• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2021

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Shore made it clear that their firsts were not playing Barker firsts.
Their Head of Rugby's quote at the season launch dinner was that ' we can't even pronounce most of the Barker player's surnames', A thinly veiled swipe at what clearly is playing out this year.
being an old Boy I am not thrilled either..
Oh dear.
I'm a big fan of Shore but if true, that quote is demeaning and patronising.
No place for it in a civilised discussion about rugby.
Either tackle the issue head on or leave it alone.

The Analyser

Bob McCowan (2)
Yes the ex Barker parents at the Shore Rugby dinner thought it was a very, very strange thing to say. I don't recall them not wanting to play us in the 90s when they were flogging Barker..
I think your information is very very off.... Shore didn't pull out.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
I think your information is very very off.. Shore didn't pull out.

Interested to know what you think then, because they have also pulled out of 2nds, meaning the Barker seconds have a bye. Pretty ordinary form unless its for a very very good reason.

The Analyser

Bob McCowan (2)
Interested to know what you think then, because they have also pulled out of 2nds, meaning the Barker seconds have a bye. Pretty ordinary form unless its for a very very good reason.
As shore old boy and current barker parent, my understanding is that the Shore 1st XV and 2nd XV has this weekend planned out (far before they knew it was against barker) to attend an event, this event I am unaware of. They planned to do a game in the morning before their event, however barker firstly pulled out their 1st XV and then just yesterday pulled out their 2nd XV....

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
As shore old boy and current barker parent, my understanding is that the Shore 1st XV and 2nd XV has this weekend planned out (far before they knew it was against barker) to attend an event, this event I am unaware of. They planned to do a game in the morning before their event, however barker firstly pulled out their 1st XV and then just yesterday pulled out their 2nd XV..

In a discussion with a current Shore 1st XV parent, there was no mention of "an event" on this weekend. There were other reasons given, but not that one. The plot thickens....

The Analyser

Bob McCowan (2)
In a discussion with a current Shore 1st XV parent, there was no mention of "an event" on this weekend. There were other reasons given, but not that one. The plot thickens..
The "Shore 1st XV parent' clearly is unaware of what his son is doing on Saturday if that's true.
TA

ruckman7

Peter Burge (5)
Your information is corrwctBarker playing Eastwood colts side made up of U18 platers

That'll be a good game for Barker Eastwood got a lower grade colts win over Uni a few weeks back and getting into some good form, still that Barker side will put 40+ on. I'm absolutely shocked Shore would have pulled out. I thought they were supposed to have a strong year this year. In my day at Aloys we'd always go after the stronger schools regardless of our own strength or any rumours about recruitment. It's part and parcel with rugby in all competitions, club, Schoolboy even International. Just don't think pulling out of the game and then throwing shade behind Barker's back from the principal leaves a good impression on the boys in the team. Just my thoughts

The Analyser

Bob McCowan (2)
That'll be a good game for Barker Eastwood got a lower grade colts win over Uni a few weeks back and getting into some good form, still that Barker side will put 40+ on. I'm absolutely shocked Shore would have pulled out. I thought they were supposed to have a strong year this year. In my day at Aloys we'd always go after the stronger schools regardless of our own strength or any rumours about recruitment. It's part and parcel with rugby in all competitions, club, Schoolboy even International. Just don't think pulling out of the game and then throwing shade behind Barker's back from the principal leaves a good impression on the boys in the team. Just my thoughts

as I've said early Shore didn't pull out. Read Above^
TA

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
Did Barker pull out of their U13s and U14s games with Joeys last weekend?

No
results.JPG

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
I think your information is very very off.. Shore didn't pull out.
Depends how you define ‘pull out’. The head of rugby never said there was a game organised- rather said that they were not playing Barker....
If you were at the dinner it would have been loud and clear to you..

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Yes it would be the superior "coaching" that kicks in all of a sudden from the 16's (note the comment above re 15's.)

Pats weren't too big a challenge for Joeys, 13A's was +103 and 14A's was +75 with the mercy rule applied in the H2, 15's was closer but still + > 30 points...

Well, to be fair, both the 13 & 14A's from Barker didnt play the Joey's A's, so it seems St Pat's must be stronger in the younger age groups, then Barkers superior coaching kicks in from the 15's.........

aussiefooty

Bob McCowan (2)
I have just heard from a Shore parent with a child in the 2nd XV that the "event" they are "all" going to in the afternoon is only optional and was recently scheduled 3 or 4 weeks ago. Still no idea what the event actually is though.

Proper prop

Frank Row (1)
I have just heard from a Shore parent with a child in the 2nd XV that the "event" they are "all" going to in the afternoon is only optional and was recently scheduled 3 or 4 weeks ago. Still no idea what the event actually is though.

Hey guys, to jump in on this shore mess I’ve heard around the grounds that it’s a “leadership day” only recently organised by the school, not sure how true that is ?