• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS 2023

TheGhostWhoWalks

Allen Oxlade (6)
Nudgee should be hard to beat next year. They have the Reds U16’s 8-13 to pick from amongst others. A couple of older boys who are going into year 12 who got some first XV time under their belts this year.

TheRugbyGuru

Frank Row (1)
I heard a rumour that Sam Fludder could be a good shot for Terrace this year, would love to know if this is true or not.

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
Lets hope the over hype for gps schoolboy rugby get curtailed a bit.
FFS it is only an 8 match season with a bye round. Maybe a couple of trials thrown in or a tour.

Wombat70

Allen Oxlade (6)
Lets hope the over hype for gps schoolboy rugby get curtailed a bit.
FFS it is only an 8 match season with a bye round. Maybe a couple of trials thrown in or a tour.
It’s amusing when people with far more important things to do than read and write in columns like this - read and write in columns like this.

TheRugbyGuru

Frank Row (1)
Any news on the new Terrace coach would love to hear who it is I am also more then welcome to step in if needed as I knew broady very well back from my school boy rugby days. So I could potentially offer a similar coaching style that would definitely bring the prem home LOL

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Any news on the new Terrace coach would love to hear who it is I am also more then welcome to step in if needed as I knew broady very well back from my school boy rugby days. So I could potentially offer a similar coaching style that would definitely bring the prem home LOL
I’m sure you are great candidate…
Hearing Adrian Thompson will take the reins. Any truth to this?

Footy Frederick

Frank Row (1)
Another Year, Another season, Another Green and Gold Forum to discuss the best in the elite private school rugby competition, The Greater Public Schools.

After the roller-coaster season of 2022, I anxiously count my sleeps till 2:15PM Week 1 Saturday Term 3 as we see former power houses like Toia and Munn to see the new young guns fill their shoes.

After rewatching each 2022 Game 3 times each, you really start to understand the basic building blocks of each schools coaching foundations that are reflected on the field. Whils watching all these minutes thanks to Cluch TV, one can only wonder what 2023 will bring.

The offseason chatter Ive heard is something im keen to get answers on especially the new Terrace Coach Thompson. After looking at the return of Sua, a new coach will really need to get the Red and Blacks Forward Pack going strong, but lets hope the backs do their part unlike 2022.

Churchie seems to be strong as ever as I heard they kick training back up in Term 4 and Rugby is year round for the Blue and Gold.

The Blue and White seems business as usual and Ipswich looks to struggle enormously this year with 2022 standout Israel stepping down from the GPS arena.

Im yet to hear much on the country and beach boys but am sure they will remain tough as nails.

Overall, as we anticipate an action-packed 9 round competition, I hope the discussion remains interesting.

Yours truly,
Frederick

Rugby_Lover10

Bob McCowan (2)
Another Year, Another season, Another Green and Gold Forum to discuss the best in the elite private school rugby competition, The Greater Public Schools.

After the roller-coaster season of 2022, I anxiously count my sleeps till 2:15PM Week 1 Saturday Term 3 as we see former power houses like Toia and Munn to see the new young guns fill their shoes.

After rewatching each 2022 Game 3 times each, you really start to understand the basic building blocks of each schools coaching foundations that are reflected on the field. Whils watching all these minutes thanks to Cluch TV, one can only wonder what 2023 will bring.

The offseason chatter Ive heard is something im keen to get answers on especially the new Terrace Coach Thompson. After looking at the return of Sua, a new coach will really need to get the Red and Blacks Forward Pack going strong, but lets hope the backs do their part unlike 2022.

Churchie seems to be strong as ever as I heard they kick training back up in Term 4 and Rugby is year round for the Blue and Gold.

The Blue and White seems business as usual and Ipswich looks to struggle enormously this year with 2022 standout Israel stepping down from the GPS arena.

Im yet to hear much on the country and beach boys but am sure they will remain tough as nails.

Overall, as we anticipate an action-packed 9 round competition, I hope the discussion remains interesting.

Yours truly,
Frederick
I have heard many different opinions that the red and black will be favorites heading into the 2023 season. While Churchie and NC also are looking very strong.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)

Yours truly,
Frederick
I assume when you say the Blue and Gold, you mean the Blue and Grey ie Churchie? The Blue and Gold is TGS and I doubt whether they would treat rugby as "year round".

NukeNoot

Frank Row (1)
I've heard through the grape vine that there is a new up and comer coming through the ranks at TSS by the name of Billy Tonkin. I believe he will be playing at inside centre which will be huge boots to fill after having Jye Gray there previously. Which I have heard he is up to the task with. Some compare him to a bigger, more robust and more defensively aggressive version of Jack Hocking the IGS 10 last year. It will be interesting to see how he shapes up against some of the premier inside centres in the competition this year such as Dre Pakeho etc. It will be good to see if he can give them a bit of a run for their money.

junglecat

Frank Row (1)
I have heard word of this also, heard he's been tearing up for the Burleigh Bears in the Mal Maninga Cup, he definitely seems like a perfect replacement for Jye Gray maybe even more of an impact player with his size, I'm looking forward for the match up against Churchie in round 6 with TSS big centre pair against Churchies!