• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Suburban Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Not mandatory, more like it is suggested. At Epping, we really pushed for the competition with Subbies after we dropped down from Division 2, having made Semis, GF and then running 2 teams in the comp last year.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Not mandatory, more like it is suggested. At Epping, we really pushed for the competition with Subbies after we dropped down from Division 2, having made Semis, GF and then running 2 teams in the comp last year.

Is it looking like you will have two teams again this year? If you cant hang onto 10-15 of those guys for a few years it great for the club

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Is it looking like you will have two teams again this year? If you cant hang onto 10-15 of those guys for a few years it great for the club
Don't think so, Bob. Last year, we had a large group at that 21 age, and alot of younger guys.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Unfortunately not, Balmain got up 19-5, according to the Subbies twitter. I'm sure Camo or Jnor will be on later today, any chance we can get a team list for Balmain and Petersham

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Rumour doing the rounds at the Hawkesbury Valley 10's tournament on Saturday is that Subbies are looking to make Division 3 a 12 team competition for 2012. Clubs include will probably be:
Blacktown, Hornsby (both down from Div 2), Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury Valley, UWS Hawkesbury, Hills, Epping, Waverley (current Div 3 clubs) with Brothers, Macquarie Uni (both likely to be promoted from Div 4), as well as two out of Merrylands, St George and Sydney Harlequins.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Rumour doing the rounds at the Hawkesbury Valley 10's tournament on Saturday is that Subbies are looking to make Division 3 a 12 team competition for 2012. Clubs include will probably be:
Blacktown, Hornsby (both down from Div 2), Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury Valley, UWS Hawkesbury, Hills, Epping, Waverley (current Div 3 clubs) with Brothers, Macquarie Uni (both likely to be promoted from Div 4), as well as two out of Merrylands, St George and Sydney Harlequins.

Jezz that is going to be a stretch for Quins, Mac Uni and St George!

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Confirmed today that Division 3 will be a 12 team competition. Play every team once, then split into two pool and play those in your pool again.

Pool 1: Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury Valley, Hills, Merrylands, UWS Hawkesbury

Pool 2: Brothers, Epping, Hornsby, Macquarie Uni, Waverley and a last team to be considered from a shortlist of Canterbury, Fairvale/Lansvale, St George or Sydney Harlequins.

It will be an interesting season - really enjoy the home and away battles against Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury Valley & Hills - hopefully it works out well.

On another note, found out through the grapevine that the new Alexandria Dukes club is made up of several former members of Waverley. Wonder what went down there?

Funky

Frank Nicholson (4)
Confirmed today that Division 3 will be a 12 team competition. Play every team once, then split into two pool and play those in your pool again.

Pool 1: Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury Valley, Hills, Merrylands, UWS Hawkesbury

Pool 2: Brothers, Epping, Hornsby, Macquarie Uni, Waverley and a last team to be considered from a shortlist of Canterbury, Fairvale/Lansvale, St George or Sydney Harlequins.

It will be an interesting season - really enjoy the home and away battles against Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury Valley & Hills - hopefully it works out well.

On another note, found out through the grapevine that the new Alexandria Dukes club is made up of several former members of Waverley. Wonder what went down there?

Adding to that Interest, Waves is playing Alexandria in a trial!!!!

Prodigy, do you know who the Waverley players are? I've heard it is one former President of the Club, but not which former President.

There have been a number of "growing" pains at Waverley the last three seasons. Call it a difference in direction / opinion. Without knowing exactly who the people are I'd be speculating. That said, Waverley has been bleeding people the last few seasons. Mainly people who have had jack of it all.

Historically there have been a lot of people in the Club who have made a lot of noise (complain about everything and anything), but actually don't contribute anything to the Club. In trying to stamp this out / focus on things that matter, a lot of toes have been stood on. A lot. This has meant all kinds of people have left, from those trying to change things (and realising it has all been too hard), to those who think they are more important than they are.

Unfortunately I think it is probably the former group gone to Alexandria.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)

Prodigy, do you know who the Waverley players are? I've heard it is one former President of the Club, but not which former President.

There have been a number of "growing" pains at Waverley the last three seasons. Call it a difference in direction / opinion. Without knowing exactly who the people are I'd be speculating. That said, Waverley has been bleeding people the last few seasons. Mainly people who have had jack of it all.

Historically there have been a lot of people in the Club who have made a lot of noise (complain about everything and anything), but actually don't contribute anything to the Club. In trying to stamp this out / focus on things that matter, a lot of toes have been stood on. A lot. This has meant all kinds of people have left, from those trying to change things (and realising it has all been too hard), to those who think they are more important than they are.

But dont Waves because of the area they are based have a high turnover of players anyway?

Funky

Frank Nicholson (4)
But dont Waves because of the area they are based have a high turnover of players anyway?

Yes, but not generally to other clubs. From what I've heard this is an "ex president".

Each year, the Club is made up of about 50% new members.

Druid

Herbert Moran (7)

I am missing something. Normally in a subbies 10-team competition there is 18 rounds. Under this method there is only 16 rounds. Does this mean that Division 3 will start there finals series 2 weeks earlier, or are they doing something different for the finals round?

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
I am missing something. Normally in a subbies 10-team competition there is 18 rounds. Under this method there is only 16 rounds. Does this mean that Division 3 will start there finals series 2 weeks earlier, or are they doing something different for the finals round?

At this point in time, it will be a four week finals series, with 5 teams. My assumption (unconfirmed):

Week 1
Game 1: 4 vs 5 - elimination game
Game 2: 2 vs 3
Team 1 with week off

Week 2
Game 3: Winner Game 1 vs Loser Game 2
Game 4: Team 1 vs Winner Game 2 (winner progresses to Grand Final)

Week 3
Game 5: Winner Game 3 vs Loser Game 4

Week 4
Grand Final: Winner Game 4 vs Winner Game 5

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
At this point in time, it will be a four week finals series, with 5 teams. My assumption (unconfirmed):

Week 1
Game 1: 4 vs 5 - elimination game
Game 2: 2 vs 3
Team 1 with week off

Week 2
Game 3: Winner Game 1 vs Loser Game 2
Game 4: Team 1 vs Winner Game 2 (winner progresses to Grand Final)

Week 3
Game 5: Winner Game 3 vs Loser Game 4

Week 4
Grand Final: Winner Game 4 vs Winner Game 5

Is this a first for subbies having a 5 team semi final series?

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Just looking at subbies site, and going through the divisions.

There seems to be quite a few teams missing from Div 6, namely Redfield, Killara and Roseville all now Div 5 and Rouse Hill now in Div 5.

Only 4 clubs in Div 4, how on earth are they going to sort this mess out!

12 teams in div 3!

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Just looking at subbies site, and going through the divisions.

There seems to be quite a few teams missing from Div 6, namely Redfield, Killara and Roseville all now Div 5 and Rouse Hill now in Div 5.

Only 4 clubs in Div 4, how on earth are they going to sort this mess out!

12 teams in div 3!
Why do they keep reinventing the wheel?4 teama in div 4? How is that going keep clubs interested??? Div4 is the two headed cousin of Subbies rugby, FFS!
After a couple of weeks in the sun Subbies admin comes crashing down to its very amatuer level.
12 in Div 3 and splitting it up.....thats two divisions isnt it? Went through this in an overseas comp, it doest work. Only 11 shown on the subbies website, all look even strength except maybe Macquarie Uni who can go either way depending on students that year.
Good to see Div has been culled and teams that have gone up with ann extra side, Roseville, Maccabi, Redfield and Killara, hope they get away from the one only team route and build.
Didnt see any new teams listed in Div 6, Rockdale drop down and no one could really say they are hard done by there

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)

The 1st div coach who went on to be President from a few years back did some damage playing favourites. Hope they get it sorted, some good work done a few years ago when you were feilding 7 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.