• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruck time

Bob McCowan (2)
Found the Filth v Bond game to be a real grind. Brothers attack was a little one dimensional which played into the hands of Bonds gritty defence. No standouts in this game, both teams missing a game breaker on the day.
Thought Greeny was more lateral than usual which didn't really help his side. Both packs work very hard defensively but someone like Thor would add that attacking spark that was missing on Saturday.
On a seperate note, I think EVERY team should be wary of Souths and their march up the ladder.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I predict the ladder will finish -

1. Easts
2. Brothers
3. Uni
4. Souths

Easts to beat Bros in Major Semi. Uni to beat Souths in Minor Semi.

Bros to beat Uni in Prelim final.

Bros to beat Easts in GF.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Apologies if this has been mentioned before - i'm sure it has.
But assuming the above occurs - which I tend to agree with. Does Uni have much of a wind fall from the Reds wrapping up this year?? Surely its nowhere near as strong as years past with Hanson, Harris etc leaving

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Apologies if this has been mentioned before - i'm sure it has.
But assuming the above occurs - which I tend to agree with. Does Uni have much of a wind fall from the Reds wrapping up this year?? Surely its nowhere near as strong as years past with Hanson, Harris etc leaving
From the Reds (Wider SQ included) who won't be in Wallabies or sticking around.

Easts: Parraka, Ready, Quirk, Turner, Gunn
Brothers: Greene, Tupou, rumoured O'Connor(?)
University: McDuling, Korzcyk, Gale, Taulagi, Fa'agase (injured)
Souths: Robinson, Feauia-Sautia
Sunnybank: Shatz, McIntyre, Tapuai, Fakosolia
Bond Uni: Daley (injured)
GPS: Fainga'a, Kerevi, Frisby, Kotze, Kuridrani
Wests: O'Donoghue, Murday
Norths: Tui

I'm sure I've forgotten someone.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Well given GPS are done for and playing the role of upset, no can really lay claim to a huge dis/advantage which is bad news for the usual post season whine.
Would love to see a full strength Easts vs Souths back row battle

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Can ayone really see Thomson playing for Souths (or any club?) I mean after the season he has just endured and if he was to go back to Japan, you think playing park footy would be low on the agenda. It's not as though the Reds had him over a barrel when it came to contract terms.
...although maybe he just loves playing footy?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Agreed...except the last one! Haha

I'm really backing Brothers to do the job because I think Anthony Mathison is at a point in his coaching career where he has the right mix of innovation and experience to guide a well rounded team to a Premiership. That and the players motivation to get a Premiership before he leaves.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Fairly sure Murday is Souths as well? Out of the teams who are really in finals contention they will reap the most rewards if Robinson, CFS, Murday and (possibly) Thomson play.

Quite correct Big Dog, Tom Murday is from Souths. With the return of Beau Robinson, CFS, Murday, Shannon Walker and Pama Fou(from Aust. Sevens) and the current players who have been in such great form over the past 4 weeks, Souths could be an even more daunting force for clubs aspiring to the final four.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Fairly sure Murday is Souths as well? Out of the teams who are really in finals contention they will reap the most rewards if Robinson, CFS, Murday and (possibly) Thomson play.
Yep 100% you are correct, my error.

I think CFS return is the biggest for Souths. They have always had good forwards (Turner, Feao etc), but if you put CFS and van der Walt in the same backline they will be very difficult to beat.

I have to say I'm enjoying Souths up there.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Brothers have got a good chance this year. If we don't make it, then I think it will be Easts v Souths. Mind you, I wouldn't be writing off University or Sunnybank. However, I think Easts will certainly be in the Grand Final. It is just a matter of who takes the other spot.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Brothers v Souths GF for mind, sorry TT I'm sure that will not go down well with you and all the other Tiger fans out there. Both Brothers and Souths will announce some very high profile signings in the next couple of days which will really even out the top four and put both teams in a very strong position coming into finals. Only hindrance could be where both sides sit in relation to the final four. Souths are really gaining some momentum and Brothers have been really strong all season with their losses only being by the narrowest of margins. If Souths get over the top of Easts this weekend and other results go as expected the final few rounds could be very exciting.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Brothers v Souths GF for mind, sorry TT I'm sure that will not go down well with you and all the other Tiger fans out there. Both Brothers and Souths will announce some very high profile signings in the next couple of days which will really even out the top four and put both teams in a very strong position coming into finals. Only hindrance could be where both sides sit in relation to the final four. Souths are really gaining some momentum and Brothers have been really strong all season with their losses only being by the narrowest of margins. If Souths get over the top of Easts this weekend and other results go as expected the final few rounds could be very exciting.
Do you know something we don't RE new signings?!
Thompson, O'Connor, Hunt?

TB KingPin

Stan Wickham (3)
Brothers have got a good chance this year. If we don't make it, then I think it will be Easts v Souths. Mind you, I wouldn't be writing off University or Sunnybank. However, I think Easts will certainly be in the Grand Final. It is just a matter of who takes the other spot.

Who was the 4 for filth? This guy was an amazing work horse and in my eyes best on ground

Ruck time

Bob McCowan (2)
Who was the 4 for filth? This guy was an amazing work horse and in my eyes best on ground
Ben Hyne was the 4. Ben has struggled with injuries over the last 12 months but is finally getting to show his abilities. They have a very young tight 5 at the filth, with Ben, Terrin Walls (5) and Tom Moloney (1) all only 20 and Tupou only 18

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Team lists are out.

Souths missing Robinson & Turner, Easts have Barker and Sanday back into the side.

Confident the Tigers will get the job done in an armwrestle against Souths. I think this is close to our strongest team (minus Gunn & Parraka), and I don't see any real stand out weakness, provided we have fixed the line out.

I don't think it will be pretty, but the physicality of the Easts pack, should be even given that Souths are missing Turner and Robinson.

Keen to head down Yeronga, always a nice afternoon at Souths, easily my second favourite ground/club/environment in the competition.

Heretowatch

Frank Row (1)
The 4 for Brothers was Ben Hyne. I see each week he is listed in the program as 5 but has been playing 4 all year? Got to agree with you TBKingPin he's a worker & is having a good season after missing last season. Good to see the Brothers forward pack so balanced & building momentum at the business end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.