• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RC - Wallabies vs Springboks, Gold Coast Sunday 12 September 8:05 PM

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It's not that surprising if QC (Quade Cooper) is in and Hodge replaces Banks.

Hodge is not a Test 10, he is a better fullback and there seems to be more upside to Lolesio than Banks.
What has happened to O'Connor?

John S

Desmond Connor (43)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Kerevi taking the heavy load from a Quade delivery, Koroibete off his hip, Kellaway primed to chase the kick pass. Tate taking them on around the ruck or White bullying the pigs and boxing over any overcommitted Bok D.

Get the balance right and it gives something to look forward to on Sunday. With a bit of luck any lost ball is likely to be handed back pretty quickly.

Or of course, it could be the rugby wind-up of the year!

Last edited:

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Quade & DP were installed into the squad by virtue of already being in Queensland, there's more than a bit of a Covid influence here. So the mantra of always selecting your best team for test matches, became select your best team that's from players who are in Queensland. I suspect that Rennie is regretting not at least keeping another up and coming 10 in the squad, whether that's Harrison or Gordon or someone else. There isn't much downside from doing that, it's all development and experience. However, I agree, Hodge did the job last year and should have been given another shot, although it sounds like Banks is being punted too, so maybe he is filling that role. And the media could be wrong, that's never happened before right?
Maybe Rennie sees Hodge at training everyday and doesn't think much of him as a flyhalf?

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Wow not only a worse rugby player but also an unpatriotic coward!

Interesting comment from Paul Cully. Can't say I totally disagree
Yes, Cully's compulsory reading for insights like this. That Lions test instantly changed when Russell came on. But can Quade still deliver that kind of impact?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
1. Angus Bell (8 Tests)

2. Folau Fainga’a (17 Tests)

3. Allan Ala'alatoa (49 Tests)

4. Izack Rodda (26 Tests)

5. Matt Philip (15 Tests)

6. Lachlan Swinton (4 Tests)

7. Michael Hooper (c) (111 Tests)

8. Rob Valetini (10 Tests)

9. Tate McDermott (8 Tests)

10. Quade Cooper (70 Tests)

11. Marika Koroibete (39 Tests)

12. Samu Kerevi (34 Tests)

13. Len Ikitau (5 Tests)

14. Andrew Kellaway (5 Tests)

15. Tom Banks (17 Tests)

Replacements

16. Feleti Kaitu’u*

17. James Slipper (106 Tests)

18. Taniela Tupou (31 Tests)

19. Rob Leota*

20. Pete Samu (11 Tests)

21. Nic White (38 Tests)

22. Reece Hodge (49 Tests)

23. Jordan Petaia (10 Tests)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Isn't Leota a loose forward?

Gotta say, not that impressed. Definitely over the Valetini & Swinton combo. Where the hell is Wilson?

I am excited to see Kaitu'u get a cap though.
4/5/6 Leota.

I don't mind the 'building combinations' thing as long as they work or at least show some promise. Swinton/Valetini doesn't and neither does Banks/anyone.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
15. Tom Banks (17 Tests)
images