• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck time

Bob McCowan (2)
Heard similar rumours TT, except Easts were also mentioned for Hunt. (May as well throw in Wests, Uni, Bond and Sunnybank too #rumours)
Could be a bit academic anyway - don't the players have an automatic break at the end of their Super 15 season?
Apparently o'Connor is a done deal at Brothers and they are close to securing Hunt. It is rumoured Hunt will be asked to play club footy to continue his development.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I understand why supporters want to know where those unaligned players are playing in club footy. It's helpful for clubs from a marketing perspective, with more people coming to watch even if those rep players are donning opposition colours. And more importantly, it is a good test for those up and coming players to see how they fare against them.

Anyway, Brothers v GPS this week. A fixture which never disappoints. Brothers will hopefully get over the line, but GPS are a tough side, they're just a bit inconsistent at the moment.

Dogs v Easts should be a decent game. I think Wests will come close, however, I think the backline experience and form will be the difference for Easts. I'm tipping a Tigers win in a close game at Sylvan. I heard Wests are hosting a heritage/former players' day for this fixture. Probably best stay away from the bleaches if you're an Easts supporters. Haha.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Apparently all contracted Reds players have been given the 'opportunity' to play club rugby this weekend, it is their choice, even those in the Wobs squad.

For GPS, apparently Frisby (injury) is the only one definitely not playing this weekend. Radike Samo was also down at training last night.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Pieman - I don't want this taken the wrong way, I am definitely not bagging Souths - but I think if your lads don't come away with 4/5 points v Uni this Saturday I think the dream will be over given you have the bye in round 16.

Having said that I can't see any reason why you couldn't get the win at St Lucia this Saturday.

Easts will be endeavouring to do the right thing by you in denying Bros & Snbk points in rounds 16 & 17. As will GPS & Uni who come up against Bros & Snbk in the last 4 rounds.

It will be a great achievement for Souths to make the semis given they were 11 points (on 17) off the 4th placed Bond(28) after 9 rounds.

Time will tell whether it is just one win too far.

Crucial games for a few clubs over the next few weeks...Souths included.
Must say I'm encouraged by, and proud of, the way the Magpies have gelled and gathered momentum as the season has progressed.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Apparently all contracted Reds players have been given the 'opportunity' to play club rugby this weekend, it is their choice, even those in the Wobs squad.

For GPS, apparently Frisby (injury) is the only one definitely not playing this weekend. Radike Samo was also down at training last night.
I imagine Radike can't play for GPS though? Similar to the Hegarty scenario?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I imagine Radike can't play for GPS though? Similar to the Hegarty scenario?

I think everyone is a bit unsure about it at this stage. Apparently he wants to play for GPS but the Rebels aren't happy and wanted him to stay in Victoria, although I don't believe he was signed for the 2016 season. He might just end up being a highly qualified water-runner for the last few games.

T

Tigers Tale

Apart from the Rebels nothing would stop him playing for GPS it's just that he probably wouldn't be allowed to play in the finals without playing the necessary number of games to qualify (which is 6 I think).

T

Tigers Tale

I say let him play against the Filth it would be great for the competition to have a player of his talent running around.

He is a real threat to the try line.

I think he scored a decisive try for GPS v Easts at Yoku Rd in 2012/2013.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth & Big Dog what are your line-ups looking like for Saturday are JOC (James O'Connor), Kerevie, etc lining up?

I wouldn't expect that Lachy Turner will be lining up for the Tigers this Saturday, but I suspect Ed O'Donaghue might run around for the Bulldogs.

What's the go with other clubs?

T

Tigers Tale

I hear that Aiden Toua has decided to return to Australia after a season at Agen in France.

I don't think he has made any firm plans for rugby in the future, but if its with the Reds (which I doubt) I am sure that his club will again be the Tigers in 2016 and if he's around come 2015 finals he might even run the water out to his old mates Ed Quirk and Matt Brandon.

Then again he might well just settle for reacquainting himself with the golf courses of Qld.

Aiden did not reach the Super 15 heights that he would have wished for but he certainly lit up QPR for many years as one of its premier attacking players.

Ironically in 2013 he gave up a chance to play ITM Cup so that he could pilot the Tigers towards a premiership but suffered a serious eye injury as a result of a collision with the Sylvan Road surface in round 18 of the competition which put him out of the 2013 finals and presented Jonah Placid with a start at #15 for the finals.

Easts have had a good run of talent in the #15 jersey of recent time in Toua, Placid & Hagen.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
We've never been lacking in fullbacks, I still remember Andrew Walker being best on the park even when he was pushing late 30's.

Question for the Tigers out there, who has been the most impressive fullback out of Hagen, Toua and Placid for Easts?

Some of the stuff I've seen Toua do has been jaw dropping, and Hagen has been great in his short time, but Placid drove us to our 2013 Championship, and I honestly don't think we would have gotten that far without him and then 18yr old Gunn.

The Tigers coaching staff must like electric runners from fullback.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
You can add Richard Graham and graham Holt to the lineage too. I saw spindle do some fantastic stuff for the tiggers.

T

Tigers Tale

Reg - Spindle Graham was great and drove the Tigers to their first 2 premierships in 1997 & 1999, but Easts only Wallaby fullback (Walker aside) was Bruce Cooke who played one test v Ireland in 1979 at Ballymore. I think he was dropped for the 2nd test and replaced by Roger Gould and never played for the Wallabies again.

T12 Placid did some freakish things in 2013 - his tries v Bros @ Bottomley & in the GF but the most freakish thing I saw him do was the charged down Zangary conversion attempt from in front of the posts in the GF. He's been the best on the park for Aust U20 in every game at the JRWC - it is a real shame he has been lost to Qld rugby.

T

Tigers Tale

Warhorse are you worried that James Hanson & James Horwill will front for Uni?

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
No TT just interested in whether Beau Robinson, Tom Murday, CFS, Shannon Walker, Pama Fou and even QC (Quade Cooper) were turning out for Souths.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.