• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
From what i have heard there coach Mark Stevenson is one of the worst coaches in the GPS. Why would BBC hire him if he coached Terrace to a season last year that didn't consist of a win?

mate last years results from terrace cannot truly reflect mark Stevenson as a coach no player took him seriously and they gave up after game one he has coached many premiership sides with numerous sides but these sides usually consist of outstanding players like Quade Cooper and David Pockock in Churchies 2005 premiership

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
After reading some of the 'garbage' posted on this page by Gregory Terrace boys and the language displayed from the 'Brave Game' Facebook page, the Terrace boys should be ashamed.

Although i didn't see the full game today, BGS back row was outstanding with Saunders and Wenck in every ruck. The IGS pack although contains size, lacks technique. Pleash and Preene were standouts if i have my numbers right, while the prop who would be one of the biggest players in the GPS competition was useless at scrum time and clearly didn't suit the position. It should also be noticed the boys from Spring Hill's star player Lahkem Aioni was still 'injured'. Overall opinions were that BGS will be competitive this year and could very much push for a top 4 position, while IGS has a few big time players, but play as individuals not a team

Mate, please keep this school boy "garbage" as you would say it outside of this forums. It is obvious that you are a student of Brisbane Grammar engorged in the rivalry between terrace. What grabage has been posted on this website? I totally agree that after the terrace churchie game that there was an overemphasis on the win, but that was to be expected. After all it from a dismall performance in 2011, they needed a bit of optimism. What is posted on the "brave game" facebook page?

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mate, please keep this school boy "garbage" as you would say it outside of this forums. It is obvious that you are a student of Brisbane Grammar engorged in the rivalry between terrace. What grabage has been posted on this website? I totally agree that after the terrace churchie game that there was an overemphasis on the win, but that was to be expected. After all it from a dismall performance in 2011, they needed a bit of optimism. What is posted on the "brave game" facebook page?
This week all that was posted on the wall was a team list

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
mate last years results from terrace cannot truly reflect mark Stevenson as a coach no player took him seriously and they gave up after game one he has coached many premiership sides with numerous sides but these sides usually consist of outstanding players like Quade Cooper and David Pockock in Churchies 2005 premiership
Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure mark Stevenson was the coach of the 2009 terrace team which consisted of Matt Lucas (Aus u20), Liam Gill (Reds) and Lachlan Marranta (Broncos) but failed to place I am pretty sure they would be considered by most as outstanding players

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure mark Stevenson was the coach of the 2009 terrace team which consisted of Matt Lucas (Aus u20), Liam Gill (Reds) and Lachlan Marranta (Broncos) but failed to place I am pretty sure they would be considered by most as outstanding players

this is true that was an exceptional year which definitely should have finished 1st or 2nd but had some games go against them. He has been quite a successfull coach from what I have heard lots of experience.

kickbackkid

Allen Oxlade (6)
this is true that was an exceptional year which definitely should have finished 1st or 2nd but had some games go against them. He has been quite a successfull coach from what I have heard lots of experience.
He may have been a great coach for other schools but I blame him for terrace not winning the premiership that year. The worst thing about that season was that terrace got blown out by nudgee when terrace had a much better side. I also forgot Con Foley (Aus u20)

T

theonceblueandwhite

with players like maranta, gill, lucas, foley et al going through the ranks of terrace, it's surprising they haven't got a premiership since 04. can't just blame coaches though.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
that team also had 2 year 11's that followed up in Australia A teams the following year but their biggest loss was Logan Wade an excellent fullback that decided to dedicate himself in his baseball as a member of the Australian team at the time. but I don't think it's fair to blaim Mark Stevenson for this he can't go out on the field and play for them

T

theonceblueandwhite

that team also had 2 year 11's that followed up in Australia A teams the following year but their biggest loss was Logan Wade an excellent fullback that decided to dedicate himself in his baseball as a member of the Australian team at the time. but I don't think it's fair to blaim Mark Stevenson for this he can't go out on the field and play for them
yea and i think the whole terrace scholarship saga with the courier mail kicked in around 2010. would've been a tough time for the players

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
TSS 22 - 19 over ACGS, brilliant quality with both teams playing well, expect both these teams to do well this year. TSS were not full strength but Churchie looked to have all big guns on deck. interesting

Attachments

• P6160723 (Large).JPG
    P6160723 (Large).JPG
    140 KB · Views: 723
  • P6160730 (Large).JPG
    P6160730 (Large).JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 530
  • P6160731 (Large).JPG
    P6160731 (Large).JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 441
  • P6160733 (Large).JPG
    P6160733 (Large).JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 433
  • P6160734 (Large).JPG
    P6160734 (Large).JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 431
  • P6160738 (Large).JPG
    P6160738 (Large).JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 444
  • P6160743 (Large).JPG
    P6160743 (Large).JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 426
  • P6160756 (Large).JPG
    P6160756 (Large).JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 422
  • P6160755 (Large).JPG
    P6160755 (Large).JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 400
  • P6160752 (Large).JPG
    P6160752 (Large).JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 434

interested68

Bob McCowan (2)
Not surprised with any of the results on the weekend.

From what I gathered from the forum, terrace had some attacking flare despite lacking dagleish. Obviously defense was a bit of a problem. They must have struggled controlling those fiery bbc backs. Solid result for gt so should build some confidence for there next trial against nudgie.

TSS vs acgs doesn't surprise be at all. Acgs are really lacking cohesiveness and just simply are not playing to their full potential. Obviously TSS took a lot away from the last few weeks and are using their primary assets( enormous forward pack) to their advantage.

Does anyone know how the TSS backs shaped up against churches?

Did nc play this week also?

Nudgee 37 v Downlands 5. I bet Nudgee know that they played a game yesterday. Although not full strength without Tuttle and co, very slick backs that made the most of every Downlands mistake, which unfortunately there were a few unforced ones. Downlands would have had the most territory but Nudgee were patient and reacted outstandingly. Very physical game, but no crap. THATS rugby, not what happened with Terrace and BBC.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
I believe that the BBC GT fight errupted from the dirty play from all members of the BBC team who were obviously playing this way to get in their heads and it worked however leading to a send off didn't help them at all. Suprised that Nudgee didn't thump Downlands a bit more. Has James Tuttle returned and when will Will Shippley and Jack Tuttle be back?

interested68

Bob McCowan (2)
I believe that the BBC GT fight errupted from the dirty play from all members of the BBC team who were obviously playing this way to get in their heads and it worked however leading to a send off didn't help them at all. Suprised that Nudgee didn't thump Downlands a bit more. Has James Tuttle returned and when will Will Shippley and Jack Tuttle be back?

All three were listed in the program but Inside Centre Tuttle certainly didnt play. If it was Shipperley at outside centre he played strongly without being outstanding. Sorry, dont know the current crop of players by sight yet.

interested68

Bob McCowan (2)
Word on the street one Nudgee follower had a five thousand dollar bet that they wouldnt lose a match against Downlands on the weekend. Wonder if he has to pay 3 x $5000?

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
Word on the street one Nudgee follower had a five thousand dollar bet that they wouldnt lose a match against Downlands on the weekend. Wonder if he has to pay 3 x $5000?

please tell me this isn't true betting in GPS will completely destroy the competition. if it is true that is disgraceful absolutely disgraceful

T

theonceblueandwhite

Nudgee 37 v Downlands 5. I bet Nudgee know that they played a game yesterday. Although not full strength without Tuttle and co, very slick backs that made the most of every Downlands mistake, which unfortunately there were a few unforced ones. Downlands would have had the most territory but Nudgee were patient and reacted outstandingly. Very physical game, but no crap. THATS rugby, not what happened with Terrace and BBC.
the Terrace BBC game was no crap. It was a tough game for both sides, with Terrace fighting a strong comeback, an instrumental comeback in fact, in an attempt to write history this year...over the last few years they have been embarrassed on the paddock and they are certainly moving forward from what i can gather. They've got a tour down to sydney and canberra from what i've heard on facebook so it'll be interesting to see how they go. And bring back the biff i say. can't be acting like the rugby police either mate, as Jack Colley would say.

T

theonceblueandwhite

From what I know of Jack Colley he's a fan of a nice clean game of footy, no nonsense.
surprised colley didn't make the gt 1st 15 also. but nah what's a rugby game without a bit of push and shove. the terrace grammar game is always a bit of a battle of the titans (both residing on gregory tce). Michael Gilbert and Isaac French round 54042023. If you're looking for 'no nonsense', you'll be disappointed.

gtjack

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm not, he's been overrated his entire time at school.

And I think you're a few rounds short in the Gilbert-French battle. It's at least 9999999999999 now.

guildford

Peter Burge (5)
All three were listed in the program but Inside Centre Tuttle certainly didnt play. If it was Shipperley at outside centre he played strongly without being outstanding. Sorry, dont know the current crop of players by sight yet.

Both Tuttle boys may be out for a while. james - knee(again) and jack ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.