• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Penrith Emus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I have been advised that history was made on Saturday at Nepean Rugby Park when our 1st Grade Colts won. I am prepared to stand corrected however I believe never before in the history of the Club has a 1st Grade Colts squad won a game. I'm not sure whether to feel elated or sad that it took this Club some 17 years to win a match in this grade. Now that the milestone has been passed I believe that the team will continue to be successful. Watch this space - there are some very talented players in this squad.

Check their record in '96. They may have won a game that year.

Fibrotown Insider

Stan Wickham (3)
Can you two blokes pass on your sentiments to the parking SS officers at Forshaw, parking for grade/colts matches? Ridiculous.
Thanks for your input Lindommer - I can't comment on the parking situation at Forshaw Park - however I can say that the Board at Penrith made a decision that we needed to encourage better support at the ground - which we have been achieving with several strategies - unfortunately at great cost to our revenue stream.

O

Ole Two Blue

Thanks Ole Two Blues for a good day on Saturday - all games were played in good spirit. Your first grade look very impressive this year. Not taking anything away from them - I was extremely disappointed with the performance of our first grade - there are are a few in that squad who really need to reconsider their approach and attitude to game preparation - particularly with some impressive performances from some of our second grade players. Otherwise a most enjoyable day. Here's to rugby in the west - the future of premier rugby in Sydney.

it was a great day Fibro. thanks for your hospitality. I agree with your comment that I highlighted above. In our opinion, there seemed to be a majority of your guys more keen on trying to start trouble through foul play rather than play footy. The games between the two clubs are ALWAYS played with a high physicality, which is expected from both sides I suspect, and the games are always an arm wrestle. The two matches last year I felt were fantastic games. Physical, confrontational yet played with tremendous attacking spirit. The second game last year was as good as any game I've seen. Last week's game not so much, and we were on the good side of the ledger but it was still an enjoyable game of rugby.

Best of luck to you guys for the rest of the season

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
Can you two blokes pass on your sentiments to the parking SS officers at Forshaw, parking for grade/colts matches? Ridiculous.

Lindommer, I wouldn't worry about sending messages to the Forshaw Car Park SS because I think an important message has been sent from the Emus to Souths via the first grade team.:)

Parra 15 Wests 12, not pretty. Well done to Penrith, beating Souths 24-20 I understand.

Other results
Uni 12 Warringah 0
Norths 15 Gordon 3
Randwick 10 Easts 16
Manly 0 Eastwood 27

Fibrotown Insider

Stan Wickham (3)
I am proud to advise this weekend the newly formed Penrith District Junior Rugby Union will be fielding teams from under 10s through to under 16s at various locations around Sydney (and at Orange) for the NSW Junior Rugby State Championships. This is the first time that any junior representative teams have played under the Penrith banner. This weekend therefore represents a milestone for the senior club. We still have a long way to go, however we are at last on the right track. Congratulations to those 160 boys participating from our District this weekend - one day you will be able to say you were there the very first year.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I am proud to advise this weekend the newly formed Penrith District Junior Rugby Union will be fielding teams from under 10s through to under 16s at various locations around Sydney (and at Orange) for the NSW Junior Rugby State Championships. This is the first time that any junior representative teams have played under the Penrith banner. This weekend therefore represents a milestone for the senior club. We still have a long way to go, however we are at last on the right track. Congratulations to those 160 boys participating from our District this weekend - one day you will be able to say you were there the very first year.

I played a Penrith Districts team back in U17s. Surely that team counts as a junior representative team? Or are you referring to the new organisation. You probably are. Never mind.

Anyway, congratulations on organizing so many squads. That's excellent news. Hopefully, its just the beginning of a rapid period of growth of clubs in the district. The game needs a stronger presence in Western Sydney.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)

This is a very significant development for our code. It's great to read of real progress being made in the foothills. Obviously there must have been a lot of work put in to organise teams at seven different age levels. Congratulations to all concerned.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Congrats on a huge milestone.
Even more impressive given the money and effort expended on juniors by the AFL over the past 2 or 3 years.
Friends tell me the effort from the AFL is mindblowing, so kudos to the volunteers from the Emu's

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Congrats on a huge milestone.
Even more impressive given the money and effort expended on juniors by the AFL over the past 2 or 3 years.
Friends tell me the effort from the AFL is mindblowing, so kudos to the volunteers from the Emu's

You can't plant a grass routes push into an area, it isn't a top-down kind of thing.

Congrats to Fibrotown Insider and his mates.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
did they develop the squads themselves or did they convince a couple of clubs from a neighbouring district to change affiliation? Does that fix the problem, or does it just move it?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Interested re point above is this a result of luring Rooty Hill across?

What Junior clubs does Penrith have now? Just had a look Parramatta don't have an U16's which is not a good sign as Parramatta is a very large district(maybe with Rooty Hill gone it may have come back to the pack a little). Probably was second to Gordon.

With Hunters Hill defection to Norths I noticed Norths are entering teams in each age group(some years over the last 10 or so years they haven't done this). Bar a U17's joint team with Souths.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)

Is Henry Schaaf still living up Penrith way and does he have any sons playing juniors rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.