• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Suburban Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Any last minute issues sprung up? How are the sides from the old div 4 doing with numbers?

Im in London so cant wait for 7pm EDT to log on and see how the first round has gone!

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Ozzie Bob,

Should be interesting in Division 3.... St George have come in as the last team and will only be competing in 3 grades. Colleagues Convicts will play in their 4th grade slot.

I know that there are other clubs within the Division 3 ranks that have less registered players than they will need to field 4 grades, as well as other clubs who have plenty of registered players but may have trouble locating them, according to people of significant position in their clubs.

I believe that the Division 3 colts competition may not run as there are not enough clubs able to get their numbers right.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Ozzie Bob,

Should be interesting in Division 3.... St George have come in as the last team and will only be competing in 3 grades. Colleagues Convicts will play in their 4th grade slot.

I know that there are other clubs within the Division 3 ranks that have less registered players than they will need to field 4 grades, as well as other clubs who have plenty of registered players but may have trouble locating them, according to people of significant position in their clubs.

I believe that the Division 3 colts competition may not run as there are not enough clubs able to get their numbers right.

Prodigy

It seems a shame that they cant get the colts competition together, have they tried to get any of the lower division clubs to field sides?

Once again these clubs that have a very transient playing bases where they have good numbers at home, but poor away are doing a great injustice to the competition. I do remember my club having to forfeit all four games one year on an away trip! Its just a shame that clubs go through all of this!

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Got to say there are going to be some cracking games in div 3 in round one:

Mountains vs Waverley............................ Waves should have good numbers for round one!

UWSH vs Hornsby.............................Going to be interesting to see how Hornsby go this year

Brothers vs Merrylands.....................Grand final rematch from Div 4 last year

Hawkesberry vs Blacktown...............Good local derby!

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)

Mountains vs Waverley............................ Waves should have good numbers for round one!

UWSH vs Hornsby.............................Going to be interesting to see how Hornsby go this year

Brothers vs Merrylands.....................Grand final rematch from Div 4 last year

Funnily enough Bob, that is Round 2. It comes up when you click on the ladder.

Mac Uni vs Blue Mountains - will be interesting to see how the new boys match up with one of the strongest clubs over the last 10 years in Div 3.

Hills vs UWSH - sees the probable debut of David Fifita (ex-Wests Tigers 1st Grade) for UWSH

Merrylands vs Epping - We will get to see what both teams bring to start the season

Blacktown vs St George - Unlucky to be down in Div 3 vs very lucky to be up in Div 3 (to some degree). Plus Colleagues Convicts playing for St George in 4th Grade

Waverley vs Brothers - how have Waverley rebuilt vs the alleged money that Brothers have spent on their first grade team

Hornsby vs Hawkesbury Valley - both teams struggled somewhat in 1st Grade last year.... how have they rebuilt in the off season

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)

Sorry meant round 2!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah apparently Cross and Dunning are fronting up for Balmain this season.

Should be interesting to see how they go.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Dunning is still 50/50 from what I hear - he is still hoping to pick up a contract with one of the Super Rugby provinces, hence he will go to Eastwood first.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Music to my ears Prodigy.

BTW we really enjoyed our outing to Epping a few weeks back. All were closely fought games, though I heard we got away in 1st grade but I had gone by then.

Jeez that ref in 3s made some interesting decisions? I wonder how many times this season we'll see the 'deliberate knock-back' rule applied?

You guys got the raw end of that deal, not to mention the fact that he didn't seem to register the 'keep your feet at the breakdown' rule.

Ah well, the joys of lower grade Subbies hey.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Music to my ears Prodigy.

BTW we really enjoyed our outing to Epping a few weeks back. All were closely fought games, though I heard we got away in 1st grade but I had gone by then.

Jeez that ref in 3s made some interesting decisions? I wonder how many times this season we'll see the 'deliberate knock-back' rule applied?

You guys got the raw end of that deal, not to mention the fact that he didn't seem to register the 'keep your feet at the breakdown' rule.

Ah well, the joys of lower grade Subbies hey.

As a ref myself i feel for the refs and players in the lower grades. They are very scrappy games and it can get very frustrating for all concerned!

M

Marley

Hooker john fonokolifia (spelling?) from Randwick 1sts has gone to Balmain plus centre Anaru Williams, who played some 2s but mostly colts, as well.

It is John Fonokalafi. And not Anaru Williamsbut Anaru Matthews. John came from NZ and was with the Auckland and Blues sides early 2000's played 1st grade and little bit od 2nds. great hooker.
Anaru comes off a two year contract playing toyata cup For Penrith 2009-2010 and 1 year deal with Randwick 2011. He is a young but very very good player. Played 4 1st games for Randwick at 20 years old and spent majority of the season in 2nd grade. He went down to colts at the tail end of the season to help and boost there finals hopes. From watching him colts were not a challenge.

M

Marley

Also can confirm that Ryan Cross is playing 10 for Balmain this weekend. Everyone get down and see what this guy is about these days.
Also a few NZ boys are new to the club from what sources are saying.
Matt Dunning is Scummage coach and popps down to trainings here and there

L

Loosehead

Any word on if Hoiles went to Balmain or has he gone back to Randwick? I heard there was a fair bit of interest..?

Camo

Frank Nicholson (4)
Also can confirm that Ryan Cross is playing 10 for Balmain this weekend. Everyone get down and see what this guy is about these days.
Also a few NZ boys are new to the club from what sources are saying.
Matt Dunning is Scummage coach and popps down to trainings here and there

Marley, Dunning is not the scrummage coach nor is he playing for Balmain at the moment.
Hopefully, we do see him having a run for the Muzzled Wolves later on in the season, but nothing is confirmed at this stage.

M

Marley

Marley, Dunning is not the scrummage coach nor is he playing for Balmain at the moment.
Hopefully, we do see him having a run for the Muzzled Wolves later on in the season, but nothing is confirmed at this stage.
Apologies for the wrong info. Just was circulated around the place.
Heard you back's are pretty sharp?? or rumour?

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Ozzie bob- sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Yes I am coaching bobs 5ths and numbers are good. We are playing Knox old boys tomorrow at their game and we have 6 fresh teams- in fact this year we probably have the most registered players in our our 50 year history. We will account for ourselves against Knox old boys tomorrow. The bobs are looking good. Hopefully the fitz files in the SMS will advertise our home game as the bobs will have a strong away crowd throughout the day.
Out of interest when did you play? I have played over 200 games and love the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.