• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2021

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
Awesome to see Josh Kemeny from Cranbrook (2016) doing his school and CAS proud being included in the Wallabies first squad for 2020! Sydney Uni will be gutted that another one of their ring ins will be unavailable come finals in the Shute this year ;)

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Year 11 I believe, although he doesn't look like it. Mature looking kid - both appearance & the way he plays. Don't know much about where he came from, but a good pick up by Barker.

His name is Isiaya Katoa. As you may tell from my eponymous name, I do sometimes peddle in the viewership of the dark arts of rugby league. And from what I've seen in the Harold Matthews Cup he's a silky playmaker who's also not afraid to take on the line; also if my sources are correct his brother plays for the Bulldogs. Undoubtedly he's a big talent who has the potential to go through the schoolboys program.

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
His name is Isiaya Katoa. As you may tell from my eponymous name, I do sometimes peddle in the viewership of the dark arts of rugby league. And from what I've seen in the Harold Matthews Cup he's a silky playmaker who's also not afraid to take on the line; also if my sources are correct his brother plays for the Bulldogs. Undoubtedly he's a big talent who has the potential to go through the schoolboys program.

Interesting how Barker continue to pull in some more new boys who are 'coincidentally' freaks of the game. No wonder why they dominate the comp every year. I think it's time they relax on the imports so we can see the comp be much more competitive due to the fact that the weaker schools (Cranbrook, Aloys, Trinity) do really struggle most of the years simply because they do not participate in this importing nonsense.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
He was good and has a great boot, Barker defence was excellent with Oakhill having 75% of the possession in the 1st half and only managing 5 points. Barker looked good when they got the ball but everyone was a bit rusty. Oakhill was very in your face in defence and the Barker half got caught a few times. Shame we don't play St Augustine's as they seem to be the best of the ISA sides.

It can't be too far away when the CAS, GPS and ISA comps merge, tradition is a great thing but times are changing as seen with a female half back in the Barker 14a's. A throw back to when Alyssa Healy was selected at the age of 16 in late 2006 as wicket-keeper for Barker College First XI

The reality is you have to go back a lot further than the super talented Alyssa Healy to when Barker girls competed on equal terms with the boys. In 1980, (my final year) Lindsay Charlton a 5th form girl swam in the CAS swimming U16 breastroke against the boys finishing 4th I recall. In the same CAS meet Jane Francis (6th form) competed in the open diving and placed 3rd.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)

Pretty sure he's already signed up with the Panthers at the minute mate. Have watched him play Union for about 5 years against my sons team. If Rugby could keep the Penrith RSL team in the Rugby ranks it would have been a very good thing (They have been dominant, skillful, beautifully coached and always respectful to the opposition who they generally were pumping) , but as per standard most of the team are dual players and the chance of earlier financial return in an NRL contract is often irresistable. Interesting point that Penrith and Manly were undefeated heading into the Harold Matts and played each other last weekend. Isiaya not playing for Penrith but playing for Barker. Manly pumped them 44-16. That's the sort of influence that the organiser coming out of the team can have.

Baxter

Peter Burge (5)
Here's my early prediction: Barker to win the comp with figures 5-0 in a narrow 2 point win over Waverley at home. I do think the cranny lads are the underdogs this year, expecting big things but nothing higher than 3rd place. IMHO I think the boys who reside in Wahroonga, Summer Hill and Milsons point to respectively place in the latter half of the table (happy to hear different perspectives in the love of footy!)

ruckman7

Peter Burge (5)
Barker are having a run against a Gordon Colts team consisting of U/19 players this weekend.

Should be a good test for the team against one of the stronger clubs.

Anyone know any other times School teams have played a friendly against one of the Shute clubs?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Barker are having a run against a Gordon Colts team consisting of U/19 players this weekend.

Anyone know any other times School teams have played a friendly against one of the Shute clubs?

Wow that is impressive against boys who are older.
Sounds like a GREAT strategy from the coaches!
This Barker side is emerging clearly as the team to beat for all the CAS and GPS teams this year.
Ruckman, keep us posted!

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
No need to go overboard with the hyperbowl.
Colts have been around since 1970 and many many games have been played between schools and Colts.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
No need to go overboard with the hyperbowl.
Colts have been around since 1970 and many many games have been played between schools and Colts.

Sorry FF (Folau Fainga'a), just responding to a post from a Barker supporter, no probs with the Barker supporters post, saying they are playing against an U/19 team. I also do know that the Colts aren't new, not sure you point!

ruckman7

Peter Burge (5)
This Barker side is emerging clearly as the team to beat for all the CAS and GPS teams this year.
Ruckman, keep us posted!

Well as is usual with colts there will probably be a few 17 and 18 year olds in there from Gordon but Barker has been a strong recruitment hub for Gordon over the last few years and seeing as its village day at Gordon I wouldn't be surprised if a few boys are asked to stick around around and the current colts boys show them a good time.

It also helps that the Barker Coach and the Gordon director of Colts are the same person!:D

I was just interested in the subject as I can't remember any time in the last 10 years when a colts team has played an actual game against a schoolboy 1st XV, yes I'm sure Waverley and Randwick train with each other all the time, but I can't recall any live games between the two levels. Just interested me!

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)

Yeah, 2 weeks ago.

Auggies played Rats colts. It happens periodically/ regularly across the landscape.

Lovetap

Peter Burge (5)
2020 Waverley 1st played Randwick 1st colts and came away with I believe 4 tries v wicks 2 tries. This set the tone for their CAS campaign becoming as we know premiers. I hear that Waves are of to the nations capital to play Ed’s this week.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
2020 Waverley 1st played Randwick 1st colts and came away with I believe 4 tries v wicks 2 tries. This set the tone for their CAS campaign becoming as we know premiers. I hear that Waves are of to the nations capital to play Ed’s this week.

Hi LT,

Yes the Waves off tomorrow morning, early, to Eddies, 2 Opens teams and the 16as.
Eddies are traditionally strong, so will be interesting to see, albeit all sides will be a bit rusty early on.

Does anyone have any other games they can post?

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hi LT,

Yes the Waves off tomorrow morning, early, to Eddies, 2 Opens teams and the 16as.
Eddies are traditionally strong, so will be interesting to see, albeit all sides will be a bit rusty early on.

Does anyone have any other games they can post?

Knox 1sts and 2nds are playing St Pats at Pats. Couple of boys out of the Knox 1sts team but almost their strongest team. Will be interesting to see how they go.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Knox 1sts and 2nds are playing St Pats at Pats. Couple of boys out of the Knox 1sts team but almost their strongest team. Will be interesting to see how they go.

We had an opposing session with Pats yesterday, not full contact, Knox will be fine!

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
H/T Barker 7 Gordon 3rd grade colts 5
Barker didn't start with their A team so we're pushed around in the scrums but a close contest.