• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Will Genia was alligned with the Dogs In I believe 2008. It was the season after the GPS coach said he wouldn't be featuring in the finals format because he wanted to role with the young'en who'd been playing for them all year.

My money is on Will Genia going back to Norths... Or my darkhorse pick University.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Will Genia was alligned with the Dogs In I believe 2008. It was the season after the GPS coach said he wouldn't be featuring in the finals format because he wanted to role with the young'en who'd been playing for them all year.

My money is on Will Genia going back to Norths. Or my darkhorse pick University.
Wont be Uni, They already have Willy Thompson and Scott Gale. Also he will probably want some cash and he wont get that at uni.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)

My money is on Will Genia going back to Norths. Or my darkhorse pick University.

Ahh right my bad. Just a side note, it was actually the other way around, Willy was the young'en who'd just had his breakout season with the Reds but the GPS coach (maybe Heenan at the time or Pini) decided to keep using the experienced Sully at halfback (who I still think should have been given a Super Rugby contract back in his day) so Will cracked the shits.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Yeah, well regardless of the past, I hope Genia sees the light and comes to Brothers. Would be welcomed with open arms.

Any news on what club Lachie Turner has gone to?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Is Genia's older brother still involved at Norths? I can't see him going to Wests as he'd knock Nigel out of Premier IF he ever played there. Him signing for a club would be a bit of a PR thing.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Which club in your opinion, Jets? And apart from the captain, are another players joining clubs from the Sunny Coast?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
No idea to be honest. There is a small squad who have started training for next year but with the Sevens program running too it's hard to work out what's going on from the outside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Yeah, well regardless of the past, I hope Genia sees the light and comes to Brothers. Would be welcomed with open arms.

Pretty sure it's going to be Easts from what I've heard, just because of RG's links with the club.

Imagine a Tigers back line come finals Placid, Turner, Toua....kick at your own risk.

ClubStalwart

Peter Burge (5)

This is humourous. What light is that exactly? Genia to Brothers, Campbell back to Wests?
I dont think Turner will go to Easts, the grass isn't the best there and to this day both teams need to shower in the same facilities. Surely there is a plumber down at Easts who can install seperate showers and toilet facilities for each team.....May be we can all chip in $20 and give Easts a Bunnings Gift Card for some materials.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Patiently waiting on announcement with what they're gonna do with the vacant spot of Sunnycoast.

The longer they leave it, the more likely it looks like they'll just have a bye round (9 team comp)

would be a shame if Logan City isn't included. they've worked extra hard to tick the boxes of all their critics.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Could be a close run comp next year with lots of clubs sorting out their act. At this stage I think the Breakers will struggle to win a game as they don't seem to have the right structure in place.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
First time poster, long time reader :)

Would be good to have Logan in I think. 10 teams are better than 9. Give them a shot and see how they go?? In saying that, a couple of bye rounds wouldn't be a bad idea. Catch up on any bad weather rounds etc.

Plenty of happenings and movements at Norths, all for the better and building a future for the club!! It will be hard work, but it has to be done!

We have secured an excellent S&C and Fitness trainer who will be running our pre-season. He has had many years experience with the ARL, Superleague, NRL and has also been involved at an ITM Cup level in NZ along with the NZRU as a consultant. A big step forward for us.

We have been working really hard to keep our core of players, and hoping to attract new players with our vision and plans for 2014 and beyond.

We arent expecting miracles overnight, but we have to start somewhere :)

NOTHING CHANGES IF NOTHING CHANGES!!!

Has there been any thoughts about changing the finals format? Moving to a top 5? OR even keeping the top 4, but then having a playoff system for the other 4-5-6 teams? Keeping the boys playing for a few more weeks? Seems a shame for the likes of Sunnybank & Souths, who had pretty good seasons, to miss out on playing some finals footy of some sort in September.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Good point, Dan. In a years time Logan could develop a Colts system as well, strong juniors, there is no reason at all why they couldn't be compete in the next few years.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think Matt Kaye is still carrying on as coach of Premier and the same with Premier Colts. Not much change at all for 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.