• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The QPR forum has ground to a halt. Any Tigers supporter willing to put their hand up and become chief antagonist in place of the absent TT?

I would like TT to come back on Green and Gold Rugby. But I don't think I (and many others) could put up with him if the Hospital Cup ventures to Bottemley Park on Sunday night.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
There will be Tigers aplenty win lose or draw at Ballymore.
Tigers are Gold Tigers are Blue
Souths are bold Souths finish two

In the words of an Easts defender in the 90's after belting Rupert McCall "write a poem about that you f***wit"

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I wish I could attend this match, but I'll be away for work. Hopefully the mighty Magpies can roll those boofhead Tigers!

C'mon Souths!
Gutted aswell! Only missed 2-3 Easts games each year.....and now I have to work on the Grand Final!

Confident the Tigers will be able to get the win. I think if they can essentially slow the the game to suit their pack, it will go a long way in forcing the result.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Should be a great afternoon on Sunday (especially if Easts win!). Lots of junior teams coming along, even having a BBQ in the carpark to make an occasion of it all. Congratulations to both clubs, let's hope we have a great game from both - last minute victory to Easts is my prediction. It might even get some media attention.

Student of the Game

Peter Burge (5)
Seriously missing TT on here lately, it's been way too quiet.

On the GF this weekend, I feel that if Easts play the clinical style of footy that they have all year and control the speed of the game, then they'll come out on top. If we makes a lot of mistakes though and give Souths a sniff then we could be in trouble. I certainly won't be celebrating a win until the final whsitle regardless of the margin. It only takes one try for Souths to gain momentum and I've seen them on several occasions put on plenty of points in a short amount of time to come from behind and win.

Surprised to see nothing on here as yet about the Reds announcement yesterday considering most of them are products of QPR. Very happy to see McIntyre and Greene get contracts and that should be an exciting battle come pre-season to see who gets the nod to start.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/q...462480129?sv=d8fa4468bf7f2e04e2398888e7aeee6a

Anyone from Souths got any insight on this? Credit to Pacone for sticking with the blokes that have got them where they are.

Would be a useful bloke to have on the bench though... Maybe Tim Sampson can give him a call to see if he wants to pull on an Easts jersey - he does live in the Easts catchment. Maybe he can run the water out - I recall last time Easts were in the GF they had Eddie Quirk, who was injured, running water.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
It doesn't say anything about him sitting on the bench though! Would be interesting if he does. Although, Souths would have had to apply for dispensation as Brothers did for JOC (James O'Connor) and I would say that window would be closed unless they have already done it.

T

Train Without a Station

In some ways good on them but at the same time disappointing that they aren't providing the avenue for top line players to be active.

More importantly how much of a crowd drawer would Quade be for the match?

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think you may find that this story is a bit of a beat up as I have it from reliable sources that it was never a goer.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I think you may find that this story is a bit of a beat up as I have it from reliable sources that it was never a goer.

then why not tell the truth?

Piccone looking like a D-bag saying "we don't want to mess with the backline chemistry" when the real story was along the lines of "Cheika didn't release Quade to Club Rugby"

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Further to the Quade Cooper and Souths story. My reliable sources have again reiterated that Quade is always welcome to play for Souths. In this case the coaching staff was NEVER approached by Souths to play Quade and in any case dispensation would have been needed and this was not sought and therefore if they were never approached then they never refused. If you read the C-M article closely Piccone is quoted profusely about his team and there is not one ACTUAL quote about refusing to play Quade. Facts are important!!!

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I know this is a Premier Grade forum but I must make mention and pass on congratulations to Todd (the Dad) and Daniel Pepper (the son) who will play together on Saturday in the Souths 3rd grade Grand Final team. I am not sure if this , a father and son playing in a Grand Final, has happened before but I am sure that they will remember it for the years to come. Who will look after who on Mad Monday???

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
image.jpg

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Gordon v Brown
Parraka v Feao (at scrum time)
Quirk v Turner
Hagen v Muirhead
Mullins v Malolua

And the big one in my mind, White v Feauai-Sautia.

Both teams have some electric backs, but it's all about the set peice and tight 5 in this one.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Looking at the team lists it's a pretty good match up man for man
In my opinion (on only what I have seen in the past)
Easts have the advantage at 1,2,8,9,10,12
Souths at 5,7,13,14
And evens across the rest
In game play again close allround but
Scrum to easts
Lineouts to souths
First phase attack easts
Kick return souths
Defence even
General play kicking easts (by a bit)
Kick offs easts
Broken play Souths

Souths thrive on any mistake but easts don't give too many so should be a very tight battle
Easts are the deserved favourites but Souths have been playig a gf for the last month so they will be ready.
For that reason I think it will be either Souths in a close one or easts by 13+

Status
Not open for further replies.