• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Seems like a solid team, any reason why Matt Smit is at 12? couldn't GPS find anyone better than him?
I hear that the 3 GPS teams will play on Friday night and on Saturday. Has anyone got the timetable for the games and who plays who. I hear all the games will be played at Ballymore on the main field. Should be a big crowd for all the boys to play in front of.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
If the Terrace 2 nd xv win more than 4 matches I will,go nude in queen st

Quoted for reference,

I must say having watched them train a few times this year already, I would say the under over would be around 5 so this will be worth following me thinks.

something

Jim Clark (26)
haven't been following the schools this season, how has bgs been going? i noticed that there were hardly any rep players in the qld schoolboy trials

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
haven't been following the schools this season, how has bgs been going? i noticed that there were hardly any rep players in the qld schoolboy trials

They'll battle and won't trouble too many. No 8 and captain probably their best. Physicality lacking in the forwards

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
GPS 1 beat AiC1 by 54to 7
Too big and too strong.
Best on ground was Tuliana (6 from BSHS) closely followed by Hewitt (8 from NC)
Now they are 2 athletes to watch.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
GPS 1 beat AiC1 by 54to 7
Too big and too strong.
Best on ground was Tuliana (6 from BSHS) closely followed by Hewitt (8 from NC)
Now they are 2 athletes to watch.

The big margin this year was not a surprise really.

GPS looks strong this year, whereas AIC was not and it's performance was not helped by a few injuries in the forwards and, in my view, pretty poor selection.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
GPS 3 easily accounted for Chair XV 6 tries to nil. Lots of depth in GPS this year, the Chair XV looked potentially impressive but GPS structures were too good, dominant at the scrum and strong at the breakdown.

Knockon

Bob McCowan (2)
Game 1: GPS III 35 (J.Sokimi, J.Gimpel, Q.Pritchard-Malaki, H.Roycroft, T.Hussey, H.Stewart, Z.Shepard tries) def Chairman’s XV 0

Game 2: GPS I 54 (A.Mafi 2, T.Taulima, R.Hewart, H.Nucifora, A.Horan, C.Pitchard, D.Bender tries, H.Nucifora 5, A.Horan 2 con) def AIC 7 (B.McNulty try, con)

Game 3: GPS II 31 (H.Fox 2, G.Luka, J.Webb, J.Smith tries, E.Pilz 3 con) def CSS 5 (K.Coventry try)

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I went around and had a quick chat to a few players about the games, one of the more interesting ones was Ben Gunter.

Gunters birthday is October 24, 1997. Last year he was playing number 8 at the age of 15 turning 16. If he chooses to repeat, he could play 4 years of First XV Rugby. What an athlete

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
I went around and had a quick chat to a few players about the games, one of the more interesting ones was Ben Gunter.

Gunters birthday is October 24, 1997. Last year he was playing number 8 at the age of 15 turning 16. If he chooses to repeat, he could play 4 years of First XV Rugby. What an athlete
Huge talent TheKing!

I do however believe that after 3 years 1st XV, moving into clubland will be far more beneficial for his development.

Roscoe

Frank Nicholson (4)

That means he turns 19 on the 4th year?

Has he already repeated?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
That means he turns 19 on the 4th year?

Has he already repeated?

Yes, you're right. I assumed he was in the same position as Lakehm Aiono, but Lakehm turned 15 at the start of the U15 Rugby season (April 4), and was 17 turning 18 at the start of his 13th year.

I'm wrong, turns out my maths skills really are as bad as I thought they were.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Tough match at Toowong today .
BBC with 13 out in rep or injury beat TSS 34 to 19 .
12 all at half time .i counted 10 boys from under 16 on the field
BBC boys look very fit. But another bad injury . This time to Palmer.
BBC also won 15 a and 13 A . Not sure about other age groups.
Very impressed with the young under 16 props at BBC

GSP

Fred Wood (13)

And what a great kid . Meat is cheap down Gunnedah way

Status
Not open for further replies.