• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Premier Rugby 2013 Ins and Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Expect a few coaching announcements to come out by monday next week.
Out of the schools is that Wests have managed to pick up a few decent colts for next year......allegedly every school out west and up the mountains has had conversation with the club......news to follow.
Easts to pick up a few handy players for their colts program which are australian schoolboys.

Vague i know but nothing is set in concrete and this is what i have so far

sunnysideup

Frank Nicholson (4)
Australian schoolboys #10 Jake McIntyre signed up with Sunnybank. Apparently the kid has been promised a decent crack at 10 for Sunnybank. Not sure where this places Dion Taumata but at least they have backup in the position with Matty Lucas now at the Waratahs

sunnysideup

Frank Nicholson (4)
Expect a few coaching announcements to come out by monday next week.
Out of the schools is that Wests have managed to pick up a few decent colts for next year..allegedly every school out west and up the mountains has had conversation with the club..news to follow.
Easts to pick up a few handy players for their colts program which are australian schoolboys.

Vague i know but nothing is set in concrete and this is what i have so far

Well Mooney / Allen are locked in at Wests again, as is Pat Richards at Easts. Not sure if Richards will have some changes amongst his assistants. Rangihuna will be back guiding the Stingrays and Nowlan is locked in on the Gold Coast for a while yet. No whispers yet from the other clubs though looks likely Arnold and Piccone will get another crack at Jeeps

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Australian schoolboys #10 Jake McIntyre signed up with Sunnybank. Apparently the kid has been promised a decent crack at 10 for Sunnybank. Not sure where this places Dion Taumata but at least they have backup in the position with Matty Lucas now at the Waratahs

Maybe Taumata is heading back down to Shute Shield? Shame though thought he would have been up for an EPS gig at Reds

sunnysideup

Frank Nicholson (4)
Maybe Taumata is heading back down to Shute Shield? Shame though thought he would have been up for an EPS gig at Reds

Rumour has it that Taumata and Tapuai have been part of the EPS and possibly Nigel Ah Wong but cant confirm...........Jets do you have any insider knowledge?

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Well that does complicate things for the Bank backline....but McIntyre has shown at schoolboy level that he is an apt 12,15 as well so maybe thats where he will fit into the team.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
They'll all fit in. Competition for spots tends to bring the best out in guys, especially at this level.
Taumata, Tapuai and Ah Wong have all been training with the Reds as part of the wider training squad, not the EPS. I'm not sure what the deal is but from what I hear Link want to be able to train with 2 teams so they have added a wider training squad to make sure this can happen. It's a bit like the old Academy but I'm not sure if these players are contracted.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
They'll all fit in. Competition for spots tends to bring the best out in guys, especially at this level.
Taumata, Tapuai and Ah Wong have all been training with the Reds as part of the wider training squad, not the EPS. I'm not sure what the deal is but from what I hear Link want to be able to train with 2 teams so they have added a wider training squad to make sure this can happen. It's a bit like the old Academy but I'm not sure if these players are contracted.

Makes sense.....i was going to say although Ah Wong is a top player there were/are a few players in the comp that I feel are a head of him in the pickings for EPS.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The wider training squad could also be used as a rehearsal for EPS contracts.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Which also makes sense but surely Ah Wong not under consideration when there are people like Browning and shit even Arvier coming off a stellar season

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
We had a discussion at work the other day wondering why Arvier didn't have a contract somewhere. You would think if he was keen he would get something in the NH.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Anyone know of any coaching changes for next year? I would have thought most teams would keep their coaches as there were a lot of new ones this year and you'd expect them to give them more than a year to make a major difference.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I thought he was a bit shorter than that for some reason.......Maybe scouts feel that he is the bes the can be now and don't see anymore potential in him to grow?? Other than that I am not sure. He is a very good player at this level

Status
Not open for further replies.