• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
I noticed that Big game asked a few pages back regarding a live stream of the terrace nudgee, anyone know if this is possible? Currently overseas

I sent a message to DoubleTakeQld on twitter about a live stream - they are the people who streamed the ACGS games last year. No response yet.

The issue that came up last year was that schools didn't have the network infrastructure to stream the video online, but hopefully there can be some steps taken to get it up.

Am I mistaken in thinking that there was a time where GT v. NC was aired on the ABC? Regardless, I'd love to have it streaming on the web.

Jake Strachan

Frank Row (1)
I sent a message to DoubleTakeQld on twitter about a live stream - they are the people who streamed the ACGS games last year. No response yet.

The issue that came up last year was that schools didn't have the network infrastructure to stream the video online, but hopefully there can be some steps taken to get it up.

Am I mistaken in thinking that there was a time where GT v. NC was aired on the ABC? Regardless, I'd love to have it streaming on the web.

Mate, school education has gone down the drain, and so have all the funds. Ruddy has used all the money towards other things, live streaming is not really an option for schools like these.

Rugby for GPS will not be aired until 2016.

terraceoldboy

Bob McCowan (2)
Serge Panochinni, key player for Brisbane state high has been dropped this week.

big loss for brisbane state high, but i think they will move blake ford to fly half and push the rest of the backs out one

the versitility of blake ford doesnt end there, if they needed he could play fullback and move liam to the wing

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mate, school education has gone down the drain, and so have all the funds. Ruddy has used all the money towards other things, live streaming is not really an option for schools like these.

Rugby for GPS will not be aired until 2016.
Go away you're ruining the thread. Churchie live stream every home game, although there were some technical difficulties last weekend. All schools with their sporting grounds on campus can accommodate it, they have the connection. I also know that BBC and tgs matches are filmed and available for sale the week after. Id pay money to get that stream, I'm sure a lot of people would too

gngfiend

Allen Oxlade (6)
I
I remember when Paddy Welch Channel 7 sports news used to
give us GPS rugby reports every Saturday night.
The NC - Terrace rugby match was always a highlight of the season.
Id suspect that the nudgee av crew could coordinate something. If the demand was shown to chapman and hanly, they might assist. Back in the day you could watch prem grade rugby on the abc, good times

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
NC v GT match schedule

ScreenHunter_001.jpg

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Amazed that the reporting of GPS games was allowed to cease under Rugby's nose. IMO schoolboy rugby is rugby in its purist form and is amazing to watch.

the games being recorded are a good thing and IMO it's a disappointing step back from last year that the highlights are not available.

oldref

Bob McCowan (2)
Some may argue player safety is the main issue around the forfeit if the B team is weak and not physically capable of playing another schools A team.
Can't see this being a reasonable excuse for NC given most of their B teams would smash most of the other schools A teams.
Agree with other posters that they should just pick their best teams available and play thru the grades.
I havent seen any sympathy from NC in the past when their B, C, D etc teams are smashing schools like BBC, BGS, IGS (admittedly not Ds) etc by 80+.

According to the QRRA appointments, NC v GT is not the only u15A game that is not on this weekend. IGS v TGS and Downlands v ACGS are also not on. The other games TSS v BSHS and BBC v BGS are on

oldref

Bob McCowan (2)
G'day Lightbulb. Nah sorry m8 I was a bit consumed late in the last season by exams - gotta get that OP score down. But good chat nonetheless. Nice to see Churchie getting back on their feet after that most fateful 100th year.

Me and spikky hazza are just having some banter - by the way spikhaza your 13E's were quite impressive on the weekend. Tightest the men in red and black have been pushed all season.

Light - play the ball not the man. I'll have you know that I did not crawl out of a hole and I am not a troll - just a good natured chap that enjoys some friendly banter between GPS foes.

I'm taking BBC over BGS, TSS in a snoozer over State High, IGS to squeak past TGS, if they're playing, Downlands to ride the high of their range rivalry win to victory over CEGS, and finally GT to roll over NC.

Best of luck on the weekend lads, except of course to Nudgee

ACGS have pulled out of playing Downlands in 1st XV

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Hey Digby I don't think the number is 7 in the BBC 15A in Met West. Maybe 5.

Given your insight into the BBC 1st XV, what do you think is the cause of them having such poor lineout results.

Ok -5 in Met west + 2 in Peninsular means 7 out of the undefeated BBC 15A side this weekend-and they ARE playing as an A team no matter what.No way Phillpotts would even think about that.As he often say"pick yourself up by the nuts and do it"

As for the lineout -as you saw last week it was a debacle as it has been in every match.The plan was always to have Gunther at 8 and Bronson at 2(as he played in the CSS trials).That is a massive forward pack!But they cannot get them on the field together- so because Saunders cant throw -Bronson has to throw.

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
WTF.Is this 2012 again or 2013? As I just heard BBC this weekend have Captain (Bronson) ,VC (Russell), Xfactor Wilkins ,+Palmer +1 other all out this weekend.
Is Bowen playing in the correct position?.He scores 7 tries last year(the one against TSS and 2 against BSHS were breathtaking) and 1 this year??

Maybe the hatchet will be buried and Mclean will get a run.The try he scored against GT when he came on in 1sts was fantastic(but dont hold your breath)

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
WTF.Is this 2012 again or 2013? As I just heard BBC this weekend have Captain (Bronson) ,VC (Russell), Xfactor Wilkins ,+Palmer +1 other all out this weekend.
Is Bowen playing in the correct position?.He scores 7 tries last year(the one against TSS and 2 against BSHS were breathtaking) and 1 this year??

Maybe the hatchet will be buried and Mclean will get a run.The try he scored against GT when he came on in 1sts was fantastic(but dont hold your breath)

If this is true, BGS are in with a chance of upset win.

Monster

Peter Burge (5)
If this is true, BGS are in with a chance of upset win.

It is true but I will still back the GWB.
McLean will get a run and Quick will play 12 where he is most effective.
Expect McLean to score a few if BBC can create a little bit of space.
The lineout is the main concern. Saunders seemed to mangle some calls last week even tho he didnt play with headgear!
Old Boys day should drive the GWB home. Bowyer couldnt possibly have two shockers in a row.
Personally I would play him at fullback and play the seconds 10, who has been expertly guiding them to 4 wins from 5.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)

Not true.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
lineup to play BGS at BBC on their old boys day!

1. Benroy Sala
2. Brad Saunders
3. Luke Peterson
4. Dyland Leyland
5. Ben Gunter
6. Kareem Tuuga
7. Chirstian Malaulau
8. Bronson Takilupa (C)
9. Max Dempsey
10. Josh Bowyer
11. Sam Edwards
12. Nathan Russel (VC) (still unconfirmed) will be replaced with nanai
13. Conrad quick
14. Jerumi Nanai (if russel is injured McClean will get the call up)
15. Tom Morrison

My view is that BGS will attack strong in the fowards and will be an absolute pest on the ball like they always have, BBC will have to move fast and agressively accross the padock to match BGS.

BBC backs will be all over BGS backs bar 1 or 2 players from BGS. Wilkins out for the season, and Palmer will play 16's for the rest of the season with Gunter and Swain fighting out for the number 5 jersey, most likely Gunter will get it.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hey Digby I don't think the number is 7 in the BBC 15A in Met West. Maybe 5.

Given your insight into the BBC 1st XV, what do you think is the cause of them having such poor lineout results.

They only have 1 jumper... Leyland # 4 maybe if they tried to incorporate swain the only other tall jumper with fairly good skills they'd be much more successful cant just rely on 1 man lineout, especially with an inconsistant throw!

Status
Not open for further replies.