• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Suburban Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
We train there, but don't play there on Saturday.

Wouldn't know who it was, could be Harlequins or Notre Dame. Or even a school team.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
They definitely didn't look like school teams (or mungos) and I saw three different lots as I drove past. Proper NSW rugby refs/touchies too.

Balmain hit out went well too, we played Hunters and Beecroft, but in a weird format where we played one half against each team back to back then Beecroft, who we played first went back out to play Hunters Hill.

Got some nice grazes from the pitch at Boronia park too!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Any truth to the rumour that Balmain have recruited a few guys from Randwick first grade in 2011?

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
We train there, but don't play there on Saturday.

Wouldn't know who it was, could be Harlequins or Notre Dame. Or even a school team.
Good call Barbarian. Looked up the sites and Notre Dame says: Trials are on!!!!!!

See you all this saturday the 24th of March at Wentworth park. Wattle street side. Be there just before 12 for warm up and team selection.

See you all there.
RUCK ME, MAUL ME, MAKE ME SCRUM.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Two and half weeks till the season kicks off.

Whats is happening with 4 div? or more importantly the clubs that can field three teams????

Good to see the draw has been done for 3rd Div on the subbies site

Camo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Any truth to the rumour that Balmain have recruited a few guys from Randwick first grade in 2011?
Not entirely Barbarian..
We do have a large contagion of old Wicks boys, (myself included) however we are mixed throughout the grades and not recruited.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Update:

There is no 4th Division and Chatswood stepped down from 5 to 6. 12 teams in Div 3 and 6

Got to feel sorry for Iggies facing off against Drummoyne then Campbelltown in first 2 matches. If they survive these first 2 games with few injuries it should set them up nicely. Conversely, a heavy injury toll early on could knock their season from the outset.

Not sure if already covered. In Div 2 if you don't find a replacement game in 8 days in the first round if rained out, the second round match against the opponent is worth double Champ points. With the current rainfalls, it should make for a fascinating back end to the season.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Update:

There is no 4th Division and Chatswood stepped down from 5 to 6. 12 teams in Div 3 and 6

Got to feel sorry for Iggies facing off against Drummoyne then Campbelltown in first 2 matches. If they survive these first 2 games with few injuries it should set them up nicely. Conversely, a heavy injury toll early on could knock their season from the outset.

Not sure if already covered. In Div 2 if you don't find a replacement game in 8 days in the first round if rained out, the second round match against the opponent is worth double Champ points. With the current rainfalls, it should make for a fascinating back end to the season.

Is Chatswood's fall one of the biggest? Once a strong 1st Div club now struggling to have more than one team! Got to be up there with Dundas Valley

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Barbarian, are you having a run tomorrow? I'm having a celebrity appearance at 10 in third grade. Assured my wife that this isnt the start of playing for the year, but merely a one off.

How are your numbers?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah, I am fronting up in the second row of 3rds. Will try and put a hit on you. I'll be the lanky guy in the blue headgear.

Our numbers are good, we should have plenty of subs. A few late withdrawls but that is par for the course. Should be a cracker!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Is there any grammatical sneakiness there Camo? Maybe 'all 3' are not, but are two, or one? ;)

Haha just wanting to make sure, this rumour has gone around our club like wildfire...

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hooker john fonokolifia (spelling?) from Randwick 1sts has gone to Balmain plus centre Anaru Williams, who played some 2s but mostly colts, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.