• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Top 10 Recruits of Premier Rugby 2017:

1. Laione Mulikihaamea (GPS)
With GPS posing the most dominant scrum in the comp, it has allowed the Gallopers front football that they require to unleash a backline full of talent. Laione has been a major factor in this and thus I believe is the top recruit of 2017

Last year i worked at Joondalup, the club that Laione was at before making Spirit, he had worked his ass off that summer to get fit and healthy for the season. A year and a half later and im thinking he could be looking at a Pro contract somewhere. So proud of him.

manwithcaninhand

Peter Burge (5)
For those thinking easts are still in the hunt please read below.

Basically Wests go through regardless of the outcome of this weekends games because they have more wins than Easts

Believe me, no Tigers fan that I know is expecting to play finals footy after 6, maybe 7, wins all season.

I reckon it will be one of the best finals series in years. Any of those four teams could be worthy Premiers.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
The Whisperer great write up of top recruits. Are you intending on doing a write up/performance review of each club/Premier Grade team for 2017? I'd love to see your insights and opinions. Mine would be a little bias.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'd love more QPR content for the front page to showcase the quality of the comp, team and players. Some players and friends of players getting into the discussion over the social media channels.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A few have been contacted already by the coaches, so I'd say there would be a fair few they are looking at. You will probably see quite a few of the recent Aus u20's getting a run this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know who the coaches are for the QLD teams?

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Should be club coaches and staff all the way through.

Exposure to next level for not only the players, but coaches and co, surely is a good thing for Qld rugby??

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
I'm happy with those appointments.

I feared it would be Arnold and Gilmore
But Thorn?

Why not Matho?

He has done well to turn GPS around and they are playing some good footy!

Top coaches should be rewarded, otherwise, like players, they will look for other opportunities, possibly weakening the ranks.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah that's a fair call but I suspect Thorn is on the Australian coaching elevator now. He's been with the Wallabies so they obviously want him in the system. He needs some head coaching experience with grown ups. Not a bad start.

Plus I suspect he will have a pretty handy team too.

15 Ngamanu
14 Fidow??
13 Perese
12 Duncan
11 Nabuli
10 Stewart
9 Tuttle
8 Hewat
7 Wright
6 Timu
5 Douglas
4 Rodda
3 Tupou
2 Mafi
1 Fa'agase

But this is for another thread,

T

TOCC

Should be club coaches and staff all the way through.

Exposure to next level for not only the players, but coaches and co, surely is a good thing for Qld rugby??

The last few years the NRC assistant coaches have been filled with those from club rugby haven't they?

What is an ideal pathway for a coach from QPR head coach through to Super Rugby, In a perfect world(aka New Zealand) it goes somewhere along the lines of:
Club Rugby head coach -> ITM Cup assistant coach -> Age group head coach -> Super Rugby Assistant Coach -> ITM Head Coach -> Super Rugby Head Coach

In Australia we tend to go:
Player -> Super Rugby assistant coach -> Wallabies assistant coach -> Super Rugby head coach -> Europe

Dunc Johnston

Frank Nicholson (4)
Great write up on the recruits of the season, we have certainly benefitted from Laione and AJ this year at Yoku road, they've been instrumental. I agree about Tibbets at Easts as well, he seems to have a new lease on life at Tiger land.

I'd like to throw in/query Connor Anderson at Wests? The former QLD U20s lock/backrow. Is this the same guy now playing for Wests? Very interested that if it is he's clearly left Norths early in the season, be very interested to know why and what factors contributed to this? Lots of ex-Norths floating around Premier Grade doing really well by the sounds of it.

Can anyone clarify this?

Can't wait to watch the finals, Matho and Elwee have done a brilliant job this year, I still think come finals its anyones competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.