• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

funkman3838

Churchie has not failed yet, as they have not loss a single game yet this year, so how can it be a failure?
i was referring to all sports, it was claimed that they were to win every event, ludicrous i know but i guess terrace throws just as much self-righteous banter

I am very far from being a student and stated it was a trial with both sides not fielding best teams. My thoughts early pre season was that Churchie would be a mile in front with such an impressive playing list and depth of talent. No teams should be getting close. I have now seen them play the Suncorp games and Terrace trial and Churchie just don't seem to be executing anywhere near what I expected.

This can only be putting pressure on the Churchie programme and I now think the premiership race is very wide open. It may make it one of the most interesting seasons for a long time.

On another note, it seems returning back to the Tennyson playing fields and a review of the sports programmes may be paying early dividends for the school.

Great point^ if todays game says nothing for terrace, it says alot about churchie's program

R

ruggersbrah

terrace's first actual rugby game, with a clean sweep through the lower ages and a win in the 2nds, the narrow loss in the firsts was at the back end of 4 penalties and ended with the yellow card of the terrace flanker due to a push in the back, pretty bad reffing if you ask me, both teams were missing 3 key players, with churchie missing seb, sheepy and nigel, terrace also were missing a prop, and a wing, as well as the number 8 being dropped to the 16a's due to discipline, looks like terrace will be up the top end of the ladder as churchie beat tss and drew with nudgee at suncorp and have had numerous games prior to this,

Looks like a good centenary for churchie rugby.....

F

footy12

IGS took the win over BBC by a couple of tries. Not entirely sure what the final score was

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
R.e. the Churchie vs Terrace game, the number 8 'dropped' made little impact in the 16's and when Terrace got desperate put him on the field with no effect. Terrace never had a try disallowed. Churchie were missing georgiou, quigley, tanuvasa, sheppard, west and Hyne (playing firsts soccer, although not a certain starter for them) and their supposed weakness in the tight five produced the 4 tightheads and the teams only points.
Nudgee were always going to beat State High, Grammar vs downloads dosen't really mean much but the intersting result is BBC vs IGS. That could potentially show where those two teams are heading this year and if anyone watched this gae it would be great to know how both teams went. And to whoever said BBC have a weak forward pack. wake up mate, Sala, Lawless, Stewart Front Row (lawless and stewart last years 1st XV) with Hood and Fakaosillia in the backrow is not a weak forward pack.
Casey95, you might wanna get your facts straight. The number 8 (Sitanelli) scored 2 tries in the 16s and was nearly impossible to tackle. While terrace was converting, I was about 5 metres away from the churchie huddle and they were whining to eachother about how hard it was to tackle him. So "little impact" doesn't seem appropriate. Terrace did have a try disallowed, 4th quarter James Dalgleish kicked it over and chased through, the ball was inside the touch line (the linesman called it) but the ref didnt see. Terrace was missing O'rourke, Wilson and Larosa had to come off.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
R.e. the Churchie vs Terrace game, the number 8 'dropped' made little impact in the 16's and when Terrace got desperate put him on the field with no effect. Terrace never had a try disallowed. Churchie were missing georgiou, quigley, tanuvasa, sheppard, west and Hyne (playing firsts soccer, although not a certain starter for them) and their supposed weakness in the tight five produced the 4 tightheads and the teams only points.
Nudgee were always going to beat State High, Grammar vs downloads dosen't really mean much but the intersting result is BBC vs IGS. That could potentially show where those two teams are heading this year and if anyone watched this gae it would be great to know how both teams went. And to whoever said BBC have a weak forward pack. wake up mate, Sala, Lawless, Stewart Front Row (lawless and stewart last years 1st XV) with Hood and Fakaosillia in the backrow is not a weak forward pack.
Edit - abusive passage deleted - no more Casey. 1st and last warning

Play the ball not the man mate. Keep this up and you won't last too long around here.

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)

Why are you posting about a game you clearly didn't watch? The number 8 in the 16s ran over the whole churchie forward pack and then showed enough pace to burn the wing

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
Found myself out at the first rugby games out at Tennyson in 2 years today, and what a cracker she was.
Terrace dominated the age group games, winning all the A games apart from the 15A's - pretty impressive considering this was Terrace's first hitout of the year.

The 2nd XV took an impressive victory over Churchie and their supposedly 'wonderful' depth, dominating in the forwards and looking slick in the backs. Star player 'Quade' Fitz-Walter also played admirably at fullback.

Finally, the 1st XV game was marred by some questionable refereeing towards the end of the game - earning the referee comparisons the infamous Bryce Lawrence from some sections of the audience. Tied through the first three quarters and until the last 2 minutes of the last, the much hyped Churchie XV only managed to score points on the unheralded Terrace team when their flanker was sinbinned for 'repeated infringements'. Churchie's halfback should have been sin binned twice, at one point he took the Terrace second rower out of the play and pinned him to the ground for seemingly no reason. While some may make a big deal out of the player's Churchie was missing - West, Quigley, Georgiou and Tanavasa - I don't think this would have made much of a difference. The ball rarely got wide enough for West to have made much of a difference on the wing (Terrace's scrambling defence was excellent), the returning 9/10 combo of Eason/Watson played well enough to be more than capable of handling the Terrace halves combination. Seb Georgiou's absence was probably the most felt, his go ahead in the forwards in the Suncorp games was missed as the Terrace forwards really had Churchie on the ropes for much of the game. In fact Churchie's set piece play was incredibly lacking, especially considering the number of games they have already played this year. Several lineout balls went astray, at least three were stolen by lanky second rower French, and Terrace's scrum was excellent against Churchie's - especially considering these were Terrace's first live scrums of the year.Terrace's two new lads played reasonably, but the best players from Terrace would have to have been Angus Fowler at 9 and James Dalgleish at 10, as well as big Benny Russell having a solid cameo off the bench. Toby McNamee would have been the pick of the forwards, earning a yellow card for his nuisance making at the breakdown.

Watch out for Terrace in 2012.

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
IGS v BBC, I believe IGS by 7??.
A bit hard to get a clear comparison because both sides mixed their teams up and, importantly, I understand IGS already had a few trials whereas this was BBC's first.
IGS took a good lead early in the 1st third, looked like they might run away with the game. Impressive mauling for a try early on. However, I gave the second third to BBC and the finale third could have gone either way except BBC backs decided to run it out of their red zone and turned over ball leading to a IGS try.
It appeared that both sides put stronger teams on in the last third, if that's the case my impression was the forwards pretty well matched each other ( IGS has some size advantage- is he a man or a mountain!) but BBC covered and & rucked well. Line-outs went either way. The scrums were fairly even, IGS seemed to lack a bit of depth at the front, whereas BBC appear to be developing a few reasonable front rowers- mobile as well.
IGS had some very good power up the middle but well covered by BBC. BBC's backs look potent but still a bit rusty.

C

Casey95

Dort Muff,

Didn't see the game, but you would have to expect the standouts to be their centres and 10/15 Sam Greene

D

Dort Muff

Yeah that's true, any word on where that big fella Lakhem or however you spell it is playing?

C

Casey95

Bowside, mate their is nothing abusive in what I said, it's just a bit of a joke that an apparent adult is going sit behind his keyboard and ridicule kids.
Anyway, Churchie's lineout was a worry throughout the game, their just seemed to be some confusion from boys shuffling their positions. Their scrum stood up well considering their was new faces at 4 and 5/6 as gunn moved into the second row to cover injuries and performed far better than it did at suncorp winning 3-4 tightheads against a larger pack with fresh legs throughout the game

as for Lakhem, as damaging an 8 as he is, I think they are playing him a 12, with birch at 13 which isn't going to be the most enjoyable day for the centre pairings coming up against them.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
i guess we can say that this weekend really has turned around a lot of speculation for what the GPS season had in stall for us all.
GT- obviously seen as an underrated team that had a good day yesterday coming out with a narrow loss to a team who is supposed to be shoe in for premiers....
ACGS- definitely missing a few key players but that is no excuse for the poor play they had yesterday. went into the game like last year arrogant and only managed to score when terrace had 14 on the field. should have been a draw or even a win for terrace with james dalgleish's disallowed try, but i won't make a big deal of that as you just have to deal with what the referee says and thats life, too others on here please don't complain about it as it makes you no better than NSW after origin I.

IGS beating BBC is very surprising but good too hear that the ippy boys can get over a team who have 4 or 5 new players this year, just love hearing that!

BGS only narrowly beating Downlands is also a surprise, would have expected much more from the light dark blue boys..... downlands had a terrible 16's team and very few players in the firsts, i guess that the cold must have gotten to them.

NC defeating BSHS however was predictable, as IMO i see state high as definitely the weakest of the GPS schools this year. Nudgee still favourite for premiers IMO

TSS v TGS result please? i predict that TGS got up

D

Dort Muff

Looks to be a tight season. I'll be pleased to see how it turns out. What are the match ups for next weekend?

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Bowside, mate their is nothing abusive in what I said, it's just a bit of a joke that an apparent adult is going sit behind his keyboard and ridicule kids.
Anyway, Churchie's lineout was a worry throughout the game, their just seemed to be some confusion from boys shuffling their positions. Their scrum stood up well considering their was new faces at 4 and 5/6 as gunn moved into the second row to cover injuries and performed far better than it did at suncorp winning 3-4 tightheads against a larger pack with fresh legs throughout the game

as for Lakhem, as damaging an 8 as he is, I think they are playing him a 12, with birch at 13 which isn't going to be the most enjoyable day for the centre pairings coming up against them.

fresh legs from terrace? one player came on and that was daniel sitileni and i wouldn't consider saying he was fresh legs as he played and entire game in the 16A's with numerous half field runs, he was defiantly not fresh.

As for churchie's lineout man that needs some work, throwing was atrocious not the fault of jumpers at all.

also schafer and nigel will defiantly be superior to the grammar centres no doubt.

D

Dort Muff

Monty Ioane had a ripper of a game. Fending the GT inside centre so hard it caused him to start coughing up blood.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Monty Ioane had a ripper of a game. Fending the GT inside centre so hard it caused him to start coughing up blood.

yes definitely a great player, but unfortunately for him yesterday was all about the forwards, but defiantly a great player who has hopefully has a good year and could even have a spot in the Aus schoolboy jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.