• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Speaking of tips, anyone want to get the tipping comp going like last year? Was it Jets or Spectator who did it?

Having a look through Easts potential squad, there is going to be some quality players turning out for second grade this year.
Can't take any credit for the Tipping Comp T12, it was all Jets!

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
In regards to Horacio Agulla, I've read he wasn't offered a contract with Lecister because of his likely involvement in the 4 Nations with Argentina, which could explain why he'll try and ply his trade over here around the tournment. Could also be a stepping stone for him gaining at Super Rugby contract somewhere for 2013

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
made it down to bottomly park this aftrnoon premier and 1st grade where cracker matches. Easts look strong but wests i think will be the surprise packet this year. talking to some second grade players i know apparently still more players to come back from injury

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Any results from the weekend? Interested to know how Norths went with all the talk of having a big offseason.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Souths v Norths was cancelled due to condition of the fields at Norths.

Any scores from the other games?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sunnybank were ahead of Brothers when I left in the second half. Score was around 32-14, it was 27-0 at half time.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Also I was planning on running the tipping again this year. Will find a little time over the Easter break to set it all up. I will try and put things in place so that all of the home and away games are available. This will prevent issues when I was away and didn't manage to put the tipping page up.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
made it down to bottomly park this aftrnoon premier and 1st grade where cracker matches. Easts look strong but wests i think will be the surprise packet this year. talking to some second grade players i know apparently still more players to come back from injury
What was the final score TD and who played well for Easts?

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
What was the final score TD and who played well for Easts?

Final score was 7-10 to easts who scored a try nearly at the death to win.

Form players for easts would have had to be the Cox twins. They started a bit slow but sean was like a locomotive just kept getting better and better. Sam was okay but definitely a bit rusty. However as a whole the easts out fit will need to play alot better if they are to have a good tilt for the title. Also there 8 wasn't to bad either

Wests best players had to there no 1,2,8 & 13. the 8 and 13 looked liek they could have been twins but they were immense in attack and defence. 1Wests forwards were immense made the easts scrum look weak at time

Not sure on names but scotty allen might be able to shed some light on who the players are.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Player In's and Out's for 2012

Thought it would be good to have something similar to a thread like the Shute Shield one does.

Easts: Jarrad Buttler (GC), Jack Kimmince (GC), Blake Enever (GC), Sean Cox (GC), Sam Cox (GC), UJ Seutini (High School), Horacio Agulla (Leicester Tigers)?

University: Curtis Browning (Souths), James Ambrosini (Brumbies Academy), Mike Harris (North Habour NZ)

Post other changes, I'm not aware of other team changes.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
What are the trials on this weekend? I know GPS v Sunnybank out at the Bank, 3pm kickoff for Prems.

Should be a good match up in all teams as I've seen and heard about a few new prems players down at GPS and some talent has filtered through to the lower grades.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Norths v Wests @ Hugh Courtney 3.00
Easts v Souths @ Bottomley 3.00
Sunny Coast v Logan @ Stockland 3.30
Bank v GPS @ Biggs 3.00
Filth v Uni @ Crosby 3.15

Get down there if only to watch some good refs plying their trade.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
How good is it to see Club rugby back. Hopefully get some time to wander down to one of the games this arvo.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Watched the Souths v Easts trial at Bottomley this afternoon and I think that some who have written off Souths Magpies this year may be having a rethink. Easts ran out winners 33-24 in extra time but Souths with an almost completely new Premier Grade scored 4 tries against the Tigers full of Academy players and experienced Premier Graders and were across the line twice more to be called back by the ref. for a couple of contentious penalties. Really good first hit out as it was great to get some grassroots Club rugby in 2012.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Uni played the Filth and got up 40-24 after being down 17-12 at halftime, scoring 2 tries in the first half and 4 tries in the second. Apologies for the Uni-centric nature of this review, but I really only watch one team.:oops:

Will Thompson scored a couple of tries and was a standout performer, but particularly impressive was the performance of some fresh-out-of-school Colts. At one time there were 6 players on the field who could line up for Colts this year, and although they looked a little awed in the first half, they looked more settled in the second. Obviously given it was our first trial, we were a little rusty and it was obvious that both sides were trying out some new combinations.

Other results during the day - 2nd grade went down in a close one.

On the Refs - it was great to see former Uni Premier grade stalwart (and captain) Tim Aistrope make his club-rugby (4th game overall) refereeing debut today for the Uni v Brothers fourth grade game. It'd be great to see more high-level players give something back

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I liked the look of some of the combinations in the Easts team. They get them going and they will look sharp.
I recall 4 fairly young academy players out there so 'full of' might be a bit full on!
Souths looked good. Fitness to play a full 80 will see them brining a good contest to their season.
Physical game.

Status
Not open for further replies.