should play thinking he will not be dedicated enough?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I've heard that on of Riverview's star players Hosea, is unfit this season and the team is unsure whether he should play thinking he will not be dedicated enough?

Completely untrue, Hosea will be playing this season and may even play opens. Ridiculous rumour as he is one of the fittest and most dedicated players at the school.

F

fernando

everyone seems to pick scots to win 16s.. it will be interesting to see what happens when they come up against joeys next weekend who has been the second best team over the years after riverview

T

terminator

I don't know why Scots are favourites they have never been that great in recent years. Yes they do have a few star players but I believe joeys will come out on top next w/e having apparently quite a strong team that are beginning to work well together. Scots have no chance.

T

terminator

To many Joe boys surprise Robert Gazel who has recently moved from Scots is struggling to find form in his new school. At the start of the season many said he was a definite for the A's but is actually struggling in the C's. Random 2 could you give us your opinion on the situation? (If you have seen him play)

F

fernando

this week has been a big loss for joeys 16s rugby after the unexpected departure of up an coming prop matthew farrugia

Status
Not open for further replies.