• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Just asked the same question on the Reds board, but has Brad Lacey been assigned a club?

Also I spotted Phil Kite on an ergo in the Reds preseason photos. That should be a timely boost to the Gallopers front row

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
I hear the early mail is that big Phil Kite will be at the Nest this year at Shaw Rd. Hopefully GPS can sway him back to Yoku Rd if that is the case!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bulldog are you involved in the setup at Wests or are you just plucking hairs ?

Just very long term and loyal supporter but I am also a realist. And from Wests recent history and looking at what occurs in other sports sadly I just don't see how the Bulldogs can make any great strides forward unless they rejig the the coaching set up but increased input from Broadie and Phil Mooney will have a positive impact.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Heard a few GT players are heading to UQ. The winger William Eadie is one of them. Sensational pick up for the Students if that's the case.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Yes this is the case. Eadie is on an EPS with the Reds but I don't know if he will be playing premier grade as of yet

nightnday

Allen Oxlade (6)
Broadie probably used a bit of Terrace to Terrace talk to pull Maranta to Wests

Well done to Broadie. Does anyone from Wests know who has been recruited for this season? I hear that pre-season training numbers have not been great with no real new faces so far. On the minus column Wests have lost, Tyrone Lefau, Tim Smith and Jake Newell all quality players.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Heard a few GT players are heading to UQ. The winger William Eadie is one of them. Sensational pick up for the Students if that's the case.

Eadie's father Nathan was a light weight #7 for Uni in the early 1990s so no surprise that his son ends up at Uni. Nathan may well have been in an A grade premiership- I am certain that at the very least he played in a GF.

Dunc Johnston

Frank Nicholson (4)
Well done to Broadie. Does anyone from Wests know who has been recruited for this season? I hear that pre-season training numbers have not been great with no real new faces so far. On the minus column Wests have lost, Tyrone Lefau, Tim Smith and Jake Newell all quality players.
You could say similar things about GPS, yet from what I understand there's some good additions at yoku road for this season, not household names but guys who will make good contributions. I understand the same goes for Wests, some good additions in the tight five, backrow and outside backs. Just because they haven't bombarded social media with gains doesn't mean they haven't picked players up. Expect the Mathison effect to see some familiar names crop back up on the team lists.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Mathison will certainly get results at Yoku. Gps fans shouldn't worry.

You don't need household names to win premierships. Easts (2013) and Souths (2015) are examples of this.

nightnday

Allen Oxlade (6)
You could say similar things about GPS, yet from what I understand there's some good additions at yoku road for this season, not household names but guys who will make good contributions. I understand the same goes for Wests, some good additions in the tight five, backrow and outside backs. Just because they haven't bombarded social media with gains doesn't mean they haven't picked players up. Expect the Mathison effect to see some familiar names crop back up on the team lists.

I like your thinking regarding Wests not bombarding social media with new gains...... unfortunately I think the reason is not modesty but that there simply aren't any:(

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
How are the mighty gallopers travelling in pre season? Who is matho's assistant? Last I heard he was trying to track down Tim Atkinson from Darwin, but atko seems fairly intrenched in the NT 7's program up there.

Matho's assistant is Elwee Prinsloo who has been in the Force and Perth Spirit set up for a few years prior. Both coaches involved in NRC last year - club is pretty pumped this was able to happen after the Shane Arnold shamozzle.

Tim Atkinson couldn't commit due to his pilot commitments - pretty sure he is still pencilled in for next year though pending a transfer for his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Matho's assistant is Elwee Prinsloo who has been in the Force and Perth Spirit set up for a few years prior. Both coaches involved in NRC last year - club is pretty pumped this was able to happen after the Shane Arnold shamozzle.

Why was it a shamozzle?

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Any word of a draw for the upcoming season yet?
Clubs all have the draw.

Will be a bit different this year with Logan in from reggies down means all prems teams will keep a bye while the rest of the club plays.

There is also clubwide byes for Easter and the Brisbane test. So to save 4 teams from having 2 rounds of double byes certain rounds are swapped around.

So for example the team you play in round 2 you would usually play in round 11 but now you could play them in round 2 and round 15.

I think uni plays GPS in round 3 then not again until 16 but play brothers, norths and the bank twice all with in 6 or 7 weeks.

Should add a bit to the comp

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
2017Calendar.105916.png

Status
Not open for further replies.