• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Careful SX, Refabbit the referee protector will be into you.

TT - Refrabbit is your foe. not mine.

I did state that i don't even claim to know the rules.. I explained the scenario and I moved on.

FWIW - It's one thing for a coach to bring the game into disrepute by being critical of a referee, A unjust fine is usually sent coaches way... but fans of the game are entitled to have an opinion on the referees job. I only use my opinion on referees when I think it's justified. I would hate to speak on it every weekend & sound like the Kennels version of Tigers Tale!

T

Tigers Tale

SX I haven't talked about Referees/Simon Moore for weeks/months.

Simon Moore in fact did a good job in the Easts v Uni game last week, he still doesn't understand scrum time but he's not alone.

T

Tigers Tale

I've been impressed with the Wests scrum all year, Sione Na'a Helu is quite impressive at scrum time.

It will be a great scrum battle at the Kennel for Wests v Easts next Saturday. Hopefully Paraka is back for Easts.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
It will be a great scrum battle at the Kennel for Wests v Easts next Saturday. Hopefully Paraka is back for Easts.
My memory of the last Doggies game was that it was the Wests backs were the danger.
Is Parraka better than AJ Campbell? I think that AJ is in better form and has been more dominant at scrum time. Nice situation for the Tigers as AJ plays both sides and Horomia has been good also.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
AJ has been awesome at Loosehead this year. That being said, the few games Parraka has played he has completely destroyed opposition scrums.

Parraka & Sanday are still first choice, but Campbell & Horomia provide great depth.

The Easts success so far this season starts with the simple fact we have 4 props of very high quality, giving us a very dominant scrum. The rest of the pack follows on from this platform.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
SX, I think when we go after the ref we should name them or risk tarring them all with the same brush. prem program has who is doing which games.

Referees are a part of our game. They should be praised and criticised for their actions and inactions. As long as we discuss that and not their personality

T

Tigers Tale

Hay Filth talking about front row depth how is another Easts product - Michael Bermingham - going? Is he still running around in your Reseve grade side or is he injured?

T

Tigers Tale

It's going to be tight with lots of top 5 clashes over the remaining 4 rounds:

After Rnd 14; Rnd 15; Rnd 16; Rnd 17; Rnd 18; Rem Games; Max Points; Wins needed; Projection
Easts: 52; WESTS; bros; SNBK; BOND; 4; 72; 2; 1st
Bros: 45; gps; EASTS; uni; SOUTHS; 4; 65; 2; 3rd
UNI: 39; souths; WESTS; BROS; snbk; 4; 59; 2 or 3; 2nd
Souths: 39; UNI; Bye; WESTS; bros; 3; 54; 2 or 3; 3rd
Snbk: 38; norths; GPS; easts; UNI; 4; 58; 2 or 3; 3rd
BOND: 30; Bye; NORTHS; gps; easts; 3;45; 6th

T

Tigers Tale

My apologies Pieman - indeed they are - I have amended my post accordingly.

Souths were very good on the weekend and despite not getting the win will be glad they pocketed 2 bonus points which keeps them in the hunt.

They would clearly like to beat Uni this week and if the do so they could possibly finish as high as second. The Uni and Bros games for South are crucial because success against those sides also denies their opponent points.

I think it will go down to the wire with Uni v Snbk and Souths v Bros in round 18 determining who finishes where. The Easts v Bros(Rnd 16) & Snbk (Rnd 17) clashes will also be important.

Games against top 5 sides:
Easts 2
Bros 3
Uni 3
South 2 + bye
Snbk 2

So arguably Brothers, Uni & Souths have the toughest run home.

T

Tigers Tale

With the following Reds named in the Wallaby train-on squad - will they be available for their QPR side? - I think not.

Quade Cooper - Souths
Saia Fainga’a - GPS
Will Genia - Wests/North (never know where he is aligned to)
Liam Gill - Snbk
James Hanson - Uni
James Horwill - Uni
Greg Holmes - Snbk
Karmichael Hunt - ???
Samu Kerevi - GPS
James O’Connor - ??? Bros ???
Rob Simmons - Snbk
James Slipper - Bond

So the players that may filter back to club land over coming weeks would be:

Easts – Paraka, Gunn, Wilkin(Aus 7s - injured???), Turner,

Bros - ???

Uni – JJ Taulagi, Aaron Pleash, Korczyk, Dalgleish, Scott Gale (injured??), Con Foley (Aus 7s), Nick Malouf (Aus 7s)

South – Feauai-Sautia, Beau Robinson, Adam Thompson(???), Pama Foa (Aust 7s), James Stannard (Aus 7s)

Snbk – Schatz, McIntyre, Tapuai, Conrad Quick, Lolo Fakaosilea, Tom Lucas (Aus 7s)

Bond – Nucifora,

GPS - Chris Kuridrani, Talakai, Frisby, Magnay, Paia’aua, Tuttle,

Wests – Ed O’Donahue,

Norths – Hendrik Tui.

Any club would love to have these guys back amongst the mix but I don’t think the filter back will be as significant as in prior years which will hold the Easts, Bros & Souths in good stead as they will enter the finals with pretty much the same squads as they have had for most of the season.

I don't know whether the Aus 7s guys will come back to club land but I have included them in any event.

T

Tigers Tale

Australia's last game in the JRWC is set down for 20 June - so it will be Round 16 at the earliest that we will see the Aust U20s back in QPR15.

T

TOCC

It's quite a while until the TRC, from the Wallaby squad those who are likely starters like Slipper and Simmons will probably go into a recovery and conditioning program, but apart from that I expect the likes of Fainga'a, Hunt and Cooper to head back and play some club footy. If they aren't a likely starter then it would do them well to get down to club rugby and maintain their match fitness and improve their form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Tigers Tale

My understanding is that Supet 15 players have to be registered to a club 6 weeks out from finals (which has now past) - why then haven't the QRU advised what clubs JOC (James O'Connor), Hunt & Thompson are aligned to?

Not that I am expecting any of them to be pulling on the Tigers stripes.

T

Tigers Tale

Does anyone know where they are heading I've heard:
JOC (James O'Connor) - Bros;
Thompson - Souths;
Hunt - GPS/Wests.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Does anyone know where they are heading I've heard:
JOC (James O'Connor) - Bros;
Thompson - Souths;
Hunt - GPS/Wests.

Heard similar rumours TT, except Easts were also mentioned for Hunt. (May as well throw in Wests, Uni, Bond and Sunnybank too #rumours)
Could be a bit academic anyway - don't the players have an automatic break at the end of their Super 15 season?

T

Tigers Tale

Pieman - I don't want this taken the wrong way, I am definitely not bagging Souths - but I think if your lads don't come away with 4/5 points v Uni this Saturday I think the dream will be over given you have the bye in round 16.

Having said that I can't see any reason why you couldn't get the win at St Lucia this Saturday.

Easts will be endeavouring to do the right thing by you in denying Bros & Snbk points in rounds 16 & 17. As will GPS & Uni who come up against Bros & Snbk in the last 4 rounds.

It will be a great achievement for Souths to make the semis given they were 11 points (on 17) off the 4th placed Bond(28) after 9 rounds.

Time will tell whether it is just one win too far.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
TT...

Waiting for your Wests vs Easts breakdown.

The Tigers are the form team in the competition. Hoping the Bulldogs clash is a trap game and the Paul Mooney Trophy comes back to it's rightful home at Sylvan Road.

It's been a long time since the Dogs have beaten the Tigers... but the last couple of matches have been competitive contests unlike previous blowouts circa 2010-2013.

Bulldogs 37
Tigers 31

T

Tigers Tale

SX I have just been waiting for you to ask?

But first - as a QPR supporter who respects the Wests club I am respectfully asking what is wrong with the surface at Sylvan Road? Is it that the effects of the 2011 floods have not been rectified and that this has impacted the root dynamics of the turf? (I suppose we would really have to ask a turf expert.)

Regardless of the surface it should be another great Paul Mooney Cup clash this Saturday - it has been a while since Wests held it aloft but the Tigers will head to Sylvan Road very wary of what the Bulldogs can produce - they are a side which is never beaten until the final whistle and last year it got very tight at Sylvan Road where Easts just got home against a fast finishing Wests by a point.

I always look forward to travelling to Sylvan Rd and I hope it lives up to the standard of some of these recent clashes:

2014 @ Sylvan Rd: (Easts 32 def Wests 31)

https://vimeo.com/channels/194248/page:2

2013 @ Sylvan Rd:

https://vimeo.com/channels/194248/page:4

2012 @ Sylvan Rd:

https://vimeo.com/channels/194248/page:13

2011 @ Sylvan Rd:

https://vimeo.com/channels/194248/page:23

Status
Not open for further replies.