• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2023

Thermal Scanna

Bob McCowan (2)
To add to the names mentioned above, expect the following players to also make an impact:

ACGS:
C Johnson
D Fifita
J Stoddart
H Solofa

BBC:
A Thompson
C Ray
D Colaivalu

BGS:
W Pascoe
Z Reader

BSHS:
J Horne
T Leofa

GT:
T Robinson
N Dunstan
C Harkins

IGS:
W Pamenter
M Vaigalu
J Grey

NC:
P Laine-Sietu
S Watson
J Grenfell

TGS:
C Oates

TSS:
B Moana
T Goldie
Dont forget, NC have Maddox Maclean returning, Dominant Mal Meniga player , played firsts last year,Tom Hanson and Noah Rauluni just to mention a few,Terrace have Maika Poese and BBC have Sampson Tuquiri

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Good morning over there I assume it would be in Australia.
As the season is approaching I've had several big colleges and universities contact me about their interest in Australian schoolboy rugby. Maybe its because of the great pathway for these boys to continue their rugby futures as for most come to an abrupt end after high school. With this in mind, I have little to no names to look out for in the GPS competition and was hoping some patrons could field me school's projected line ups and stand out players. Im already aware of a few big names, but every college in America can't offer players like Robinson (GT) and why I need to expand my talent vision.

Appreciate any information,
Footy Frederick
You would do well to post the same question to the NSW AAGPS page on Green and Gold as well.

Dabu

Allen Oxlade (6)
Dont forget, NC have Maddox Maclean returning, Dominant Mal Meniga player , played firsts last year,Tom Hanson and Noah Rauluni just to mention a few,Terrace have Maika Poese and BBC have Sampson Tuquiri
There’s a kid at Nudgee flying under the radar by the name of Sam Hyne. Only 17 and killing it as starting prop for Norths Mal Meninga. Big motor on him and he hits hard. Could be a very useful number 8 if he gets an opportunity.

Rugby_Lover10

Bob McCowan (2)
Don't forget about the return of PJ Su'a this year. GT looking the goods

NukeNoot

Frank Row (1)
Suggested stand out players from a few schools:

Nudgee:
- Marcarius Pereira (Prop)
- Princeton Ioane (Prop - pretty sure he's still only 15)
- Charlie O'Connell (10/15)
- Jimmy Duggan (currently wing)
- Prestyn Laine- sietu (centre)
- Maddox Maclean (centre)

TSS
- Billy Wellard (7)
- Amare Milford (6/8)
- Fergus Gillian (5)
- Mason King (13)

TGS
- Ewald Kruger (hooker)
- Trace Beattie (outside back - new to TGS)
- George Griffiths (lock/8)
- Chace Oates (10,13,15)
Churchie
- Frankie Goldsborough (centre)
- Emil Willie-Jawai (Prop)
- Jye Crothers (6/8)
- Diamond Fifita (prop)
- Joe Stoddart (flank)

Kitwalker

Bob McCowan (2)
- Prestyn Laine- sietu (centre)
- Maddox Maclean (centre)

- Mason King (13)

- Diamond Fifita (prop)
- Joe Stoddart (flank)
Oates isn’t a 10 better suited to 13.

Word is Maddox Maclean is a big if to make the firsts this year. At this stage the preferred centre pairing is Heaton and Laine-Setu. With Watson at 9 and O’Connell at 10. That is the reds U16’s from last year.

Thermal Scanna

Bob McCowan (2)
Oates isn’t a 10 better suited to 13.

Word is Maddox Maclean is a big if to make the firsts this year. At this stage the preferred centre pairing is Heaton and Laine-Setu. With Watson at 9 and O’Connell at 10. That is the reds U16’s from last year.
Big Call seeing he played every game in the firsts last year

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Can anyone from GT update me on another Mexican who floated up to QLD over the simmer - Finn Mackay?

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can anyone from GT update me on another Mexican who floated up to QLD over the simmer - Finn Mackay?
I think Finn is at GT... But also think he is originally from QLD... Am pretty sure he played Met East in U13. Has been in Vic for a few years but now back in QLD. Pretty sure he has been playing lightning Colts the last few weeks

Thermal Scanna

Bob McCowan (2)
Agreed,But Experience is a big thing at Ist Xv ,this isn't underage Rugby,big differance from 16-18 ,and a few of the guys you mentioned, would not look out of place in the 12As size wise,All the best for the upcoming season.

Kitwalker

Bob McCowan (2)
Agreed,But Experience is a big thing at Ist Xv ,this isn't underage Rugby,big differance from 16-18 ,and a few of the guys you mentioned, would not look out of place in the 12As size wise,All the best for the upcoming season.
Size isn’t important. If they have the skills and rugby brain that is more important than size.
Yes experience is important but if some boys have played high level rugby including rep stuff, and they are better than somebody who played every game last year then they should be given an opportunity.

by your way of thinking we should pick the same players year after year. Doesn’t grow the game and unearth new talent.

NukeNoot

Frank Row (1)
I agree even TSS first xv fly half from last year Spencer Alcock wouldn't look out of place in 12A's size wise. We shall see how all the little fellas go this year.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I think Finn is at GT... But also think he is originally from QLD... Am pretty sure he played Met East in U13. Has been in Vic for a few years but now back in QLD. Pretty sure he has been playing lightning Colts the last few weeks

Correct - was being a little cheeky :)

He moved down in 2019 and played in the Club team I coach (Harlequins). He also played 1st XV for Brighton Grammar. He is a very talented player, great boot and a workhorse general.

Can only wish all the success for him back in QLD (home?).

Thermal Scanna

Bob McCowan (2)
Size isn’t important. If they have the skills and rugby brain that is more important than size.
Yes experience is important but if some boys have played high level rugby including rep stuff, and they are better than somebody who played every game last year then they should be given an opportunity.

by your way of thinking we should pick the same players year after year. Doesn’t grow the game and unearth new talent.
All good points, but what is high level rep rugby? Most Dads still have a say in selection with the QRU rep teams, QLD U16? , pretty sure majority of the nudgee and TSS 3rds played QLD 16 .Calm down mate, I am sure your boy will get a go if he is good enough.

OldBack

Bob McCowan (2)
All good points, but what is high level rep rugby? Most Dads still have a say in selection with the QRU rep teams, QLD U16? , pretty sure majority of the nudgee and TSS 3rds played QLD 16 .Calm down mate, I am sure your boy will get a go if he is good enough.
4 from TSS - 3 from the 1sts and one from 16A's. Not sure about Nudgee

Kitwalker

Bob McCowan (2)
don’t have a boy at NC mate