• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Argh, ok then. Just saw that the roles have been advertised on the QRU website & assumed there must have been some movement.

Hmm, I didn't realise that, I honestly don't know now you've mentioned the advertising on the QRU website, Breakdown. The coaching staff did a good job in 2013, it was just a poor end to the season due to Dallan Murphy leaving, players getting injured and other sides simply being too strong.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
From what I hear things will stay the same at the Filth. Was some chat about McCormick moving up to Premier but that seemed to die down.

T

Tigers Tale

Still alive boys and still enjoying the memories of 8 September 2013 at Ballymore.

This is first post on the 2014 forum (trust me I won't get heavily involved) but just to let you know the Aust Club Championship between Easts & Sydney Uni will be played at Bottomley on 22 March 2014.

S15 will be on in earnest at the time with Rebels v Waratahs the night before, so thankfully it won't be Sydney Uni's top side.

Easts will be looking to go back to back ACCs having defeated Sydney Uni in the corresponding game in 2009 at Homebush.

Looking forward to all my old mates Jets, SX, Filth, Stalwart, Breakdown, etc coming down to Bottomley on the day and supporting the Tigers!

Happy Christmas all - I won't post again until the new year.

What's everyone's take on the national club comp - I can't see the ARU getting it off the ground in 2014 - apparently they are asking for a $200k entry fee - not many Brisbane clubs have that type of dough.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not specifically Premier 2014 related but thought i'd post it here anyway.

Lots of Premier Grade/Colts coaches involved with coaching the new under17s Junior Gold Brisbane sides including Anthony Mathison, Benny McCormack and Kelevi Tuicolo, probably more as well. Apparently the players picked for these teams are meant to be the best of the best from Brisbane schoolboys so a few of them no doubt will be featuring in premier colts and premier grade next year. Will be interesting to see how much these coaches influence rub off on their club selection when they graduate.

ClubStalwart

Peter Burge (5)
Still alive boys and still enjoying the memories of 8 September 2013 at Ballymore.

This is first post on the 2014 forum (trust me I won't get heavily involved) but just to let you know the Aust Club Championship between Easts & Sydney Uni will be played at Bottomley on 22 March 2014.

S15 will be on in earnest at the time with Rebels v Waratahs the night before, so thankfully it won't be Sydney Uni's top side.

Easts will be looking to go back to back ACCs having defeated Sydney Uni in the corresponding game in 2009 at Homebush.

Looking forward to all my old mates Jets, SX, Filth, Stalwart, Breakdown, etc coming down to Bottomley on the day and supporting the Tigers!

Happy Christmas all - I won't post again until the new year.

What's everyone's take on the national club comp - I can't see the ARU getting it off the ground in 2014 - apparently they are asking for a $200k entry fee - not many Brisbane clubs have that type of dough.

This is so humourous I actually laughed out aloud. I will support the Tigers when they improve their plumbing situation, their showers, start using 2 ply toilet paper, improve their grounds, impro.............look this could go on for hours, probably best to say I won't be at Bottomley for the game.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

Good to have you back TT. We've all missed you.

If you have a well managed club it shouldn't be an issue. Also if a club has a great culture I'm sure some members and supporters will chip in to cover the costs. ;)
I like the concept but it will mean an early start for the Premier Comp in 2014.

T

Tigers Tale

This is so humourous I actually laughed out aloud. I will support the Tigers when they improve their plumbing situation, their showers, start using 2 ply toilet paper, improve their grounds, impro.....look this could go on for hours, probably best to say I won't be at Bottomley for the game.

Stalwart this is just the type of rubbish why I don't want to be involved - I would happily talk rugby on this forum but guys like you just want to pump out this type of trash!

What are your club allegiances?

With all due respects Mr Stalwart - the facilities at Bottomley Park are not the worst facilities in the competition, and if we are talking purely rugby then something must be working at Bottomley because have you forgot what happened on Grand Final day....

So in the words of the great Darryl Kerrigan - "Suffer in your jocks!"

Enough said.

Tigers Tale

ClubStalwart

Peter Burge (5)
Stalwart this is just the type of rubbish why I don't want to be involved - I would happily talk rugby on this forum but guys like you just want to pump out this type of trash!

What are your club allegiances?

With all due respects Mr Stalwart - the facilities at Bottomley Park are not the worst facilities in the competition, and if we are talking purely rugby then something must be working at Bottomley because have you forgot what happened on Grand Final day..

So in the words of the great Darryl Kerrigan - "Suffer in your jocks!"

Enough said.

Tigers Tale

Clearly took that the wrong way. It was a light hearted comment. It is difficult to distinguish the difference via text. However it was more a smart remark for a bit of friendly banter. Don't get too "bogged" down in the Easts facilities, I am sure they will sort their shit out.......;-)

T

Tigers Tale

Good to have you back TT. We've all missed you.

If you have a well managed club it shouldn't be an issue. Also if a club has a great culture I'm sure some members and supporters will chip in to cover the costs. ;)
I like the concept but it will mean an early start for the Premier Comp in 2014.
We all don't have a Community Club to fund it my friend.

But Jets for the record I wish we had one at Bottomley!!

For all the flake thrown in the direction of Sunnybank & Uni (plenty coming from me) without those clubs setting the benchmark over the last few years it wouldn't be as hard a competition to win as it is.

As Wayne Bennett says "don't get bitter get better" - that is what Easts did this year, had a charmed run with injury, held a core group of players together over a number of years, got lucky with the injection of two outstanding young talents, the stars aligned, etc

It really was a wonderful day at the Grand Final and I am not just saying that because Easts won - the number and passion of the supporters from both clubs particularly the juniors was remarkable. I don't think they can replicate that tradition in the National Club Competition.

I think Sunnybank, Uni & (maybe) the Bond Uni Breakers are the only clubs who could stump up with the cash, and as for what someone said a little earlier - I agree the Breakers would be at un-backable odds to take out the Premier Grade wooden spoon in 2014 unless Logan are admitted.

I don't think it would be fair on the Saints (Logan) to bring them in next year wait until 2015.

If the Breakers do finish last next year by a long margin then maybe they should be punted and left as purely a colts club, with Premier grade reverting to an 8 team competition - this comment will set off Breakers fans! (I can feel the Butler, Cox, etc comments coming already).

A lesson for the ARU here - cash doesn't win games of football - at the start of the 2013 the Breaker talked up how their partnership with Bond Uni was going to make them a power house of the Premier Competition, in Australian Rugby, etc - well boys time to walk the talk in 2014.

They tried to make the Stingrays and Redlands work but eventually they had to face the facts.

Having had my rant I would really like to see the Breakers lift their game and start seeing their colts success translate into Premier Grade victories, but I just can't see it happening in 2014.

My 2014 bolters will be Norths and Souths (the Magpies are not under the radar anymore.)

Big question marks will be whether Easts & GPS can repeat their 2013 successes because Uni, Sunnybank & Brothers will try to come back hard after their respective difficulties towards the end of 2013.

But SX after your comments about the Easts fans I really hope the Doggies challenge the Breakers for the wooden spoon.

This will set me up for future ridicule but my 2014 predictions are:
1. Easts (of course);
2. Souths;
3. Sunnybank;
4. Uni;
5. Norths;
6. Brothers;
7. GPS;
8. Wests;
9. Breakers.

Tigers Tale

T

Tigers Tale

Clearly took that the wrong way. It was a light hearted comment. It is difficult to distinguish the difference via text. However it was more a smart remark for a bit of friendly banter. Don't get too "bogged" down in the Easts facilities, I am sure they will sort their shit out...;-)

Club Stalwart - which club do you support?

We have a very different sense of humour! Mate this adds nothing I'd happily engage in intelligent banter but this is just crap.

FYI - no shit to sort at Easts - you are only as good as your last game!!

T

Tigers Tale

Stalwart - does this look like shit to you?
GF With Hospital Cup.jpg

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
We all don't have a Community Club to fund it my friend.

I think it's called foresight. Plan for the future today.

I think it would be great if all the clubs had a income stream to assist with their rugby programs. The thing is though, not many are willing to take the years of working out of demountables and making sacrifices to make it happen.

I think GPS are more likely to be in the comp than the Breakers. Gold Coast are in a rebuilding process and I think, if they can retain their Colts, they will be competitive again in the not too distant future.

T

Tigers Tale

That's what I love about you TT, you're a man of your word. Only 5 more posts after this one. Quiet day at the office?

Jets - I just don't like seeing untruths getting legs.

Enjoy the break from me!

I'll be back when it seems right, but put the 22nd March 2014 at Bottomley in your diary.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tigers Tale..

Feel free to post whenever and whatever you want. spicen up the old forum.

I'm pretty sure Club Stalward is a doggies fan on account that he's given a few game recaps here.. but whom knows. Some of the more regular contributors don't want to wear their club badge/allegience on the GAGR profile.

Me... I bleed Sylvan Road. Ain't no closet/sportsfan. I been through the ups & downs & no one will derail this fandom!!!

T

Tigers Tale

Tigers Tale..
I'm pretty sure Club Stalward is a doggies fan on account that he's given a few game recaps here..

If this is true Club Stalwart that you are a doggies fan then it has been a while since you tasted Hospital Cup success and will continue to be so!

FYI - that was the Hospital Cup in the photo I uploaded earlier today.

Truly given the state of the field at Sylvan Road at the end of the season can you really cast a stone when it comes to club facilities? - grow up, your name "stalwart" belies your mentality.

You could learn a bit from your fellow Doggie in SX.

On that note that's it for me for 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.