• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not my preferred option but definitely better than it could have been. Very interested to see what Les Kiss can do with all of our potential and particularly how the recruiting goes. Certainly he's signed some big names in his past role, hopefully that wasn't just due to London Irish throwing silly money around like it was for Adam Coleman.

Would like to see Heenan and Blake retained as assistants. I'll be happy if we keep McKay and Hames too but that's less crucial and I could understand them moving in from McKay to get more of a refresh. Zane Hilton and Matt Cockbain are both very interesting, experienced candidates as potential forwards coaches, I'll be pretty happy if we get one of them in.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
This genuinely seems like a decent process with a very good likelihood of a good result. The "most experienced HC" since Link is an interesting stat.

I'd have been scathing with a poor effort, so the Reds machine deserves a firm tick from myself. Well done guys.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
This genuinely seems like a decent process with a very good likelihood of a good result. The "most experienced HC" since Link is an interesting stat.
Yes, surely he's a certainty to takeover the Wallabies after Eddie's abusive brimstone approach fizzles out in 3 years time...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TSR

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I do wonder if we'll see some more appointments as we're still down a scrum coach aren't we?

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Yes, surely he's a certainty to takeover the Wallabies after Eddie's abusive brimstone approach fizzles out in 3 years time...
Eddie made the RWC final 4yrs into his England stint, 4.5yrs if you want to be more specific. So guess Eddie will be leaving 1.5yrs earlier than the teams height of their powers

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Noting Les Kiss’s recent experience and exposure is in Europe, I wonder if he has any European based players in mind for bringing into the Reds. Might be one or two London Irish players worth throwing a contract at for 2024 at least.

TryRugby

Bob McCowan (2)
Signings and re-signings have started.

This is for confirmed contracts, as much as possible. Let me know if I missed any.

Queensland Reds 2024 (24 signed)

TBC – Head Coach
TBC – Assistant Coach (attack)
TBC – Assistant Coach (defense)
TBC – Assistant Coach

Hookers:
Richie Asiata -2024
Josh Nasser - 2024
Matt Faessler - 2025

Props:
Zane Nonggorr - 2024
Sef Fa'agase - 2024

Locks:
Ryan Smith - 2024
Luke Jones - 2025
Angus Blyth - 2025

Backrow:
Liam Wright - 2024
Connor Anderson - 2024
Fraser McReight - 2025
Seru Uru - 2025
Harry Wilson - 2025

Scrumhalf:
Tate McDermott - 2027
Kalani Thomas - 2025

Flyhalf:
Tom Lynagh - 2025
Lawson Creighton - 2024
Harry McLaughlin-Phillips - 2025

Centres:
Josh Flook - 2024
Jordan Petaia - 2024
Frankie Goldsbrough - 2024? (possible Academy)
Hunter Paisami - 2024

Wings:
Suliasi Vunivalu - 2025

Fullback:
Jock Campbell - 2024

UNSIGNED:

George Blake - 2023
Harry Hoopert - 2023
Dane Zander - 2023
Phransis Sula-Siaosi - 2023
Peni Ravai - 2023
Lopeti Faifau - 2023
Connor Vest - 2023
Wilson Blyth - 2023
Keynan Tauakipulu -???
Spencer Jeans - 2023
James O'Connor - 2023
Taj Annan - 2023
Isaac Henry - 2023
Mac Grealy - 2023
Floyd Aubrey - 2022

RUMOURED GONE:
James O'Connor - Force

CONFIRMED GONE:
Taniela Tupou - Melbourne Redels
Filipo Daugunu - Melbourne Redels
Any news of further signings, including the development contracts yet, or will everything be on hold until Kiss gets here & on board?

Last edited:

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
You’d think there is some decent coin to be spent considering Tupou gone. Jones also rumoured to be retiring?

Based on the front row you’d think we’d be looking for an established front rower, but not sure how many elite players on the market.

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Any chance of getting Carter back at the Reds? Realistically Lynagh is a couple of seasons off and we don’t know where his ceiling is.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone know enough about Kiss to say what he brings to the table? I’m happy he’s the best man for the job from the candidates made known. Actual experience as a Head Coach. Does he have a style so to speak? Heavy analysis? Will we see game plans? Quick recycle play? More grinding positional stuff?

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Any chance of getting Carter back at the Reds? Realistically Lynagh is a couple of seasons off and we don’t know where his ceiling is.

No chance or snow chance IMO. The Carter Piccone/Reds incident might have been the worse of all the Piccone/Reds incident.

The only hope would be he wants to come home and the ARU top up he will receive on the next contract is enough for the reds to swallow their anti Piccone pride and welcome him back.