• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Suburban Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
What a bunch of shit this is becoming..... the signing of Chabal for one game... ok, I can live with that. Even Mitchell & Giteau last year, but Ryan Cross for the season, come on! Subbies Rugby is supposed to be the AMATEUR competition, implying non-payment of players.

This is going beyond a joke, what happens to the poor bastard in first grade who has to actually pay his rego. I was ok with Balmain as long as it was promotion, but this is a joke.

If they manage to win a premiership, I hope that it has an asterix next to it, stating "won with a number of paid players" and it is an incredibly hollow victory for them.

Although in some factions of the club, they will actually believe that they deserve it.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
What a bunch of shit this is becoming..... the signing of Chabal for one game... ok, I can live with that. Even Mitchell & Giteau last year, but Ryan Cross for the season, come on! Subbies Rugby is supposed to be the AMATEUR competition, implying non-payment of players.

This is going beyond a joke, what happens to the poor bastard in first grade who has to actually pay his rego. I was ok with Balmain as long as it was promotion, but this is a joke.

If they manage to win a premiership, I hope that it has an asterix next to it, stating "won with a number of paid players" and it is an incredibly hollow victory for them.

Although in some factions of the club, they will actually believe that they deserve it.

But what does this say about Ryan Cross. Goes from being a member of the Waratahs to plying 2nd Div subbies!

Its no different to Brothers signing 5 current SS first graders including a former Waratah!

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
But what does this say about Ryan Cross. Goes from being a member of the Waratahs to plying 2nd Div subbies!

Its no different to Brothers signing 5 current SS first graders including a former Waratah!
Who are the Brothers players? I can think of Vinny Byrne & Greg Wade (from Gordon), Francis Cullimore (leaguey)

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Who are the Brothers players? I can think of Vinny Byrne & Greg Wade (from Gordon), Francis Cullimore (leaguey)

They also had Craig Thomas (Flanker from Gordon) and and winger who's name i cant remember who played grade for Penrith and Norths and i think he was part of Knox Old boys team that won Kentwell a couple of years ago.

Cullimore also played one game for the tahs in the early 2000's

Camo

Frank Nicholson (4)
FYI - Crossy is not getting a cent. Believe it or not, he has come down off his own bat to play with mates etc..(and yes Prod, we'll be expecting fees from him like everyone else :)

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
FYI - Crossy is not getting a cent. Believe it or not, he has come down off his own bat to play with mates etc..(and yes Prod, we'll be expecting fees from him like everyone else :)
Good on him for fronting up with no pay - problem is, however, that he is doing it with a richly patronised club - maybe, if he is so altruistic, he could go back to his roots and play for Waverley. It seems my club is in for a real touching up in the first round at Blackmore Park :-(

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Good on him for fronting up with no pay - problem is, however, that he is doing it with a richly patronised club - maybe, if he is so altruistic, he could go back to his roots and play for Waverley. It seems my club is in for a real touching up in the first round at Blackmore Park :-(

Lincoln how are you guys looking for numbers this year! I imagine you guys will once again tear up Div 2!!!!

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Alright then, Camo, not sure I'm 100% convinced, who is this mate of Ryan Cross' that you speak of.... how much did Wazza shell out for Chabal?
Is this a trip to help him find a Super Rugby club to play for, or is he purely here to play one exhibition game for you guys?

Funky

Frank Nicholson (4)
Funky its very interesting to hear all of this!

The club im associated with is an old boys club, but all of the committee are current players, no non playing members on the committee at all!

Are Waves capable of getting back to Div 1, you guys used to be so dominate!

Not for a long while. Real question is, do we want to?

There is a voice among many in Waverley that targeting first grade shouldn't be a priority...

Generally I agree with that statement, but I think getting back to first grade would be a product of getting everything else humming along nicely!

Funky

Frank Nicholson (4)
Lincoln how are you guys looking for numbers this year! I imagine you guys will once again tear up Div 2!!!!

The one point I'll make about Balmain, is that they are the only Club (that I know of) to have risen so high, without actually having ever won a Divisional Championship!!!!!

Jungle

Frank Row (1)

Camo great working picking up Chabal and Cross.

I was just wondering if Sam Manion is playing for you guys again this year ?

Also there were rumours circulating that only your props were being paid in 1st grade last year. Is this true ?

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Not for a long while. Real question is, do we want to?

There is a voice among many in Waverley that targeting first grade shouldn't be a priority...

Generally I agree with that statement, but I think getting back to first grade would be a product of getting everything else humming along nicely!

If clubs put all their effort into only winning first grade they might as well be in Div 6 cos nobody will stick around!

O

ON85

Last time I checked Balmain's website, they'd 'borrowed' about 60 years of Drummoyne's history to create some legitimacy for themselves. Good promo though, clearly better than the crew at Moore Park could organise

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
The one point I'll make about Balmain, is that they are the only Club (that I know of) to have risen so high, without actually having ever won a Divisional Championship!!!!!

Amazing how a club can go so high so quickly! I think there will be some Div 2 clubs licking their lips at the thought of smashing them this year! Going to be interesting to see how they get on with a colts team. I know the dirty reds have struggled over the years with competitive colts sides

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Amazing how a club can go so high so quickly! I think there will be some Div 2 clubs licking their lips at the thought of smashing them this year! Going to be interesting to see how they get on with a colts team. I know the dirty reds have struggled over the years with competitive colts sides
Balmain Colts went alright in the Div 3 Colts competition last year. Having coached Colts in both Div 2 and Div 3, the standard isnt too different.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Balmain Colts went alright in the Div 3 Colts competition last year. Having coached Colts in both Div 2 and Div 3, the standard isnt too different.

When did it become mandatory for Div to have colts?

Must be one of the best things they have done though, you need the young blokes coming through!

Status
Not open for further replies.