• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2023

Kitwalker

Bob McCowan (2)
Come on mate, you predicted the NC Firsts backline 4 months before the season has started, your just a little bit excited for the coming season?
Go Terrace
No I don’t. I did watch the U16’s national championship last year which had a lot of NC boys in it. Besides the prop they had the 8-13, Not hard to predict really. Oh and your dominant Mal Meninga player apparently didn’t make the Met North league team…..not that dominate after all?

Thermal Scanna

Bob McCowan (2)
No I don’t. I did watch the U16’s national championship last year which had a lot of NC boys in it. Besides the prop they had the 8-13, Not hard to predict really. Oh and your dominant Mal Meninga player apparently didn’t make the Met North league team…..not that dominate after all?
From all reports one of the best players at the trial,Caint help not being from Wavell, Lot of good kids missed out, But like I said enjoy the upcoming season,1pm kick offs arnt that bad, take it easy on your boy ,he is trying his hardest.

Kitwalker

Bob McCowan (2)
From all reports one of the best players at the trial,Caint help not being from Wavell, Lot of good kids missed out, But like I said enjoy the upcoming season,1pm kick offs arnt that bad, take it easy on your boy ,he is trying his hardest.
As I said I don’t have a boy at NC

Kitwalker

Bob McCowan (2)
If he was once of the best he would have been picked…your comment makes no sense. A lot of boys from other schools were selected, not exclusively Wavell

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
As I said I don’t have a boy at NC
Big Call seeing he played every game in the firsts last year
Just because someone played every game last year doesn’t mean they are “entitled” to play again this year. If there are boys coming through who are better in the positions he is going for then they should get the spot.
What a load of crap ,kid is a Gun ,played QLD 16 and 18 ,and was a big part of 2022 first XV ,Word out of Nudgee he is looking fit and massive

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
I can back that ,up 1 try ,3 try assists,couldn’t have done any more

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
Just because someone played every game last year doesn’t mean they are “entitled” to play again this year. If there are boys coming through who are better in the positions he is going for then they should get the spot.
Kitwalker # dillusional

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
Shows you have no knowledge, Just like If you watched the 16s national championships, you would have seen they gave every man in the backline ago at 10, Because your Boy wasn't up to it, keep it positive mate, picking on kids is not a good look.
Oates isn’t a 10 better suited to 13.

Word is Maddox Maclean is a big if to make the firsts this year. At this stage the preferred centre pairing is Heaton and Laine-Setu. With Watson at 9 and O’Connell at 10. That is the reds U16’s from last year.
Good luck ,kid is massive ,hits like a freight train ,and is the best kicker in the comp

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
Good luck ,kid is massive ,hits like a freight train ,and is the best kicker in the comp
This forum is about GPS rugby, not individual kids, mate you are a dead set clown, first you haven't watched any games only the u16 National championships, now commenting on actual games, grow up
This forum is about GPS rugby, not individual kids, mate you are a dead set clown, first you haven't watched any games only the u16 National championships, now commenting on actual games, grow up mate.

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)
Does anybody have any predictions on churchies because my son is going up there for St Augustines college in Sydney in the first 15 trialing against them?

Make_Rugby_Great_Again

Frank Nicholson (4)
Does anybody have any predictions on churchies because my son is going up there for St Augustines college in Sydney in the first 15 trialing against them?
It’s a trial so I wouldn’t read too much into it. Churchie normally have a big squad which includes the best of there U15 and U16 cohort from the previous year involved (not too dis-similar to most schools) just to give them a taste of the training intensity during the pre-season and then a few early trial runs playing against older boys! Come the start of the GPS season, I’m expecting Churchie to be competing for the premiership based on the boys back from last year now Year 12 and a few boys who were involved in the 2nd XV and Qld U15 and U16 squads respectively last year. How is St Augustine’s looking this year?

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Churchie will have had a Camp in the days beforehand so I wouldn't think they would make any decisions until then and will likely use it as a testing ground for a range of players. But overall I would say they would put a pretty competitive team out as they have quite a bit of depth regardless of who they play

JamesPapallo

Stan Wickham (3)
It’s a trial so I wouldn’t read too much into it. Churchie normally have a big squad which includes the best of there U15 and U16 cohort from the previous year involved (not too dis-similar to most schools) just to give them a taste of the training intensity during the pre-season and then a few early trial runs playing against older boys! Come the start of the GPS season, I’m expecting Churchie to be competing for the premiership based on the boys back from last year now Year 12 and a few boys who were involved in the 2nd XV and Qld U15 and U16 squads respectively last year. How is St Augustine’s looking this year?
Ok good to know our finalised squad will be good, likewise with Churchies we are still trialing boys but overall we are looking pretty good.

GPS_Rugby_Lover1978

Frank Row (1)
Hi All, boy im bloody well excited for what should be an electric and tantalising GPS 2023 rugby season. What’s my early prediction you all might ask? I back the Normanby blues to be the under dogs of the comp because they got that dawg in them. In a great saying it’s not about the size of the dog in the fight it’s about the size of the fight in the dog. I do acknowledge that churchie, nudgee and TSS have great sides as well but HEE wiz Bring on winter and bring on schoolboy rugby :))) what everyone else’s opinion?

Lammy

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi All, boy im bloody well excited for what should be an electric and tantalising GPS 2023 rugby season. What’s my early prediction you all might ask? I back the Normanby blues to be the under dogs of the comp because they got that dawg in them. In a great saying it’s not about the size of the dog in the fight it’s about the size of the fight in the dog. I do acknowledge that churchie, nudgee and TSS have great sides as well but HEE wiz Bring on winter and bring on schoolboy rugby :))) what everyone else’s opinion?
Think the comp.is wide open this year with it possible to make a case for almost any school to be a contender...with the distinct exception of BGS. They haven't fielded an A team in this year's age group since 2018 so think there is very little chance of them being competitive at all.