• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
At the midway point of the season what are people's thought on:
1. Premiership favourite?
2. Best attack?
3. Best defence?
4. Best pack?
5. Who'll make the finals?

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Agreed, UQ are a great team and have hit their straps once again. Would be interested to see which players from UQ you would include?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Has anyone got a team for the first round pencilled in? There's been a lot of great individual performances so far.
1. Manu Bond
2. Ready Easts
3. Burke GPS
4. Bennet Souths
5. Lynch Wests
6. Wilson Bros
7. Farell Souths
8. Ford Bond
9. Gale UQ
10. Cooper Souths
11. Gibbon Bros
12. Gordon Easts
13. Tasi Souths
14. Totovosau Easts
15. Nikoro GPS
Unfortunately not enough Jeeps boys there but I'm sure we will kick into gear next round.
For mind Ford, Lynch & Gordon have been the standout players to date.

Going to nominate 2 more Wests boys and move Jeremiah Lynch to #6... But I've thought Rob Puliuvea in the 2nd row has played really well, seems to be on the scoresheet every week and has simply been overshadowed by just how much of a dominate year Jeremiah Lynch is having...

And then in the backline. How can we leave off Liam Dillion.. The pesky little halfback who has jets to burn. Started off the year playing reserve grade after being demoted when Moses Sorovi made the move to the Kennel but now that Sorovi is a regular in the Reds rotation, Liam Dillion provides an elite threat to run the ball to the house, also one of the best tacklers pound for pound.. Fingers crossed LD is able to latch on with one of the NRC outfits because he is definitely deserving to play higher level of Football.

LegalEagle... How can you leave out your own captain Michael Richards? I know Tai Ford is a handy player but the GPS captain scored a hat trick against my doggies and was best on park that day.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
At the midway point of the season what are people's thought on:
1. Premiership favourite?
2. Best attack?
3. Best defence?
4. Best pack?
5. Who'll make the finals?

1. Souths
2. UQ
3. TBA
4. GPS Front Row/Wests Back 5.
5. Souths/UQ/GPS/Easts

Reactions: dru

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Haha, was only trying to make it fair. Both your inclusions have been solid. Ricko is very good each week in saying that Ford has been excellent for Bond and must have some sore shoulders from carrying his side thus far.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
With the top 4 of
South 24
Uni 24
Easts 23
GPS 19
Going into this weekend's games.

All four can qualify for the Welsby Cup - gee its tight at the top.

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
After watching the Easts vs Wests game last week, I rate the Easts pack highly.

They created 2 penalty tries (one from a scum and one from a lineout) and a Yellow card for a scrum infringement.

Looking forward to hear how the highly rated GPS front row goes against the Easts front row.

Hopefully the lack of front rowers (Slipper and U/20 reps) in the Reds doesn't draw even more from Easts.

Should be some cracking games on the weekend

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Great win by the bulldogs. The 2 prior matches in colts & 2nd grade were high stakes 1 vs 2 clashes with brothers getting the chocolates in both matches but the prems retaining the Pileki-Shaw cup was essential to honour the greatest bulldog ever in the first match since his passing.

TBOY

Bob McCowan (2)
Not sure the hospital cup premier grade ladder is correct this morning. I think the ladder may have been updated by the same guy that refereed the Wests Vs Brothers game.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not sure the hospital cup premier grade ladder is correct this morning. I think the ladder may have been updated by the same guy that refereed the Wests Vs Brothers game.

Yes by my calc

South 28
Uni 25
Gps 24
Easts 23
Snbk 19
Wests 16
Bond 16
Bros 12
Norths 11

Snbk, Wests & Bond still close enough if good enough

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The recruitments we had in the Wests Colts last year all packed up to go home to play junior ITM last year and left us short going into the finals.

Do you think we will be able to hold onto them for finals in 2018?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
According to G&G News - Quade is out for at least a month with an MCL injury sustained on the weekend against Uni.

So South's will be pleased to have the bye this weekend.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
The recruitments we had in the Wests Colts last year all packed up to go home to play junior ITM last year and left us short going into the finals.

Do you think we will be able to hold onto them for finals in 2018?

I don’t actually know which players you are referring too.

I follow the senior grades more then I do the colts program so I’m the last person you’d want to ask... maybe pop your head over in the colts thread and ask getwifhmw

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Wonder which reds players not involved with the wallabies will be playing club rugby next Saturday? I don’t foresee the reds resting any players... think we will see 99% of the playing group back in #3rdtier

Status
Not open for further replies.