• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2022

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I am not sure GPS can field a much stronger team than what ran out on the weekend

do you know the status of Josh Collins? He’s either got a nasty injury that’s kept him out of qpr or picked up a well deserved contract abroad.

I thought your gallopers were right in the contest Phil. It was the yellow card to the lock where the bulldogs had the numerical advantage and scored 2 unanswered to open the game.

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
do you know the status of Josh Collins? He’s either got a nasty injury that’s kept him out of qpr or picked up a well deserved contract abroad.

I thought your gallopers were right in the contest Phil. It was the yellow card to the lock where the bulldogs had the numerical advantage and scored 2 unanswered to open the game.
Rugby Explorer shows 4 tries each with goal kicking the difference

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Rugby Explorer shows 4 tries each with goal kicking the difference
I believe it was a 20-12 scoreline then wests scored 2 unanswered - gps striked back and scored in last 10…

Haven’t watched the replay yet. I might have wires mixed

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I am not sure GPS can field a much stronger team than what ran out on the weekend and they will be assessing the damage after a fairly comprehensive loss at home. Wests looked good, having the Rebels boys there for an extended period this season has given them more cohesion.

GPS play Norths this weekend so you'd think most of their teams will grab bonus point wins. The competition looks very close across a number of grades this year, GPS in particular need some wins to crack finals in 2nd grade so playing Norths is a real bonus for them at this stage of the season.
It is the sort of competition you won’t want to peak too early. Maybe West have, whereas Uni look like they’re building.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don’t know whether Uni are building they have moved Pat Morey into lock and their scrum was taught a lesson against Easts. But I am not as naive as to write off Uni’s chances - they’ll be there when the whips are cracking in the finals.

Last edited:

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I am not sure Alex Mafi will be running out for Bond anymore - apparently he did his hamstring at training last week.

Have heard he was actually cleared to play club footy 4 weeks ago, but has been struggling with hammy issues.

This weekend is really the big one for Bond - you'd think GPS beat Norths convincingly and get 5 points. Bond really need to knock off UQ and have some confidence to go to Crosby and get a win which keeps the finals hunt interesting. Losses against UQ and Brothers would surely be the end of them.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don’t know whether Uni are building they have moved Pat Morey into lock and their scrum was taught a lesson against Easts. But I am not as naive as to write off Uni’s chances - they’ll be there when the whips are cracking in the finals.
They’re not peaking early that is certain but they are beating top 6 team.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
915862C4-0037-4DE1-A6C5-BD79259E77ED.jpeg

Last edited:

Ruck n Maul

Herbert Moran (7)
It's a shame to Sione going from the Bank, I think he's done a great job with what he's had to work with, I'm sure he will do good things with the Wallaroos in a more full-time(ish) capacity. It'll be very interesting to see who takes the job on.

I've also heard 2 other compass clubs are looking at making changes to their coaching staff - any truth to this and if so who might be some potential candidates?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Any truth to the whispers about Ben McCormack back at Brothers as attack coach next season?

hasn’t he taken Randwick to the Shute shield playoffs

coming back to be an attack coach would be a step backwards and could probably walk into 2 or 3 qpr vacancies.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

coming back to be an attack coach would be a step backwards and could probably walk into 2 or 3 qpr vacancies.
might have butchers stripes in his blood though

Bumble B

Stan Wickham (3)
Seems like a few vacancies already popping up for 2023 season. Sunnybank and Souths the ones that were made public but plenty of talk around some potential changes for some other clubs. Interesting times seeming the current season is still going.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)

His wife's business is QLD based and is quite successful. He also still works for Rohrig and commutes back to the Gold Coast and Brisbane frequently.

Apparently Randwick had to really push for him to commit for season 2022.

From what I've heard, he would be looking for a significant opportunity to stay in NSW, otherwise it's likely he returns to some type of role in QLD, even if it is a 'step back' but he would be closer to family and supporting his wife.