• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

SX I won't say anything about the GF until the Tigers opponnent is determined.

The Tigers have played 2 GF v Souths in '95(loss) & '97(win).

Easts & Uni have never played a GF against each other, although I think they played the 1984 preliminary final.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Sorry lots of free time today
Seems only four players played in half or more of the GPS 3rd grade games
The whole team has under 60 appearances for the year in 3's
Just butting in but from an outside perspective it seems stacked

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
TT, I've had my vent at your comments and think I have made my point clear and how I will approach any further unwarranted low blows from you towards the GPS club. I will now conclude my rant at your careless comments so we can return to discussing the important matters regarding the penultimate weeks of the competition.

If Souths win against UQ, permitting they don't pick up any significant injuries I think Souths go onto beat Easts in the GF (And No, that prediction is not anything to do with TT)

If UQ win, I think Easts win.

Souths have been a tricky proposition all year for all the top teams and if their cattle remains intact, I think they'll ride that momentum into the GF. Will be great to see how things pan out.

T

Tigers Tale

Going back to Prems the final 3 sides finished the home & away season with the following for & against records.

Easts - for 5th & against 4th
Uni - 4th & 3rd
Souths - 2nd & 5th

So the prelim is 4th v 2nd in attack and 3rd v 5th in defence.

What are people's objective views on the preliminary final?

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Soo it's been a pretty boring last hour at work so I thought I'd have a look at what all this is about.

To qualify for 3rd grade the players must have started 4 games or more in that grade or lower (Injury dispensation excluded). On that basis six of the starting 15 hadn't started in 4 games, and four on the bench didn't have the required starts either (not sure if the same rules apply to bench players).

I simply looked over the Jeeps 4th grade so I could have missed a game or 2 if players had played a couple lower.

If they all applied for dispensation and it was accepted then it shouldn't be an issue for Jeeps and they'll be playing in the Semi this weekend.

T

Train Without a Station

Sorry lots of free time today
Seems only four players played in half or more of the GPS 3rd grade games
The whole team has under 60 appearances for the year in 3's
Just butting in but from an outside perspective it seems stacked

Gunner I think the rule is half of the players' appearances, not half of the grade's total games.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Of course
I am just taking a quick look and if you see that a team in a finals match has played the equivalent of less than a third of games when combined appearances vs available appearances are taken into account
It looks like a team stacking or decimated by injury

T

Tigers Tale

I am sorry I have upset you Stallion.

Good luck to your one remaining side - Prem Colts.

My comments re "the 3rd grade affair" would have been the same if it was any club and if Easts found themselves in the same predicament I would hope that they would just take the punishment.

In no way were my posts motivated by my feelings towards the GPS club who I actually gave a wrap to a couple of weeks ago.

Enjoy the off season.

T

Tigers Tale

Can we please return to Prem Grade talk and if Stallion and others want to continue with it please start up a 3rd Grade stream!!!

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
Agree, lets return to Prem Grade chat while the rest of us can start a "TT Please Explain" stream at a later stage for all the posts that TT makes without base or proof about the GPS club.

If Souths win against UQ, permitting they don't pick up any significant injuries I think Souths go onto beat Easts in the GF (And No, that prediction is not anything to do with TT)

If UQ win, I think Easts win.

Souths have been a tricky proposition all year for all the top teams and if their cattle remains intact, I think they'll ride that momentum into the GF. Will be great to see how things pan out.

GPSGPSGPS

Frank Nicholson (4)
TT, Just to clarify "Orangegate" TT, it was in fact Easts who had entered the dressing room early, we were locked out of our own dressing room and made to stand in the corridor for 20 minutes until Souths ran out at which point the boys were "allowed" to go and take a shower! Big ask for a premier Colts side to have a dressing room after a Major Semi I know, but that is another issue!

I must fess up, it was me that ate all of your oranges and sandwiches, delicious, thank you! Good luck in the Big Dance!

T

Tigers Tale

Stallion & GPSx3 give it up - no one is really interested in the affairs of Yoku Rd.

Why don't you start a "what went wrong at Yoku in 2015" stream?

Because at the moment I seem to be the scapegoat for your current disillusionment and I will rightly take it if I have gone beyond the point of reasonableness but I haven't in this one guys.

That isn't to say I may have in the past but not on this occasion.

GPSGPSGPS

Frank Nicholson (4)
You seem more interested in Yoku Rd than anyone champion. You would like that wouldn't you, you would be the main contributor seeing as though you take such a keen interest in the inner workings of our club.

What is your actual role at Easts? You are one of the greatest keyboard warriors I have ever seen!

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
There's the "Bottomley Bill 'O Reilly" we all know and love. Totally ignore the baseless comment you made, deflect onto a totally different topic altogether and then return to your tasteless banter void of any humility and class, totally exposing your fake attempt at an apology. classic TT at his best.

And true to form, and even more deluded you've taken the role of the victim in this whole fiasco which is entirely of your doing. Pathetic.

D

daz

Good evening everyone. Just a quick hello to you all, and a friendly reminder to play nice, please.

Lets stop the repetitive back and forth; take it into PM and trash it out like grownups, then come back and enjoy discussing the joys of Qld club rugby with a more tolerant approach.

For those who haven't seen me before, I apologise that I am not usually in this corner of the forums, but I have been asked by the Mod team to keep an eye on things here.

However, dark green on my avatar should tell you that my axe cuts just as deep over here as it does in other parts of GAGR.

Enjoy your discussion!

;)

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Fuck me TT, the Easts posters don't visit for a few days and you've managed to turn this thread into a shitfight!

Onto the weekend, I think University will still be too good for Souths. The Magpies are on a great run, but the Heavies are still the front runners in my mind.

Gutted I won't be at the GF due to a work commitment, but it will be a toss of the coin result, regardless of who ends up playing Easts.

T

Tigers Tale

Good evening everyone. Just a quick hello to you all, and a friendly reminder to play nice, please.

Lets stop the repetitive back and forth; take it into PM and trash it out like grownups, then come back and enjoy discussing the joys of Qld club rugby with a more tolerant approach.

For those who haven't seen me before, I apologise that I am not usually in this corner of the forums, but I have been asked by the Mod team to keep an eye on things here.

However, dark green on my avatar should tell you that my axe cuts just as deep over here as it does in other parts of GAGR.

Enjoy your discussion!

;)

Daz - please arrange for the TT designation to be retired.

The unnecessary and unfounded attack on TT today has resulted in a terminal loss of enjoyment for contribution to the forum - I will observe a QPR thread in the future but I would like TT to be disconnected. It is right and appropriate that TT is put to rest because my passion for the Tigers prevents me from time to time to be objective.

I will leave you with this last thought & something that you will hear a lot of at the GF - Easts Easts Easts Easts Easts

Status
Not open for further replies.