• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
According to G&G News - Quade is out for at least a month with an MCL injury sustained on the weekend against Uni.

So South's will be pleased to have the bye this weekend.
Quade has tweeted 3 to 4 weeks for the injury, so hopefully with the bye, he may only miss a couple of games.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don’t actually know which players you are referring too.

I follow the senior grades more then I do the colts program so I’m the last person you’d want to ask. maybe pop your head over in the colts thread and ask getwifhmw

Tnx SX

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Quade has tweeted 3 to 4 weeks for the injury, so hopefully with the bye, he may only miss a couple of games.

I thought they looked better without him on the weekend. He was trying to be too fancy in the rain on Saturday. They should have been ahead by 20+ but they kept trying high risks play.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Jets - please tell me (for the sake of Irony) that you have been attacking BT for not playing QC (Quade Cooper) on the reds forum.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yes I was early in the year. Now I've moved on. I was hopeful Quade would have stood up and performed on the weekend but, in my view, he was a hand break on the Souths team.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Some really important match ups this weekend. All sides still in the hunt for the four with only Norths out of contention and Brothers just hanging in there by a thread. If Jeeps can get over Brothers this weekend that will more than likely be them gone for the season but I'm sure it will be a really entertaining game. Brothers have been unlucky this season losing many games by no more that a few points and like with Wests with a bit of luck could see them both up in the four. Easts v UQ will be a good indicator to see just where both sides are after some great form at the back end of the first round and both Bond and Wests will be desperate for the W to try and stay in touch. Id' expect Sunnybank to pick up a bonus point win against Norths who by all reports were not great last week.
Jeeps over Brothers by 9
Easts over UQ by 2
Bond over Wests by 4
Sunnybank over Norths by 30+

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
I thought they looked better without him on the weekend. He was trying to be too fancy in the rain on Saturday. They should have been ahead by 20+ but they kept trying high risks play.
Apart from the match winning try, Souths crossed the line another 4 or 5 times, only to be called back for a foot in touch here, or a forward pass there. Surely that's about finishing, not about being fancy.

Neville Magee

Stan Wickham (3)
Some really important match ups this weekend. All sides still in the hunt for the four with only Norths out of contention and Brothers just hanging in there by a thread. If Jeeps can get over Brothers this weekend that will more than likely be them gone for the season but I'm sure it will be a really entertaining game. Brothers have been unlucky this season losing many games by no more that a few points and like with Wests with a bit of luck could see them both up in the four. Easts v UQ will be a good indicator to see just where both sides are after some great form at the back end of the first round and both Bond and Wests will be desperate for the W to try and stay in touch. Id' expect Sunnybank to pick up a bonus point win against Norths who by all reports were not great last week.
Jeeps over Brothers by 9
Easts over UQ by 2
Bond over Wests by 4
Sunnybank over Norths by 30+

If you keep doing the same you get the same result - my tip is for Brothers to take home the Bunter chinaware (assuming it is a ceramic bowl and not steel thing) this week and for a fresh approach to game management to maybe be a tipping point for a season possibly lost but possibly redeemable. A mildly big call that if effected could generate a very interesting second half season of park rugby. And then the pundits would be talking even more passionately once again.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is it just me or has this thread mellowed over the years.

I miss the days when "Filth" would take on all comers and "TT" would spray everyone.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
If you keep doing the same you get the same result - my tip is for Brothers to take home the Bunter chinaware (assuming it is a ceramic bowl and not steel thing) this week and for a fresh approach to game management to maybe be a tipping point for a season possibly lost but possibly redeemable. A mildly big call that if effected could generate a very interesting second half season of park rugby. And then the pundits would be talking even more passionately once again.

I would be amazed if Brothers were to make semi final football in 2018 - I don't think it's even mathematically possible let alone in rugby terms.

If it takes 10 wins to make the semis then Brothers need to win 8 of the last 8, mind you Wests & Bond need 7 from 8 - also a tough task.

I am not giving up on the Bulldogs just yet but the loser of Wests v Bond might just need to start planning the end of season trip after Saturday.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Apart from the match winning try, Souths crossed the line another 4 or 5 times, only to be called back for a foot in touch here, or a forward pass there. Surely that's about finishing, not about being fancy.
All of that was in the second half when Quade was off. I agree with jets quade was poor and Souths looked much better after he left.
From memory Quade dropped it 3 times and turned it over with shit attacking kicks another 2 or 3 times. That’s a high turn over rate in a half of footy for anyone.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
All of that was in the second half when Quade was off. I agree with jets quade was poor and Souths looked much better after he left.
From memory Quade dropped it 3 times and turned it over with shit attacking kicks another 2 or 3 times. That’s a high turn over rate in a half of footy for anyone.
Interesting. I guess in some people's eyes QC (Quade Cooper) can do little right. So be it. However, I don't think you get my point. Jets suggested that Souths should have been ahead by 20 or so points but risky plays prevented this. My point is that apart from scoring the game's only try, Souths did cross the line another 4 or 5 times, only to be called back and the try disallowed. That's about finishing, not about being "fancy" or risky. And it had nothing to do with QC (Quade Cooper) turning the ball over or his cross field kicks.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
Great win yesterday down at Yoku. Score line probably not a true reflection of the game with Brothers playing some really good footy. Easts are looking the real deal at present with a strong win over the students. Bond are also looking like a real threat to play finals. Monster pack and some real class in the backs they will cause some real headaches in the second round. Didn't see the Norths result coming at all but credit to them for hanging in there and getting the win. Will be interesting to see what impact the Reds players make over the next couple of weeks with some of the results. Some massive games this weekend. Bond v Easts will be a cracker and I expect the Bond side to really push us in a close one.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not the result I was after at Sci-Fleet Sylvan Rd yesterday but we really face a last chance saloon for both Wests & Sunnybank next Saturday - other interesting matches are Uni v Bros; Easts v Souths and GPS v Bond. The GPS v Bond game will be match of the round for me - you would have to think that if Bond are z chance to break into the top 4 they need to get wins against top 4 sides.

The top 4 is really condensed so that must keep those outside interested.

Table
GPS 29
Sth 28
Easts 27
Uni 25
Bond 21
Snbk 19
Wests 16
Norths 15
Bros 12

Are Uni looking looking like the top 4 side under most pressure - they'll like to get back some experience from the Reds - Lance(injury?), Sef, Scott-young; Hocking; etc

I hope Higgers & Sorovi run out for the Bulldogs v Sunnybank.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
They should have had an extra 12 points from fairly easy penalty goals that were forsaken for attempts to score a try. Crazy in those conditions, but when QC (Quade Cooper) was off they had no kicker.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Not the result I was after at Sci-Fleet Sylvan Rd yesterday but we really face a last chance saloon for both Wests & Sunnybank next Saturday - other interesting matches are Uni v Bros; Easts v Souths and GPS v Bond. The GPS v Bond game will be match of the round for me - you would have to think that if Bond are z chance to break into the top 4 they need to get wins against top 4 sides.

The top 4 is really condensed so that must keep those outside interested.

Table
GPS 29
Sth 28
Easts 27
Uni 25
Bond 21
Snbk 19
Wests 16
Norths 15
Bros 12

Are Uni looking looking like the top 4 side under most pressure - they'll like to get back some experience from the Reds - Lance(injury?), Sef, Scott-young; Hocking; etc

I hope Higgers & Sorovi run out for the Bulldogs v Sunnybank.

I think you've gifted GPS an extra 5 points.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I believe you will Bulldog is correct, once the currently incorrect Rugby Link Ladder is properly updated.

Ahhhh, right you are. It seems to happen a lot and so slow to update. If only the QRU properly cared.....

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
We'll know within the next 3 weeks whether Bond and Snbk are serious finals contenders

Bond have GPS(H), Uni(H), Easts(A);
Snbk have Wests(H), GPS(A), Uni(A)

It will also show us whether Uni or GPS are vulnerable of falling out of the 4.

Unfortunately I think the 2018 finals is a bridge too far for the Bulldogs but they'll cause some nuisance.

Status
Not open for further replies.