• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It would be great if the Rebels and Force had at least a couple of local products in their EPS's.

You would have to think that the Rebels would have a good look at Rex. I guess the issue is that they aren't really short of 12's. I think he would have to be picked up by someone though. He is class.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It looks something like this. I'm not to sure of a few surnames and depending on a couple of guys outside this group who have injuries that might be fit.

1 MACKAY Buchanan
2 MELLOR Sam
3 KARA Dennym
4 KRIUKELIS James
5 MELTON Gregory
6 AH WONG Nigel
7 POUHILA Michael
8 Longi ?
9 Danny ?
10 TUAMATA Dion
11 TELA Semiti
12 TAPUAI Rex
13 ROUTLEDGE Danny
14 SEIULI Shane
15 FEAUANATI Matt

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tuggeranong won the Australian Club Championship over the weekend with a 47 - 32 win over Sunnybank at Oldmac oval. The Vikings had the better of a young Dragons team at both scrum and lineout time but with this being early in the year you can expect both teams to improve dramatically before their actual seasons proper start.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Can someone tell me when the season starts? I know sides are about to enter into pre-season trials aren't they?

Pretty excited to get down to Bottomely Park to watch many games this season, should be alot of talent on show if you look at the current national academy players that will be running around for different clubs.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Judging by that draw it looks the first round shall be quite epic. Results is some of those games could dictate some clubs seasons. Wests have Uni first up which seems to be a nice cherry on top of the sunday of their previously mentioned trial opponents. Can Scotty Allen give us a insight how things are shaping up for the dogs coming into trial season? Can we expect any non-contracted talent to rise up and make waves like Angus Cottrell did last season? Or does anyone know of some similar type players from their clubs? Jets?
Norths vs GPS is another where Norths are going to have to show some results after what has been a very successful off season recruitment,retention and training wise. I am tipping a tight contest if norths can replicate the same booming end of season form as last season.
Easts vs Brothers is the last big clash East have recruited half the academy and have retained most of last seasons team. So it will interesting to see how they fair against a team which is equally as strong and full with young talents such as Beauchamp,felseman and the murphy's.
Trials leading up to these game swill be certainly interesting....

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
TD the guy I would have my eye on in 2012 is Nigel Ah-Wong. He is currently in the ARU Academy and has played a few games for the Rebel Rising. He is looking more like a Super player every time I see him.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Jets, I have Ah Wong play and he is not to shabby at all but as i have expressed before i am a big fan of Ben Adams (Should be contracted somewhere) and I am very disappointed to hear of his injury. Jets i am keen to hear your opinion on why Rota Setu has not been signed at home or abroad yet surely his feats the last two season are signs of his class and of why he was once top try scorer for St. George Dragons jersey flegg side.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
In regards to Rota Setu, I think it is because he has represented Samoa at some level, therefore would possibly be considered a foreign player. Then again I might be thinking of someone else.

He is definatly in the top 3 or so non-contracted players in the competition, could easily head over to France in the Pro D2 and earn some big money.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I dont think he has had a full international cap. But he definately got a game at Samoa A level in the pacific nations cup. but i do not think that counts does it? other wise Genia and a few other would be in trouble

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Rota is not eligible to play for the Wallabies so is no chance of picking up a contract in Australia. Has been some chat about him going to Japan but from talking to him he doesn't know what he's going to do.

Yeah Ben Adams is great. Am hopeful that when he comes back form his injury he manages to get some quality time on the park.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
TD, bit if a cliche but we're in a rebuilding phase at Wests.

We've been focusing heavily on a whole of club approach. Last week Colts commenced training seperately from the rest of the club and this week will be the first where we've trained with seperate Premier and Grades squads, which is a fair bit later than others.

Despite 12 of 28 regular Premier players from 2011 not returning, we're putting together a solid squad. It's great for Angus Cottrell but his absence leaves a hole.

Some promising players but too early to say how quickly we can develop them.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Combination of factors - 7 retired, 2 moved out of Brisbane for work, 1 to another club, Cottrell to Force, Tasi to France, 1 out injured for season - actually 13, not 12.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Not what you want but i am sure it will still be an improvement on last year with returning youngsters like Nigel Genia,Ford Statham & Neemiah Tupuse. I also here Reuben leilua is back? Which can only bode well

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Yes Leilua, Genia, Statham and Tupuse are all back. As I say, good potential with a mix of experience and good young prospects.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
TD the guy I would have my eye on in 2012 is Nigel Ah-Wong. He is currently in the ARU Academy and has played a few games for the Rebel Rising. He is looking more like a Super player every time I see him.

Agreed, have been impressed with him everytime I've seen him play.

From Easts I would say keep an eye out for Toby White and Blake Enever.

Status
Not open for further replies.