• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Can't seem to find the teams anywhere, I imagine they will be posted tonight. Shocked to see Bougoure down in GPS 3, the backrow for GPS 1 must be awesome. I'll put a wager on it being Fitzgerald, Gunn and Oppenheimer.
Oppenheimer is in GPS 2.

From what I recall, Pleash, Postal and Sikimeti are the GPS 1 front row. 10 is Eason. 15 is Greene. Ioane on one wing. Dan Preen is in GPS 3.

Steve Pierce

Stan Wickham (3)
y
BBC
1.Jake Sutton
2.Jackson French
3.Alex Apelle
4.James Thomson
5.Texas McLovin
6.Hugo Ravensburg
7.Jay Ovenbeck
8.Lachlen Mcshaw
9.Michael Dyring
10.Mark Davids
11.Julian Oost
12.Steven Bailey
13.Yin Xing
14. Nicholas Mcbryde
15.Tim Ackley
your full of crap mate, pretty sure thats not the BBC rugby team!

Steve Pierce

Stan Wickham (3)
These are the GPS teams that have been selected from the past trials for 2012.

GPS 1

1. A. Pleash (IGS)
2. F Postal (NC)
3. D. Sikimeti (NC)
4. P.Potgieter (TGS)
5. D. Findlay-Hannaway (TSS)
6. M. Gunn (ACGS)
7. B. Hood (BBC)
8. J. Fakaosilea (BBC)
9. A. Deck (TGS)
10. D. Eason (ACGS)
11. M. Ioane (ACGS)
12. J. Tuttle (NC)
13. N. Tanuvasa (ACGS)
14. N. Fiela (TSS)
15. S. Greene (BGS)

GPS 2

1. B. Tarr (TSS)
2. A. Mafi (NC)
3. G. Wessels (NC)
4. J. Cornelson (BGS)
5. A. Korcysc (BSHS)
6. L. Papworth (TSS)
7. H. Fitsgerald (NC)
8. L. Oppenheimer (ACGS)
9. V. Quigley (ACGS)
10. J. Dalgliesh (GT)
11. B. Collins (BBC)
12. B. Hartley (TGS)
13. M. Tela (IGS)
14. G. Kallel (BBC)
15. T. Banks (BBC)

GPS 3

1. L. Harlow (GT)
2. C. Blackhurst (BGS)
3. L. Takau (IGS)
4. D. Preen (IGS)
5. A. Stevens (TGS)
6. A. Minenko (TGS)
7. S. Bougoure (TGS)
8. E. Tuifao (NC)
9. J. Tuttle (NC)
10. M. Third (TSS)
11. L. Radford (BGS)
12. L. Tibbets (BSHS)
13. C. Quick (BBC)
14. V. Cooney (TSS)
15. J. Bowen (BBC)

These are the GPS teams.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Jesus, the BBC backline is going to be exceptional if those teams are anything to go by.

Surprised not to see MacMillan (ACGS), Ivy (TGS) or Anae (NC) there anywhere. That GPS 3 team looks stronger than the GPS 2 team, particularly in the backs. Thirdd, Radford, Tibbetts and Cooney are all standouts IMO.

Knockers

Ward Prentice (10)
Teams look pretty good. Ridiculous how Nudgee have hookers in GPS 1 and 2. Dalgleish should be GPS 1 with the way he trialed.

sniper22

Bob McCowan (2)
It's funny how Jack Tuttle and Nili Fielea made a GPS team, when they didn't actually play?! That honestly just shows that these teams were automatically chosen, prior to the trials on Saturday...I don't see the point in trials if you're only going to get picked on where your name was, last year or if you made a representative team previously.

Steve Pierce

Stan Wickham (3)
Jesus, the BBC backline is going to be exceptional if those teams are anything to go by.

Surprised not to see MacMillan (ACGS), Ivy (TGS) or Anae (NC) there anywhere. That GPS 3 team looks stronger than the GPS 2 team, particularly in the backs. Thirdd, Radford, Tibbetts and Cooney are all standouts IMO.
yes i have to agree, The BBC first xv will be really strong this year after what i seen on the weekend. I was particularaly shocked that Conrad Quick and Joshua Bowen were selected for GPS 3. But these are the legit GPS teams.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
There are some quality locks around this year, the favourite is all the way down in GPS 3 and the other two Queensland U16 representatives are in GPS 2. It's hard not to question the selectors decisions but there are certainly a few head scratches going on right now.

My GPS team's summary:
-BBC have been repaid for years of missing out and would certainly have to be among the title favourites based on representatives. Perhaps they are overrepresented, I would argue so, but you can't doubt they have some quality players there. Depth will certainly be an issue but with their back three they will be able to cause serious damage and points won't be an issue, question mark will be over their 9 & 10 and could be their Achilles heel when they come up against quality backs. I'll give them a top 4 finish, possibly even 1st if a few results go their way.
- NC have dominated the forwards but look weak in the backs with the exception of the Tuttle bros. They have plenty of representatives but not the spread that they would want, backs could be a real issue if Tuttle's injury is as bad as first thought. I can't see them winning it but a top 3 finish is realistic.
- ACGS seem to have a solid spine but have nothing in the pigs, they could be in real trouble come scrum time against NC, BBC, TSS and IGS. That being said, their 9-10 combination is the best in the competition and their back row looks lethal. Still the team to beat based on depth and number of GPS 1 representatives, anything other than 1st would be considered an unsuccessful season.
- TGS look well rounded but lack any real threats in the outside backs, they are the darkhorse team for mine. Will dominate lesser teams in the breakdown but will have their work cut out for them against ACGS, NC and BBC. They will need to find a solid 10 in the trials and quickly. Top 4 team in my opinion and on their day could go as high as 2nd.
- GT have increased from 1 GPS representative in 2011 to 5 but still don't look title contenders. Other than Dalgleish they lack any real stars in the back line and will probably struggle to score as many points as others. I like the quality in the forwards though and blokes like Mellor and Harlow can't be underestimated. I still can't see them finishing above 7th.
- IGS look real shaky apart from Pleash and Tela, although we do know Preen and Takau can single-handedly take teams apart. I won't write them off just yet but they will be heavily relying on Hayes and Tela to set up their outside backs. Points could be an issue, not to mention the lack of a 9-10 combination and no real dominant player present at the breakdowns. I'd have them in the fight for the spoon probably between 6-8, they will string a few wins together.
- BGS have real quality in the back three and a few standouts in the forwards but could be in for a long season. We all know Greene won't miss with the boot but they could struggle to get points on the board through the midfield and their pigs aren't really setting the world on fire. Cornelson could arguably be higher, so too Radford and Blackhurst. Real quality players. They could probably finish as high as 5th and as low as 8th.
- TSS have really mounted their case as title contenders and I think they could probably have a few guys higher up in those teams, particularly Third and Cooney. They look well rounded and have an established 10 and midfield combination, will really need Tarr to hold the scrum together though. I'd have them between 4th-7th as a few injuries could really derail their season.
- BSHS should feel disapointed with just 1 player in the first two teams, no surprise it is their captain. Only 3 blokes will pull on GPS rep jerseys and that has to be a worry for their title ambitions. They have a real tendency to fall off if a few early results don't go their way and we could see the demise of BSHS rugby this year if they mentally don't show up early on. It will be a long season for them and based on the rep teams, they will be down the bottom of the table come round 9, that's not to say they won't get a win or two and they could quite easily finish between 5th-8th.

9. BSHS
8. GT
7. IGS
6. BGS
5. TSS
4. TGS
2. NC
2. BBC
1. ACGS

something

Jim Clark (26)
- BGS have real quality in the back three and a few standouts in the forwards but could be in for a long season. We all know Greene won't miss with the boot but they could struggle to get points on the board through the midfield and their pigs aren't really setting the world on fire. Cornelson could arguably be higher, so too Radford and Blackhurst. Real quality players. They could probably finish as high as 5th and as low as 8th.

Completely agree with you light on where they will finish, however, Greene will almost certainly play 10 for grammar even though he is the GPS1 15, and the league's Aiono & Birch + winger/full back Radford will all be outside him. I'd say they have a bit of fire power in the back line.

zacf01

Stan Wickham (3)
It's funny how Jack Tuttle and Nili Fielea made a GPS team, when they didn't actually play?! That honestly just shows that these teams were automatically chosen, prior to the trials on Saturday.I don't see the point in trials if you're only going to get picked on where your name was, last year or if you made a representative team previously.

Ridiculous comment re Jack Tuttle, i believe he didnt trial due to injury which has been a dispensation throughout the years for players. As one of the top 3 players nation wide at the National U16s last year and playing Australia A schoolboys as a Year 11 student i am sure he is entitled to some leeway.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Agree zac - Being from south of the Tweed I have never seen Tuttle play for his school, but he is one of the best U/16 players I have ever seen.

That doesn't mean that he is going to good in the Opens, or after he leaves school, but if there has ever been a player who deserves to be picked for GPS Ones based on national U/16 form from the previous year, when he is presently injured, it is Jack.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Terrace plays its first game for the year this weekend, back home at Tennyson (vs. ACGS).
Any other trial games this weekend?

sniper22

Bob McCowan (2)
Ridiculous comment re Jack Tuttle, i believe he didnt trial due to injury which has been a dispensation throughout the years for players. As one of the top 3 players nation wide at the National U16s last year and playing Australia A schoolboys as a Year 11 student i am sure he is entitled to some leeway.

sniper22

Bob McCowan (2)
If you were a literate person, that comment was regarding, the issue of the word TRIAL?! Jack Tuttle is a great player and will probably take the captaincy.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
sniper22

I consider myself to be reasonably literate yet I got the sense that you could have meant that Tuttle and the other fellow should not have been picked because they didn't trial.

Now that I know what you meant, could you not see a case whereby Tuttle (and the other fellow who I don't know) could have been picked on last year's form, but that the trials would be useful to select the remainder of the GPS squads? Maybe it was because you overlooked this factor that we were led to think what we thought.

But more to the point: once you realised that zacf01 had misinterpreted what you wrote, shouldn't you have been more polite in pointing it out instead of being rude by implying he was not literate?

Sure, he made the remark "ridiculous comment" and that probably got up your nose and you hit back, but it was probably better not to do so.

PS - I apologise to you for agreeing with zacf01 because I misinterpreted what you wrote.

C

churr

From a TSS front I am suprised not too see Sam Clifton or Evander Guttenbiel make any of the teams but oh well, and am shocked to see than Vincent Cooney has only made GPS 3 but in saying that i still believe he will earn himself a QLD jumper. Great to see James Tuttle and Alex Mafi in the teams, 2 of the states best u16s

zacf01

Stan Wickham (3)
sniper22

I consider myself to be reasonably literate yet I got the sense that you could have meant that Tuttle and the other fellow should not have been picked because they didn't trial.

Now that I know what you meant, could you not see a case whereby Tuttle (and the other fellow who I don't know) could have been picked on last year's form, but that the trials would be useful to select the remainder of the GPS squads? Maybe it was because you overlooked this factor that we were led to think what we thought.

But more to the point: once you realised that zacf01 had misinterpreted what you wrote, shouldn't you have been more polite in pointing it out instead of being rude by implying he was not literate?

Sure, he made the remark "ridiculous comment" and that probably got up your nose and you hit back, but it was probably better not to do so.

PS - I apologise to you for agreeing with zacf01 because I misinterpreted what you wrote.

I second the apology as i read it the way Lee Grant did. However whatever sport you chose there are always a minority of spots already selected due to standout performers and the trials are ther to give the rest the best chance of selection to complete the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.