• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Queensland Reds 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
He’s a had a few issues in the past which are questionable but he was 21. Geez not like Quade didn’t have some or JOC (James O'Connor). He also talks about them which is a good thing. Would be worse if he was a head in the sand type.

Issues regarding his mum are terrible but they shouldn’t count against him.

He’d cost 1m+ to be a an unknown quantity at 8…

Should spend that on a top tier Prop and 2nd Rower.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He’s a had a few issues in the past which are questionable but he was 21. Geez not like Quade didn’t have some or JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor). He also talks about them which is a good thing. Would be worse if he was a head in the sand type.

What’s Quade’s rap sheet?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
For instance watching the game last weekend with my brother around who has lost a lot of interest in Rugby but brought up “remember when he got charged for Burglary”

I know they were dropped following confidential mediation.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
For instance watching the game last weekend with my brother around who has lost a lot of interest in Rugby but brought up “remember when he got charged for Burglary”

I know they were dropped following confidential mediation.

So accusations of theft that were dropped. Anything else that rivals Hass?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I’m not trying to trash Quade. I was commenting on baggage which unfortunately fair or not it is. Unfair in his case.

I think Haas has more than you want and the amount he’d cost is a HUGE gamble. More than a guy like Sua’ali’i in the backline.

Certianly one of the only positives of Rugby being so low profile.

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
'Haas was hit with a two-year good behaviour bond in February, 2021, after pleading guilty to intimidating police and using offensive language.

He was fined and stood down by the Broncos in 2019 for refusing to co-operate with an investigation being carried out by the integrity unit. He was then fined and banned for three games for intimidating police last year.'

That's from a Fox Sports article April 2022. That's not counting the family issues.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
For the reds it's all about the front 5 and sharpening up the strike out wide. The back row is solid (Wright, McReight, Wilson, Uru, Anderson) and the midfield is ok (JOC (James O'Connor), Paisami, Flook) but at the back if Petaia or vunivalu spend time injured or out of form it starts to look thin.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He’s a had a few issues in the past which are questionable but he was 21. Geez not like Quade didn’t have some or JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor). He also talks about them which is a good thing. Would be worse if he was a head in the sand type.

And make sure the No8 from the U20s is locked away.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Plenty of a good young outside backs coming through and add Campbell and Henry in there as Super Rugby.

Still a lot to see from a guy like Grealy as well.

Guys like Grealy and Aubrey will need to show they can regularly play at the next level when given the chance.

The Reds must have some coin and I wouldn't be opposed to getting a few more steady sets of hands to pad out the depth in the backs. It's all well and good to have young guys biding their time, but I feel like the Reds need to balance their project players out with some known quantities from outside the QPR catchment.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Agree. Neither convince me they are Super Rugby players but they are still young enough they deserve a chance to show it before they are cast aside.

HMP had a good tournament as well in the U20s and could feature in Super Rugby next year.