• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I am not sure any bookmakers run game markets these days.

I heard from a source at Ladbrokes a few years ago there was a lot of risk offering markets on what is essentially amateur sport. The QPR isn't exactly well resourced enough to run a full scale integrity unit if you know what I mean. You'd hope it wasn't the case but once wagering gets involved, people take advantage.

Interesting Easts $4.50 to take it out. I didn't think they'd improved their side drastically from last year beyond adding Mowen as coach. Maybe he is the real difference maker though.

Brothers are my favourites to win. As long as their Reds stay healthy, they'll end up getting half a dozen or so players back for the back end of the year and finals. I mean with all the Reds injuries, they're at risk of dropping out of finals contention now that we're playing the kiwi teams. Although I'm sure they wish Faessler was on that list, they've got a hooker crisis down at Crosby at the moment and him shooting off to Randwick won't help.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Now that I’ve seen the published Brothers team, I’m inclined to switch to GPS too. More experience at this level.
Name and shame where is the team named please? As much as I can’t support them never seen the filth name a weak team, just a weakened one

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
42E201E9-1A24-4AB0-B2A6-05664B693A80.png

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Interested to see how Moloney and Strakes go this year.

I reckon there is space in the Reds squad for a veteran loose head. Dane Zander hasn’t exactly been playing well. I know Straker was in the squad previously.

Commenting on my own post.

So apparently Brother's had a new recruit arrive last night, a prop who has been given a Reds contract. Will be coming off the bench fresh for the Filth this weekend.

Anyone at Crosby got any info?

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Commenting on my own post.

So apparently Brother's had a new recruit arrive last night, a prop who has been given a Reds contract. Will be coming off the bench fresh for the Filth this weekend.

Anyone at Crosby got any info?
Disappointing to hear we are "trucking in" recruits before looking at what the QPR has developed.

Another reason QLD Rugby needs to get the club season up and running earlier in the year. QPR Round 1 this weekend when the reds have had 7/ 8 rounds.

This just forces the recruiters to listen to the bullshit hype about different players from the previous year ( and we all know the most hype is about schoolboys) instead of having some current battle hardened players to choose from.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Interested to see how Moloney and Strakes go this year.

I reckon there is space in the Reds squad for a veteran loose head. Dane Zander hasn’t exactly been playing well. I know Straker was in the squad previously.
Saw Straker in Dalby a few weeks ago. Don't think he is in condition to play a super game. Might be a bit fast for him now.

Mug Punter

Ward Prentice (10)
Moloney was offered a contract a few years ago and turned it down. Think he's happy working and just playing club

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Disappointing to hear we are "trucking in" recruits before looking at what the QPR has developed.

Another reason QLD Rugby needs to get the club season up and running earlier in the year. QPR Round 1 this weekend when the reds have had 7/ 8 rounds.

This just forces the recruiters to listen to the bullshit hype about different players from the previous year ( and we all know the most hype is about schoolboys) instead of having some current battle hardened players to choose from.
I heard Albert Anae.
The Bank would be upset

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I heard Albert Anae.
The Bank would be upset

That would lineup with what I heard. It wasn't a younger bloke, more experienced.

Doesn't he play hooker these days? Would also make sense for the Filth as they are short on hookers and the Reds need some.