• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

Big Dog what's the GPS line-up looking like for tomorrow?

Should be a good day at Bottomley tomorrow - you don't have to pay for parking and there is no entrance fee but there will be plenty of tiger burgers and cold beer.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
GPS: Nick Sykes, Feleti Kaitu'u, Ryan Freney, Matt Hirst, Dan Gorman, Corey Thomas, Waita Setu, Michael Richards, Tom Christie, Edan Campbell-O'Brien, Byron Roberts, Somi Pulu, Kimami Sitauti, Isaac Weier, Jason Hofmeyr

Hofmeyr is a great pick up by GPS/Dammers. Had a lot of potential when playing for the bank in 09-10. Can kick as well.

Not sure how he went when he moved down to syd uni

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Big Dog what's the GPS line-up looking like for tomorrow?

Should be a good day at Bottomley tomorrow - you don't have to pay for parking and there is no entrance fee but there will be plenty of tiger burgers and cold beer.

Bit of shame for the lower grade guys though. 2nds and 3rds have been shafted to 5pm and 6.20pm kick off times, especially with a Reds home game on. Not putting the blame on Easts at all but its a shame for the guys in those teams.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Looks like we might see how the famed GPS Reserve Grade side who plenty have said would hold their own in Premier Grade will go this year given the lineup that Eldiablo published yesterday - namely:

From what I can remember/players I know.
1. Ryan Freney (returning 2014 player)
2. Feleti Kaitu'u (from souths)
3. Dylan Lindsay (returning to the club after a number of injuries)
4. Dan Gorman (returning 2014 player)
7. Waita Setu (has been all over the shop, wests most recent qld team?)
8. Michael Richards (returning 2014 player)
9. Tom Christie (returning 2014 player)
10. Edan Campbell-OBrien (from ACT, was involved with Canberra Vikings)
11. Isaac Weir (returning 2014 player)
12. Somi Tupou (returning 2014 player)
13. Kimami Situata (Has been with reds, brumbies, rebels, and most recently bay of plenty in the ITM cup)
14. Byron Roberts (returning 2014 player)
15. Dan Earley (returning to the club after working in the mines..?)

Would it be fair to say that only Freney, Gorman & possibly Roberts would have been full strength Premier Grade selections for GPS last year.

Granted there are a number of players here who are returning to or joining the club, I think it would be fair to say that many of these guys would not have played much Premier Grade for GPS in 2013/2104 if at full strength.

Where have Zangary, McWhirter, Herbert, Ferguson, Jono Ellis, etc gone?

Herby is recovering from an ACL injury sustained late last year, Fergy is in semi-retirement and may have a run in the lower grades. Jono, Nick, and McWhirter not 100% sure on..

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Herby is recovering from an ACL injury sustained late last year, Fergy is in semi-retirement and may have a run in the lower grades. Jono, Nick, and McWhirter not 100% sure on..

McWhirter went to lower grades training last week apparently. Will be playing in one of those teams soon.

T

Tigers Tale

Thanks for the GPS input.

I see Easts are going back to the future with Andrew Krelle - been a long time since he started t #10 for the Tigers Prems - but the experienced campaigner that he is - he will get the job done.

Easts might be light on in experience in the forwards but they have a pretty potent back 3 - lets hope they aren't starved of possession & opportunity out wide because they will thrill the Tiger Army at Bottomley throughout 2015.

Let's hope we can see 11,13,14 & 15 run with the ball, if we do then they'll be in with a big shot of going 2 from 2 to start the season.

T

TOCC

Logan have forfeited 2nd and 3rd Grade matches against Souths tommorow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
paty305 I hope you're not referring to Sunnybank in that comment. They've been fighting the same battle since 1989!

No I am not referring to Sunnybank. I highly admire the way that Sunnybank have built themselves from the ground with a succesful Sports Club and Local grassroots support.

I really hope Norths, Logan, Wests and the Country Sub-Unions can someday drag themselves off the bottom of the barrel and into a competitive state at Premier Level. However the QRU and ARU are doing no one any favours by acting like asses, and treating us like dirt. Clubs and Sub-Districts like Logan, Redcliffe, Caboolture, Ipswich, the Downs, Townsville and Central Queensland could have significant catchments of very talented footballers but are being let down by an administration that cares only about their mates. If they were supported well, Queensland could possibly build the strongest Premier Grade Competition in Australia, maybe even the World.

But again I think that Sunnybank are a incredible club that add a huge amount to Queensland Rugby, with some of the best and most passionate grassroots supporters in Australia. They deserve everything they have for putting up the good fight.

Simon Smale

Frank Row (1)
Anyone else head down to the Brothers match last night?

Got my first look at Tupou there at tight-head in the second half...

He moves pretty well for a big boy! Found himself in the line a few times and had 4 decent carries - made big meters after the initial tackle too. His first contact took four players to bring him down - and he left one of them on the ground too.

I'm no expert on scrummaging - how did people think he went there?

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
24-7 to Uni.
Some real strange decisions from the ref (no idea who he was or where from) and 2 Norths sin binnings didn't help the cause.
20mins with 14 players is tough against Uni.
Can't blame the red though.
12-7 for the majority of the game.
Other results?

Sent from my mind......

Pauly

Sydney Middleton (9)
Easts 20 d GPS 18. Weird win for my Tigers as Jeeps seemed to have the "rub of the green " for most of the game and looked like winning until the last 60 seconds. Great Tigers' effort as some of their key regular Prem players were missing. Bottomley was rocking and no team will have an easy game there in 2015.
Ref turned the 1st half into a yellow card-fest and he was obsessively concerned about the forwards but to his credit he was fair to both sides. Great day at Tigerland.

Bond d Souths 19-17. Bond will cause some grief this year. Good to see.
Uni d Norths 24-7
Sunnybank d Wests 29-18. Good. Only Wests fans like to see Wests winning. "Take me home Sylvan Road" makes me vomit. Still.

QPR is far more entertaining than the Reds. What the hell is going on with those "stars" - 29-0 at 76:45 ... woeful!

Status
Not open for further replies.