• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
With great respect to Parraka and Sanday , AJ has not been bettered this season and continues to improve. I personally think he has greater potential than both of them. Jose was great off the bench and as you say TT the depth in the front row is the envy of any of the Competition.

Don't be surprised if AJ holds his spot and claims his own NRC jersey.

Coaches at Easts have done a wonderful job with him so far.

On another note Tom Milosevic must be the most unsung player in the team .
His season so far has been extraordinary. James Sua defies the years, Tyrell Barker is in career best form, Jimmy Moore drops attacking layers like a kid dropping his school bag ,

The team is playing smart rugby under an astute Coach who has the total trust of his players.

Bringing in returning Rep players whilst great on paper will not be an easy thing to do when the incumbent players have developed combinations and real passion.

This will be Sampsons greatest challenge.

A great problem to have though.

God help some Premier Reserve teams who have to face up to 5 players from this years number one Premier team.

T

Tigers Tale

Warhorse it might not be over for the Magpies.

They could get to 50 and if Uni or Snbk stall you just never know.

T

Tigers Tale

Fritz the Tigers will only get back Paraka, Gunn, White (injured), but I don't really know whether we'll see Wilkin & Turner - bonus if we do.

Easts reserve grade will be stronger leading into the finals.

mate

Frank Nicholson (4)
Absolute pandemonium out at Crosby rd today. Surgery was in session with Doctor Greene and Doctor Tupou administering a lethal dose of anesthetic that tranquilized the Galloper under the sheets of the Crosby Park Clinic. Greene stuffed the score sheet like Martha Stewart on Thanksgiving with 33 points to his name, murmurs around the park suggesting this was a club record.

Clear the runways over at Bottomely next weekend and have air traffic control on deck for lift off as Easts and Brothers match in the top of the table clash. Tigers supporters better hope Thor and Greene have cooled the jets by then but if this week is anything to go by Maverick and Goose will be pulling off another top gun performance.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm not speculating I know the Easts scrum will dominate the Brethen especially with Ready back. If Paraka is available it could be a long day for the Brethen.

T

Tigers Tale

Absolute pandemonium out at Crosby rd today. Surgery was in session with Doctor Greene and Doctor Tupou administering a lethal dose of anesthetic that tranquilized the Galloper under the sheets of the Crosby Park Clinic. Greene stuffed the score sheet like Martha Stewart on Thanksgiving with 33 points to his name, murmurs around the park suggesting this was a club record.

Clear the runways over at Bottomely next weekend and have air traffic control on deck for lift off as Easts and Brothers match in the top of the table clash. Tigers supporters better hope Thor and Greene have cooled the jets by then but if this week is anything to go by Maverick and Goose will be pulling off another top gun performance.

Surely Paul McLean would have had some big days out for Bros in 70/80s that might match Green's effort.

Clearly on this form Brothers must start favourites next Saturday as Easts were short of their best yesterday.

I just hope for your sake that Maverick & Goose don't "crash and burn"!!!

The Iceman (Brandon) will be waiting for them.

T

Tigers Tale

Easts might get their Top Gunn back as well and he will terrorise Maverick Greene.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hopefully we are going to be spared the Top Gun references for the rest of the week. I can't stand much more.

Ruck time

Bob McCowan (2)
Surely Paul McLean would have had some big days out for Bros in 70/80s that might match Green's effort.

Clearly on this form Brothers must start favourites next Saturday as Easts were short of their best yesterday.

I just hope for your sake that Maverick & Goose don't "crash and burn"!!!

The Iceman (Brandon) will be waiting for them.
Leading the comp. and you beat Brothers last round, all of your posts highlight how well the Tigers are going, and yet your claiming underdog status...and they said TT didn't have a sense of humour!

T

TOCC

I don't normally make comments about referees on this forum but after today's display by Matt O'Brien, I feel I have to make an exception.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yep, I don't like to criticise referees either but after a few of his performance at super rugby level I really don't rate him, apart from the poor calls he has pretty bad game management, he plays very little advantage if any at all and makes for a stop/start game where the ref is the focal point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruck time

Bob McCowan (2)
Brothers Scrum and kick off returns will need to improve drastically on yesterday's first half. Seemed to be a mental thing, as they corrected in second half but Easts will expose those areas big time.
Young Tupou was awesome with ball in hand but will really need to get his set piece work better.
GPS went well for most of the first half but the second half the was the most one sided I've seen in years.

It is also confirmed that Clynton Knox has played his last game for the year, as he has picked up a contract in Japan. Will be sorely missed, especially in defence, and particularly next week where we would have been up against Toby White.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Agree with both Warhorse and Convenient Wisdom re the Souths v Uni match yesterday.

Souths started with a whimper; Uni with a bang.

It was always going to be extremely tough coming back from 21 nil so early in the game. Full marks to Uni for that.

Strangely enough, and for one of the few times this season, Souths' set piece, particularly the lineout, really seemed to struggle. Even without James Turner, Beau Robinson and Tom Murday I thought we would have performed better here.

Also, as mentioned by the others, I could not understand why it took so long for Uni's offside infringements around the ruck to be penalised.

Eventually they were issued with a couple of yellow Cards, but even then the same sort of infringements continued.

A disappointing afternoon for Souths - they'll now need some minor miracles and major upsets to have any chance of making the Final Four. And that's probably just wishful thinking from me.

Congratulations to Uni though, it was their day.

T

Tigers Tale

Leading the comp. and you beat Brothers last round, all of your posts highlight how well the Tigers are going, and yet your claiming underdog status.and they said TT didn't have a sense of humour!

Ruck time I resent that (tongue in cheek) - I think you'll find I am rarely pumping up the tigers tyres - I am usually just trivia and taking shots at other clubs. I am always claiming underdog status for the Tigers because historically no one ever gave the Tigers the credit they were due. If they can manage to lift the Hospital Cup again in 2015 it will vindicate that Paraka, Ready, Sanday, Gunn, Mullins, Brandon, Wilder & White are great players and that 2013 was no fluke.

I appreciate that Easts haven't achieved anything yet and that in 4 weeks they start on equal footing with 3 other teams.

I am really looking forward to Easts v Bros and that is as far ahead as I am looking - I am sure Tim Sampson will have the Tigers likewise focused on Bros and continual improvement.

T

Tigers Tale

After Round 15:

Team; Points; Max final points; Rnd 16; Rnd 17; Rnd 18

Easts; 57; 72; bros; SNBK; BOND;
Bros; 50; 65; EASTS; uni; SOUTHS;
Uni; 44; 59; WESTS; BROS; snbk;
Snbk; 43; 58; GPS; easts; UNI;
Souths; 40; 50; bye; WESTS; bros

My only comment would be if Souths can get 2 x 5 pointers they might just sneak into the 4.

T

Tigers Tale

Easts 3 points to secure a major semi spot;

Bros 1 point to be assured top 4 and 10 point to be assured a major semi;

Uni could finish in 2nd but 7 points to be assured a minor semi;

Snbk could finish 2nd but 8 points to be assured a minor semi.

T

Tigers Tale

Souths will need Bros to beat Uni and Easts to beat Snbk in round 17 then it could be game on for them against Bros in Rnd 18 provided they get 5 points against Wests in Rnd 17.

T

Tigers Tale

Great stats there, TT! Who do you think will finish in second? Easts most likely will be first.

Filth logic would say that it's Easts v Bros in major and Uni v Snbk in the minor but I don't like counting chickens before the hatch and have this feeling that the Magpies might still feature.

Easts and Bros and not assured major semi spots as yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.