• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Alex Hodgman from the Blues has signed.
That's a good signing, not quite Tupou but 60 Super caps and 4 All Blacks caps is not bad at all.

Anyone know what happened to him this last season? Only played 2 games. Big injury or surpassed at the Blues?

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Shoulder injury put him out for the season. Would have to think one of Zander/Hoopert doesn’t get re-signed now. I’d like to keep Hoopert
I'd also prefer to keep Hoopert over Zander, though there is probably a chance we keep both and lose Ravai to retirement or elsewhere. Hopefully not though, I thought he really built into the season well and looked like he's still got at least a year or two to offer at this level.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'd also prefer to keep Hoopert over Zander, though there is probably a chance we keep both and lose Ravai to retirement or elsewhere. Hopefully not though, I thought he really built into the season well and looked like he's still got at least a year or two to offer at this level.

It would have to be an absolute management disaster if we lost 4 fully contracted props with that many Super Rugby caps in the same year.

Agree with most that Ravai and Hoopert would be the two I'd prioritise.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Anyone know enough about Kiss to say what he brings to the table? I’m happy he’s the best man for the job from the candidates made known. Actual experience as a Head Coach. Does he have a style so to speak? Heavy analysis? Will we see game plans? Quick recycle play? More grinding positional stuff?
All I know is that London Irish have been middle of the table for the years he's been there despite spending big

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Seeing London Irish are now in administration and suspended from the Gallagher premiership most of their players have been signed elsewhere or will be announced as signing elsewhere soon. The best young fullback in England has gone to Racing 92 in France and a number of others have new English clubs.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
With Jones and Tupou gone, and half a dozen other players doing themselves no favours in pumping up their value for renewals, Reds must have a bit of spare cash for Les Kiss to spend on recruits

Last edited:

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Need to recruit but also offload a few that won’t get any better than they were in 22 and 23. Need a couple of decent low mistake centres, 2 locks and 3 props!

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
With Jones and Tupou gone, and half a dozen other players going themselves no favours in pumping up their value for renewals, Reds must have a bit of spare cash for Les Kiss to spend on recruits
A big body for the second row has to be the absolute focus now, if it wasn't already.